I don't know why they redid the app, it is ok, but I don't like the redid distance logging, especially the daily! It worked perfectly before now I never have daily readings and I don't think it's adding it to total distance!!!! Plus new you have to go to profile and hit the tiny +1 in the corner to get what was automatically added when you connected to machine! So I have to give it ??

10 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

I don't know why they redid the app, it is ok, but I don't like the redid distance logging, especially the daily! It worked perfectly before now I never have daily readings and I don't think it's adding it to total distance!!!! Plus new you have to go to profile and hit the tiny +1 in the corner to get what was automatically added when you connected to machine! So I have to give it ??

If they could provide statistics on the Apple Watch then I would consider very valuable when riding.

I am hesitant to hold my iPhone in hand when I should be applying maximum attention for what's around me.

2 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

It's also in Chinese only, alert pop ups. Odd

21 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

It's okay, but when they forced the new app, I had to create a new login because I forgot my password on the old app.  So now I lost all my Ncoins and medals.  But the total mileage is still there, I think that is stored on the wheel.  I still have total distance and hours every time, but I never log out of the app, I just close it and reopen after every ride.

18 hours ago, SegwayMiniPro said:

It's also in Chinese only, alert pop ups. Odd

I noticed that also, makes me think the English speaking market is smaller than the Chinese market, maybe so small that we are not valued much.  I bet there are only a few hundred Ninebots in the US.

I'm not quite as nice.

The new APP SUCKS!

It is much harder to find and accomplish simple functions if they work at all and was obviously done for the Asian Market.

I am not sure the Original American Segway Corporation was allowed any input at all. ( I think they gave up caring years ago though)

7 hours ago, P99Guy said:

I'm not quite as nice.

The new APP SUCKS!

It is much harder to find and accomplish simple functions if they work at all and was obviously done for the Asian Market.

I am not sure the Original American Segway Corporation was allowed any input at all. ( I think they gave up caring years ago though)

They tried to simplify it but instead made it more complex ... you have to manually switch from social feed to connecting icon when launching. Otherwise I'm dealing with it. Not really likening the white theme so much either.

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2017 at 9:26 PM, Rocky Romero said:

If they could provide statistics on the Apple Watch then I would consider very valuable when riding.

I am hesitant to hold my iPhone in hand when I should be applying maximum attention for what's around me.

Aha.

I downloaded TheDarknessBot app to my iPhone and its supposed to also work with the Apple Watch.

Close.

The app on the AW tries to connect and freezes.

No other functional indicators on the iPhone app.

This replaces the Ninebot app, as both can't run simultaneously.

Glad that someone is experimenting with this as ideally it could boost the riding experience.

My favorite part about the new ninebot app is how it makes this one guy in the social section so angry. I think  his name is JoeCool. I enjoy telling him to STFU. I don't even ride my mini really, I just go on there and tell JoeCool to fuck himself every few days :D

ETA - I just checked and it's "JoeCoolPro" go fuck with him if you're looking for a good time :)

Greetings,   Just got my Segway MiniPro and have downloaded several of the App versions to my computer and can sideload my choice to my Android.   I've got 3.51, 4.06 and a couple others.   Is there any reason I want to use the new one?   Would it be better to load up the 3.51 even if I don't plan on downgrading the firmware?   Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Also another question - Can you have the Segway App running on a couple different phones (not at the same time) and have them sync data so it knows total mileage and so on?  I've got an android watch and several phones and not sure which one may be best to use at this point so I'm wondering if you start with one device but switch to a different android will it force you to start over again in beginner mode?

It seems I can't register the segwap app - keep getting error that password must be more than 6 digits.   I've entered allsorts of letters, letters + numbers, numbers all with more than 6 digits and it just keeps giving me this error.  Help - I'd like to get rolling on this :)   - so far I'm trying to use the 3.5.1 version

You may not be able to log in anymore with 3.51, they killed that. You are lucky to get any message. 

The total mileage is stored in the device so you can use multiple devices without issue, and it is also recorded each time you login on the website. Once your register and activate you can ridecwithout connecting the device will keep the mileage. 

Thanks,  I got by the problem of the 6 digit password when I updated to the latest from 3.5.1 to the current one on the Play store.   Been riding it a bit now.   Easy to get the hang of it.   I do seem to have an issue with the knee bar coming off when I pick it up by the bar though.  It's like the latch doesn't fully engage on the base.   The black plastic pin seems to barely be long enough.  Any thoughts on that?   BTW - loving it so far.   Just not sure my cat likes it though ;)

I see the new App has the option to turn off the backup alarm that I believe so many were disliking.   That's a plus :).   I managed to hit 11.2 Mph already.   I'm on firmware 1.28.   Do you think there is any reason now to downgrade anymore?   The app keeps asking me to upgrade the firmware - thoughts on that?

I know lots of Newbie questions.   I put the new app on another phone (same one from Play store) and tried to connect via Bluetooth to the Segway Mini pro with the Bluetooth Pin but it says unable to connect.   Turned off that phone and tried the original one .  Now I can't even connect with the original phone.  It says the MiniPro is unable to Pair and "make sure it is ready to pair".  The Minipro beeps when I try to connect and beeps again when I punch in the PIN but it won't connect.    Arghhhh - I had the handle up - guess that was the problem :blink1:

Both phones work now.   

Is anyone running v4.1.1 ?   Better? worse?    I'm currently on 4.0.6 and it's working fine.  

One more newbie ? for the moment.   One time I saw the camera running so I could see through the App.   But now it's always white background.   Not sure even how I got the "see-through" active.   How to get that working?   

Figured that camera part out from a video - didn't see anything in the app or manual referencing it but found it in a 'hidden secrets' youtube.   Just need to tap in the circle that shows speed while you are moving.   Unlike the video though mine seemed to keep working after I stopped moving.   I think my app is newer than the one in the video.   Nice feature as you can see what is behind (or in front of) your phone while looking at the speed.   

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, radial said:

DarknessBot works fine on my watch with the Ninebot 1E+.  You should check in with the developer to see if he can suggest a solution for you. 

Darknessbot has support for the MiniPro!

I’m testing this out soon, even in the cooler 40 degree weather.

Archived