Is Ninebot still in the game ?

Adel

Is Ninebot developing new EUC or are they done with the S2 model ? We don't hear of any new development news from them.

They used to be leading the field but now they completely ceded ground to gotway, kingsong, inmotion.

12 minutes ago, Adel said:

Is Ninebot developing new EUC or are they done with the S2 model ? We don't hear of any new development news from them

Could be wrong, but I suspect the lawyers took control & said that anything past 12MPH was too much of a liability. Same reason why the Japanese car companies who developed this tech couldn't make the imaginative step beyond a mobile high-chair.  

They're also operating within the constraints of UL2272 (<60v) & the lowest possible production costs. 

I keep waiting for them to innovate again, but so far, nothing.  They have the expertise and design capabilities, so it would be nice to see what they do next.  Even if only to help other manufactures move forward.

1 minute ago, Jason McNeil said:

Same reason why the Japanese car companies who developed this tech couldn't make the imaginative step beyond a mobile high-chair.

HAHAHAHA!!! ;)

6 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Could be wrong, but I suspect the lawyers took control & said that anything past 12MPH was too much of a liability. 

Too bad, it would have been nice to see what they would have come up with at the high end. It looks like they started going downhill after the segway aquisition.

2 hours ago, Adel said:

Too bad, it would have been nice to see what they would have come up with at the high end. It looks like they started going downhill after the segway aquisition.

I guess when they acquired Segway, they also acquired the lawyers, which makes them a more conservative company.  I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped making EUC's altogether, and started concentrating on the Minipro and Segway type two wheel transporters.  Which is what they appear to be doing.

On my Ninebot E+ latest app versions, the only owner manuals are for the S1 and Minipro.  And the FAQ's are for just those two products.  There is no longer app support for the E+:(  (Except that the app still works fine for the E+)

I think they don't want to develop a high end EUC, rather that they have the best two wheel transporters.  That seems to be the market they want.  Kingsong and Gotway are leading the way in one wheel devices.

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

I think they don't want to develop a high end EUC, rather that they have the best two wheel transporters.  That seems to be the market they want.  Kingsong and Gotway are leading the way in one wheel devices.

They want shrinking market of Two wheel transporters ? Good luck ! My next upgrade most likely will be msuper even though I started on 9bot e+.

5 hours ago, Adel said:

They want shrinking market of Two wheel transporters ? Good luck ! My next upgrade most likely will be msuper even though I started on 9bot e+.

Each to their own,

I see that Ninebot and Inmotion choosing more predictable future in the markets where self-balancing vehicles will be strongly regulated in regards of max speed, safety, certificates etc.

6 hours ago, Vik's said:

Each to their own,

I see that Ninebot and Inmotion choosing more predictable future in the markets where self-balancing vehicles will be strongly regulated in regards of max speed, safety, certificates etc.

I also see this as a positive.  More high speed accidents will lead to more regulations.  I wish GotWay would focus on safety more than speed (although, lately, they are doing much better on safety).  I think they should offer two versions for those that would like to choose.  I'd like the safety of Inmotion, but the range of GotWay.  Although, I would like to be able to do 20 MPH max.  I will admit though, I've got my MSuper governed, using tilt back, to 18 MPH now and it is quite safe, and I get range.

Maybe Ninebot/Segway will show something new at IFA in September? 

Another EUC? I really hope it can come out to the market soon... I really like One E+. it is just a bit 'slow'...

My thoughts are Ninebot are just sitting back and waiting for all the other makers to shoot themselves in the foot with poorly made wheels which are trying to kill people cough (Gotway)... Lol. 

44 minutes ago, fubar925 said:

My thoughts are Ninebot are just sitting back and waiting for all the other makers to shoot themselves in the foot with poorly made wheels which are trying to kill people cough (Gotway)... Lol. 

NineBot was not completely innocent in this either.  My wheel had no issues, but I know of a number of wheels that did.  Burned boards and cutouts were happening about as regular as GotWay.

Archived