Battery level shows empty, can't connect to app, can't factory reset

On 9/25/2022 at 11:26 AM, 2minipros said:

Another feature of this problem is that the headlights flash in a distinct pattern while it is turned on: 2 slow flashes followed by 5 quick flashes.  Pattern of flashes repeats as long as unit in turned on. 

I'm having the same issue today. Same light flashing pattern. I would expect that is an error code which would identify the issue, but I don't see that anyone got this resolved. Are they all trash now? 

Edit: This is error code 25 and is noted as this: 

Error 25 BLE communication failed Check connections between the Control Board and the Center console.  If the error remains replace the center console

Edited by NErider
Found useful information

In attempt to resolve this issue, I have ordered a new Bluetooth module from M4M. The entire "cabin with electronics". I will see if I am then able resurrect this thing. I'm not sure if the failure was caused by neglecting regular updates. But at this time it is essentially bricked. It can operate up to 4mph and that's it. 

This wheel is used a lot and is really a nuisance to be out of service. So I also now have a Ninebot S2 on order. Which by specs specs should be better in all ways. It's just annoying that the original has bricked.

9 hours ago, NErider said:

to resolve this issue

The origin of the problem is multiple: the cables are disconnected, or a capacitor of the Bluetooth card is out of service, etc.
If it helps you, here are the photos inside the bluetooth module and the procedure for disassembling and reassembling.Bluetooth module

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fJAJ77XxuvzsbKV37

Service manual how disassembling....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FWkKqx98khbAHXSV6

15 hours ago, jojo33 said:

The origin of the problem is multiple: the cables are disconnected, or a capacitor of the Bluetooth card is out of service, etc.
If it helps you, here are the photos inside the bluetooth module and the procedure for disassembling and reassembling.Bluetooth module

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fJAJ77XxuvzsbKV37

Service manual how disassembling....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FWkKqx98khbAHXSV6

I just replaced the entire "main cabin" which includes all electronics. It didn't make any difference. I'm going to try contacting the company M4M for support, but I have not heard of anyone resolving this. I guess I could try replacing the main board, but the cost of parts is quickly reaching the value of a new unit. 

18 hours ago, NErider said:

but the cost of parts is quickly reaching the value of a new unit. 

There were four dedicated topics regarding Bluetooth connection issues, and none of them have been resolved. I don't think the problem lies with the motherboard; it seems to be the Bluetooth module card that is problematic. Has there been a recent firmware update? (my S PLUS have a new update , a long time without any updates, many years...).

Well, indeed, if you're considering buying the new S2, you'll get more autonomy and a newer Bluetooth version. Between us, spending money on either a new Bluetooth cockpit (around $50) or a motherboard (around $100).... :efeff54d4a:  , you need to think quickly because the Segway S2 is still in stock at a price of $449.99. If you decide to purchase the S2, why not sell your old model for spare parts? You can post the ad on the forum.

Edited by jojo33

4 hours ago, jojo33 said:

There were four dedicated topics regarding Bluetooth connection issues, and none of them have been resolved. I don't think the problem lies with the motherboard; it seems to be the Bluetooth module card that is problematic. Has there been a recent firmware update? (my S PLUS have a new update , a long time without any updates, many years...).

Well, indeed, if you're considering buying the new S2, you'll get more autonomy and a newer Bluetooth version. Between us, spending money on either a new Bluetooth cockpit (around $50) or a motherboard (around $100).... :efeff54d4a:  , you need to think quickly because the Segway S2 is still in stock at a price of $449.99. If you decide to purchase the S2, why not sell your old model for spare parts? You can post the ad on the forum.

Yes, after opening the app again, there was an update that was long overdue but obviously cant connect. I did infact replace the entire bluetooth cockpit the other night and it had absolutely no change. 

We have 2 of these "wheels" to get around on our farm and both of them have failed the same way at the same time. It's bizzare to think how many of them are going bad with absolutely no resolution. 

It seems a few people have posted that they fixed it, but with little to no information that helps. So I'm not sure if they are just trolling the forum or what. 

I have one of the new S2 versions coming with delivery confirmation for this Friday. I'm sure it will be excellent,  but having two other failed Ninebot S's is just terrible. I have a pretty good history of fixing these, a KS S18 and done a lot of work to a KS S22, but the Ninebot S....just wanted to die I guess?

6 hours ago, NErider said:

but the Ninebot S....just wanted to die I guess?

:oPerhaps Ninebot is implanting a backdoor in the application that sends a self-destruct signal to older models...

Unfortunately, we don't have solutions to all technical problems. I have my old S first Mini from 2015, and it still works. My second one, the S PLUS 2017, also works well. Some topics were created by people who signed up just to find a solution, and often we haven't heard from them again, which is a shame. Perhaps solutions have been found and not shared here on the forum. Since when have you had your S PRO? What are their models, and from which year (often, there's a period indicated on the serial number, starting with the year and production semester)

Well I busted open the battery itself and looked for corrosion, loose connections or a burned surface mounted resistor. I pressed and held the S1 button multiple times. I  replaced the entire bluetooth cockpit with all modules as per More4Motions error code "fix". Still no change at all. 

Such a bizzare failure. So many people have experienced it and not one confirmed repair ever. I guess there is a pile of Ninebot S's in a landfill somewhere? 

On 2/1/2024 at 2:21 AM, NErider said:

I guess there is a pile of Ninebot S's in a landfill somewhere?

ABRACADABRA HOPLA! for the moment it is only the PT I2 segways which are affected but soon our S will be scrapped! 

Then this S2?

(sorry DALL E dont understand about Mini S segway ninebot)

_333964e2-a8c6-4b81-95ea-dadca6e16606.thumb.jpeg.4d05bc82766c23c66b4c72228e4e3e38.jpeg

_d4b65d3b-a663-40e0-a965-c60d44f5b5b4.thumb.jpeg.dba105515a99992b0ffabd277ff38bea.jpeg

_a713e4d8-9936-420f-a495-7e02cbcf6177.thumb.jpeg.dd00fe2f71a287179cceba0a7d4964e7.jpeg

I present to you on the right my mini S born in 2015 and his big brother my mini s plus born in 2016, my little mini S had a deficiency at birth he kept his firmware 1.1.7 and the mini s plus has suffered a lot of crashes but both still run despite my weight gain

Screenshot2024-02-0321_00_09.thumb.png.8541ff7345acdebb3dac3383390fd98e.png