Battery level shows empty, can't connect to app, can't factory reset

Hello all,

My minipro worked fine for a few weeks and then all of a sudden it stopped displaying the battery level on the bottom of the minipro. Now when I try to connect to the app the minipro beeps once, the app says "connecting" for about 30 seconds and then says "bluetooth connection failed." I tried doing a factory reset by turning it upside down and hitting the power button but the wheels just turn in opposite alternating directions indefinitely and on one side a green light turns on.

I haven't been able to find anyone experiencing this same set of issues online. Hoping someone has a method to troubleshoot this.

When I plug in the charger it shows that it is charging. When I unplug it battery shows zero again. It works normally without being connected to the app except I feel like it has reset back to the slower speed limit. It was fighting me real hard when I tried to go downhill, I even had to bail off of it because it started leaning back so much.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but still won't connect.

If the lights on the minipro are off, then it is possible a connector came loose or harware failure. I would try first just removing the battery. Then reseating it and see if the hard reset gets it going again. If not you'll need to find the video and photos that show how to take it apart and check all the connection in the control hub. 

Or just return it as defective. 

Ps, when you have the battery off check that the light on it's underside is blinking green, i'm sure it is because the minipro basically works. Although if really slow the bms may have failed but unlikely since that would not flipout the bluetooth. 

Removing the plastic cover would void the warranty, so saving that for last resort. I was able to chat with Segway customer support today and they suggested letting it charge for a full 4 hours so the battery could calibrate or something. I did that but nothing changed. I'll have to wait until Monday to call them back but it sounds like if this didn't work they were just going to have me send it in for a warranty repair/replacement. Still open to other troubleshooting ideas though if you have any!

Yes best to send it in.

That's a different story someone gave you. In the past, dispite the stickers, segway has said removing the battery would not void warranty.

Still there is nothing more you can do without opening it up so ship it back asap.  

Edited by FreeRide

12 hours ago, bnelli said:

Removing the plastic cover would void the warranty, so saving that for last resort. I was able to chat with Segway customer support today and they suggested letting it charge for a full 4 hours so the battery could calibrate or something. I did that but nothing changed. I'll have to wait until Monday to call them back but it sounds like if this didn't work they were just going to have me send it in for a warranty repair/replacement. Still open to other troubleshooting ideas though if you have any!

Well , 

4 hours is not enough

why? maybe charger is in security mode , it gives small electrical impulses
you have to let it charge 24h after there will be enough charge to turn on the mini, even with a single bar, as long as the display returns to normal,
and the charger will return to a normal charge mode

try, and say me if ok

Edited by jojo33

2 hours ago, bnelli said:

I was going by the two stickers on the battery cover that say "Warranty void if broken." I'll try leaving it on charge until tomorrow when I can call back customer support. Thanks for the replies.

Good idea to not break the stickers.  You would probably have to send it back anyway, if unplugging and replugging didn't fix the problem.  Then Ninebot could charge you for repair.

I hope Ninebot will make it right, let us know how it turns out.

On 09/04/2018 at 12:00 AM, bnelli said:

I was going by the two stickers on the battery cover that say "Warranty void if broken." I'll try leaving it on charge until tomorrow when I can call back customer support. Thanks for the replies.

what's new? with charging battery one night doesn't worked ?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, Casylee1 said:

I have the same issue. Has anyone figured it out. Ty 

I was able to figure this out today. On this one I was fixing it was 6 resistors 2 on the battery, 2 on the controller board and 2 on the wifi board. After replacing these 120 ohm resistors the battery now shows full and I am able to connect to the app.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this same issue and was wondering if anyone has figured out a fix?

Mine still seems to function, meaning it goes forward and back and turns but doesn't connect to app and the battery indicator is empty...

Thanks

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 8:35 AM, Scott B said:

I was able to figure this out today. On this one I was fixing it was 6 resistors 2 on the battery, 2 on the controller board and 2 on the wifi board. After replacing these 120 ohm resistors the battery now shows full and I am able to connect to the app.

Can you show us which resistors did you replace sir? Would be really helpful, there is no service center here that can deal with the problem. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Same problem here after not using segway for close to a year .  I unscrewed the battery and the light is flashing green. This means it’s not a battery issue .  I have the exact issues as the others on this forum. 1. Battery indicator works while charging .  Battery indicator shows empty when turned on despite fully charged .  Bluetooth can’t connect .  Dangerous on hills with breaking .  Tried doing hard reset and same symptoms with wheels continue slow spinning each wheel in a opposite direction .

any suggestions ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am also having this same issues .. I was sold a ninebot mini almost a year ago but didn't have a charger so it sat dead for a very long time I kept buying charges for it thinking that it just needed charged but my battery had went into "hibernation mode" I used a multimeter and learned my battery was pouring out about 5 volts when its supposed to be alt higher.  So I watched some videos on YouTube and found that the battery needed to be jumped so I put wires straight on the connectors to the scooter and juiced it up for a little bit. Then I plugged the actual charger into just the battery itself and light started blinking with 1 second intervals so I put the battery back on the scooter and plugged the charger into it to let it charge.  The charger indicator light turned red like normal charging mode so I let that sit for a little bit and when the light turned solid green and was supposed to be fully charged I found the issues of the battery level indicator showing completely empty,  it stopped displaying the battery level on the bottom of the minipro. Now when I try to connect to the app the minipro beeps once, the app says "connecting" for about 30 seconds and then says "bluetooth connection failed." I tried doing a factory reset by turning it upside down and hitting the power button but the wheels just turn in opposite alternating directions indefinitely. So I took the battery back off and found the light was solid green now and not flashing anymore.  I left the battery off the scooter for a few days and came back to find the light was blinking again with the one second intervals so I put the battery back on and everything repeated itself from start to finish with the battery ending up solid green again then when staying off the scooter for a few days it went back to blinking green with one second intervals.  So this time I plugged the battery in off the scooter to find that one plugged in the light immediately turns to blinking red for a little while and the charger indicator light stays red for a bit then the battery light goes to solid green.  Does anyone know what the problem is. Idk what to do from here. At this moment the battery light is a solid green and has not changed since. 

• 1 month later...

You can not go down hill with a fully charged battery!!! Because the motors are feeding back to the full battery which they will not allow you to do and will stop the mini...

You will not avoid the warranty... It is against the law for they to state that so yes you can remove the battery, and open and measure individual cells, replacing the cells are not that easy, most likely you need a new battery....

I had one 'fuse' resistor bad that I fixed, but another battery had water corrosion damaged cells aka new battery... 

Edited by MetricUSA