which way do you ride ?

So I figured the E+ would probably not matter which way you ride it ? well apparently it does, I tried to ride it with the power button facing the rear and HOLY NO. I could see myself getting really hurt if I continued, so whats the difference there?? and has anyone pulled theirs out of the box and started by riding it with the power button to the rear ?  

Actually I was under the impression that one can ride either way. But I found a small arrow imprinted into the rubber at on side of my tyre. I took it as an indication for the suggested direction and basically ride the wheel in that direction. That is with the power button in the front. It seems also to be more practical for me, once I have to dismount and switch it off.

Actually I was under the impression that one can ride either way. But I found a small arrow imprinted into the rubber at on side of my tyre. I took it as an indication for the suggested direction and basically ride the wheel in that direction. That is with the power button in the front. It seems also to be more practical for me, once I have to dismount and switch it off.

how many kms do you have on the wheel.. try to ride the other way and try to describe it please 

Be interesting to know various thoughts on this.
In theory, the wheels can travel in any direction - hence the lean back to stop & travel backwards.
I presumed it is the way tyres are manufactured which means they have an arrow showing intended direction of travel.

I did try going against the arrow a long time ago and although ridable, it felt absolutely awful & as mentioned above, potentially dangerous.
That was on an Airwheel X5, I haven't tried it since & don't intend to!

My 9b1 behaviour is diferent if you drive it 180º rotated. You can ride it, but the pedals have an inclination when riding forward (backward really). I believe that it is designed in that way to support you better when you hard break, leaning backward.

My understanding of the arrow is that it is the direction of rotation that the tire was designed to go.  Going against the arrow means that potentially the traction is less than ideal for the designed purpose.  When rotating the tire on a fully assembled 9bot the arrow only becomes visible when at the bottom.  With the arrow at the six o'clock position it is pointing towards the non power button side indicating that the power button side is the front.

Very weird - On mine i can right it both ways. Seems to me it the same speed and same procedure to brake and accelerate. If needed I can create a video.

I can ride mine both ways also but it feels very weird I wonder if it's different with less kms, does the bot have a memory as to how you stand? would it act differently riding backwards straight out of the box??? you are saying you feel no difference when riding backwards ???? mine feels like it wants to dip my toes way too low when i speed up 

My 9b1 behaviour is different if you drive it 180º rotated. You can ride it, but the pedals have an inclination when riding forward (backward really). I believe that it is designed in that way to support you better when you hard break, leaning backward.

This is the right answer because when you ride without mod , there is the normally riding angle in default(not absolute leveled). if you ride forward it tilts back a little to form the balanced angle, if you ride 180 rotated, this balanced angle will be in the opposite angle(lean you out). It is more dangerous to ride 180 rotated. As well as the tyre pattern difference. Confirmed by Ninebot Engineer... 

If you want, you can calibrate the balance of your ninebot to be absolute leveled then riding both way will be pretty much the same(can be done to a degree with the built in calibration function in app). However it is still not recommended by the Ninebot engineer to ride 180 rotated constantly given the machine was directional in design.

If you want, you can calibrate the balance of your ninebot to be absolute leveled then riding both way will be pretty much the same(can be done to a degree with the built in calibration function in app). However it is still not recommended by the Ninebot engineer to ride 180 rotated constantly given the machine was directional in design.

How do you go about doing this (leveling the pedals)?  You said it can be done to a degree with the app - what's the full procedure?

Thanks!

I haven't try the full procedure myself properly. To be on the safe side, use the app to calibrate the balance maybe at start.

How do you go about doing this (leveling the pedals)?  You said it can be done to a degree with the app - what's the full procedure?

Thanks!

Archived