Handle broken

vemalilu

Are you saying that when and if you lift your 9B1 with your trolley, the trolley would fall out?

Is it not sturdy enough to resist the weight?

If and when I have to lift the 9B1, I use the integrated handle on top of the unit. The black one every 9B1 has. However, my 9B1 has an additional trolley handle attached to it. It is an accessory part and I only and exclusively use this one to push my 9B1 over the ground (like a suitcase). It is nice for the job, but not for more.image.thumb.jpg.60b1850026dd6462536190b0

If and when I have to lift the 9B1, I use the integrated handle on top of the unit. The black one every 9B1 has. However, my 9B1 has an additional trolley handle attached to it. It is an accessory part and I only and exclusively use this one to push my 9B1 over the ground (like a suitcase). It is nice for the job, but not for more.image.thumb.jpg.60b1850026dd6462536190b0

his handle is broken though 

I am pretty sure that attachment points will resist the weight. And the trolley it seems very resistant, when lowered.

The only drawback...the trolley it is very slippery when used as a handle. And you will need re-position your hand every few meters, since it will move towards the trolley end. May be that a rubber adhesive tape can do the trick.

I mean this way, when trolley is lowered it is like a new handle. Slippery. Only to carry a few meters.

Get it up grabbing the metal part, not the plastic one.

ninebot-one-trolley-handle-installation-

:angry:As seen in many other treads, now my ninebot one e+ handle is broken too.

Not only that isnt handy when OK, it broke because of nothing. There was no heavy impact or anything like that. This is not acceptable from a device that costs 1000€. 

Im pissed 

IMG_20150824_005827.jpg

If you got your wheel directly from Ninebot they will, most likely, replace it for free. I order one from them as my handle got loose (hasn't broke yet) and they sent me one. I also ordered a battery cover and replacement outer shell. Just communicate with them. Keep in mind of the time zone difference as it may not be a speedy reply.

If you got your wheel directly from Ninebot they will, most likely, replace it for free. I order one from them as my handle got loose (hasn't broke yet) and they sent me one. I also ordered a battery cover and replacement outer shell. Just communicate with them. Keep in mind of the time zone difference as it may not be a speedy reply.

Just don't email "sales" with any questions or you may never get a response.  I emailed them August 16th, still waiting.

Did they send you a whole new handle?  Is it easy to replace yourself?

Did they send you a whole new handle?  Is it easy to replace yourself?

Yes, handle and blue attachment. I haven't put it on yet so I don't know how difficult. I've seen pictures of it being held on by 3 or 4 Allen bolts. You have to take the one side of the case off to get to it.

So If I buy a Ninebot from US online stores..like the one or two on this forum, would they replace it under warranty? 

I don't know if it's covered under warranty. However, they replaced it regardless. The customer support service that I received was top notch.  

When I was a distributor for them, I asked Ninebot about this problem they were evasive about telling me whether the design had been changed since folks had been encountering this brittle handle issue. Perhaps this is just one of the examples where the company is choosing form over function. I can't say I enjoyed using the handle to carry the thing anyway; the offset weight distribution aggravates my tendinitis. Still, it's so pretty...

• 1 month later...

Mine broke as well.  It actually broke on the very first night I had it.  So sad...

Anyway, I wrote the vendor and they are apparently sending a new one... I'm not holding my breath.  In the meantime I ordered a new one and installed it last Friday.  Took about 90 minutes or so as I took my time with it.  I made a video if anyone is interested:

Archived