KS14S Tilt-back After Full Charge - Help

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

As I indicated in this thread and as shown in the video, I brought the battery down to ~90-percent level and the issue never went away. The app also went crazy if moving the wheel only an inch or so. Yes, stock charger.

I installed a new board and the problem resolved itself. The stock charger continues to function normally.

OK thanks!, missed that sorry.  sounds like the root cause is a different issue.

@Marty Backe When you took the wheel apart, it looked like the control board sat over an opening that looks down at the top of the tire. What prevents water spray from being thrown off the tire and onto the underside of the control board? Was there a rubber gasket or something that contacts the plate on the underside of the control board, or something else that serves as water protection?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kjon12 said:

@Marty Backe When you took the wheel apart, it looked like the control board sat over an opening that looks down at the top of the tire. What prevents water spray from being thrown off the tire and onto the underside of the control board? Was there a rubber gasket or something that contacts the plate on the underside of the control board, or something else that serves as water protection?

The control board is attached to the metal plate that itself is screwed to the shell. The metal plate is the heatsink for the control board. There are no through holes in the metal plate, so any water that would be splashed onto it would only help to keep the board cooler :thumbup:

There are no rubber gaskets, but the fit seems tight enough. I think the wheel would have to be submerged in water for enough water to penetrate this friction fit.

• 3 years later...