I'm New here and to EUC-Waiting for my King Song 14" 800w 680wh to arrive

BobbyDee

I wanted to say hello to all and introduce myself, BobbyDee and I live in the USA. I am brand new to the EUC world and kind of excited to add this fresh change of pace into my life. After studying my brains out on all makes and models and coming to this forum to see all your posts, I decided that quality and power would be worth the price, so I spent a lot of $$ on a King Song 14" 800w, 680wh version, because it has about 40% more raw power than the 340wh model. I know some companies boast about their stats and I am sure they pump them up a bit, so at least I know what the physical hardware is capable of. They state this wheel can easily sustain an average speed of 27kph over 40km, which I will find out in a few weeks (I ordered it on 8/19/15 and they said it will arrive in 2 weeks) an electronically controlled max speed of 35kph (which I will be very careful with if that is true.) Pedal pitch: the owner can set the ride position of pedals to their preference making the Wheel more comfortable to ride. It has light sensitive LEDs: as it becomes dark, the King Song will automatically turn-on the front headlight. Bluetooth speakers.

Also in contrast to their main rival, the King Song allows the rider to set the maximum speed & audible warnings through the Bluetooth connected mobile App. This is one of the things that separated the ISP 191 Xima LHOTZ and this King Song for me. I almost bought the ISP 191 Xima LHOTZ until I saw this feature, and the 680wh feature, of course. Screw that beeping and the tilt back happening way too early in the ride. I can adjust it carefully to where I prefer it. They are including a unique charger that can charge this thing in 2.5 hours, mainly because of how much the buyer shelled out for this.

I hope I made a good choice here and that it lives up to it's claims, because I paid top dollar for this after a very careful time of research. If anyone has any input, please post your experience. Nice to meet you all. I am sure I will have questions along the way. The 1st one will probably sound like "How the He** do you ride this thing!!?" But until then, I will keep studying posts and the 'net for information. Thanks.

Good choice!

The L.HOTZ is lacking in battery capacity in my opinion.

As a beginner don't think that just because the wheel is capable of high speeds you have to use them. Take it steady. Learn to ride slowly, it's a much more difficult skill than just "bombing" it.

I have already found that the plastic body is fairly resistant to damage but the different plastic that is used on the led covers does scratch fairly easily, so if looks worry you I suggest you protect them during your learning stage.

Granted that 16" & 18" wheels are more stable for commuting and require slightly less care and attention to the surface you're riding on but they do lack a little in manoeuvrability and as a fun and general purpose wheel that's fairly capable in most situations a powerful 14" would get my vote.

Good choice!

The L.HOTZ is lacking in battery capacity in my opinion.

As a beginner don't think that just because the wheel is capable of high speeds you have to use them. Take it steady. Learn to ride slowly, it's a much more difficult skill than just "bombing" it.

I have already found that the plastic body is fairly resistant to damage but the different plastic that is used on the led covers does scratch fairly easily, so if looks worry you I suggest you protect them during your learning stage.

Thanks for your input- very much appreciate it. One thing I have learned on every forum is SAFETY 1st. I plan on taking a very humble, moderate approach in learning how to ride, because I know that it is not easy at first- not as easy as online video's seem. I realize I have chosen a very fast and powerful, top line EUC, but I will use this EUC in a responsible way. When I have become a proficient rider, I will have some fun with the speed in a safe manner.Again, thanks for replying. I need to talk to people who have experience with this as I begin my journey. I can't wait for this to arrive. They said 2 weeks and I hope all goes well. I have a little of that "little kid on Christmas eve" excited feeling, which is very cool.

i think the down side of King Song is the 14" wheel....IMO

I actually wanted a 16" wheel (L.HOTZ), but the battery capacity wound up winning the battle for the KS 800 there. I believe there will be a 16" wheel in the future, though. Thanks for posting.

Yeah the downfall of the Lhotz is honestly battery capacity and beeping/tilt back controls. Although, I would imagine they could simply tweak the app so that you can indeed change these settings in the future. But aesthetically, the Lhotz wins hands down. I should be getting a KS 800W very soon though, so I'll get to see exactly how they perform in comparison.

Yeah the downfall of the Lhotz is honestly battery capacity and beeping/tilt back controls. Although, I would imagine they could simply tweak the app so that you can indeed change these settings in the future. But aesthetically, the Lhotz wins hands down. I should be getting a KS 800W very soon though, so I'll get to see exactly how they perform in comparison.

That will be an interesting head to head. Can't help but wonder how long the smaller battery will be able to keep the motor at peak power before internal battey resistance limits it.

Personally l'm not that keen on all the flashy pimp my ride type lights and much prefer the simple headlight and tail/stop  light which actually serves a purpose.

That will be an interesting head to head. Can't help but wonder how long the smaller battery will be able to keep the motor at peak power before internal battey resistance limits it.

Personally l'm not that keen on all the flashy pimp my ride type lights and much prefer the simple headlight and tail/stop  light which actually serves a purpose.

The tail light on the Lhotz actually does brighten considerable when braking and it's very obvious/noticeable. If only manufacturers could build wheels with custom specs... 

I don't know man, I feel like if you're riding an EUC and getting alot of public attention, you may as well show off a little and make it look pimped up :P People actually do comment on the design and lighting features when I ride the lhotz compared to the Gotway and seem more eager to try/buy.
I would get the lhotz exterior/lights with the KS 800W interior specs. One can dream...

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to say hello to all and introduce myself, BobbyDee and I live in the USA. I am brand new to the EUC world and kind of excited to add this fresh change of pace into my life. After studying my brains out on all makes and models and coming to this forum to see all your posts, I decided that quality and power would be worth the price, so I spent a lot of $$ on a King Song 14" 800w, 680wh version, because it has about 40% more raw power than the 340wh model. I know some companies boast about their stats and I am sure they pump them up a bit, so at least I know what the physical hardware is capable of. They state this wheel can easily sustain an average speed of 27kph over 40km, which I will find out in a few weeks (I ordered it on 8/19/15 and they said it will arrive in 2 weeks) an electronically controlled max speed of 35kph (which I will be very careful with if that is true.) Pedal pitch: the owner can set the ride position of pedals to their preference making the Wheel more comfortable to ride. It has light sensitive LEDs: as it becomes dark, the King Song will automatically turn-on the front headlight. Bluetooth speakers.

Also in contrast to their main rival, the King Song allows the rider to set the maximum speed & audible warnings through the Bluetooth connected mobile App. This is one of the things that separated the ISP 191 Xima LHOTZ and this King Song for me. I almost bought the ISP 191 Xima LHOTZ until I saw this feature, and the 680wh feature, of course. Screw that beeping and the tilt back happening way too early in the ride. I can adjust it carefully to where I prefer it. They are including a unique charger that can charge this thing in 2.5 hours, mainly because of how much the buyer shelled out for this.

I hope I made a good choice here and that it lives up to it's claims, because I paid top dollar for this after a very careful time of research. If anyone has any input, please post your experience. Nice to meet you all. I am sure I will have questions along the way. The 1st one will probably sound like "How the He** do you ride this thing!!?" But until then, I will keep studying posts and the 'net for information. Thanks.

I didnt know kingsong allows you to control the beeps and has the speed of 35kph. This is not what Tina from kingsong told me. Is that a new model that just came out ? I ordered mine about a month ago with the same specs and iit doesnt have those features. Are you sure about the speed and the controls?

I just got my LHOTZ a few days back. I haven't unlocked the 30kph yet, and currently beeping/tiltback starts around 16kph... a bit too low. I think when unlocked it will probably not bother me too much. Battery wise, it seems to carry me ~20-25km per charge at 75kg, though I have also been doing a lot of uphill/downhill riding. At around 12-15% it gave me a long warning beep after cresting a hill, however I didn't notice any particular lack of power while climbing said hill... so I haven't felt too nervous about riding around on lower battery levels. Overall I would say I wouldn't mind a bigger battery, but I don't strictly need it (at least for now).

I just got my LHOTZ a few days back. I haven't unlocked the 30kph yet, and currently beeping/tiltback starts around 16kph... a bit too low. I think when unlocked it will probably not bother me too much. Battery wise, it seems to carry me ~20-25km per charge at 75kg, though I have also been doing a lot of uphill/downhill riding. At around 12-15% it gave me a long warning beep after cresting a hill, however I didn't notice any particular lack of power while climbing said hill... so I haven't felt too nervous about riding around on lower battery levels. Overall I would say I wouldn't mind a bigger battery, but I don't strictly need it (at least for now).

Just wait til you get the 100KM unlock :P Speed will never be a concern ever again. I generally get 30 - 35KM range with it and I'm 80KG. There are also a fair few hills around my area

I didnt know kingsong allows you to control the beeps and has the speed of 35kph. This is not what Tina from kingsong told me. Is that a new model that just came out ? I ordered mine about a month ago with the same specs and iit doesnt have those features. Are you sure about the speed and the controls?

Here is the info I saw on WheelGo. Maybe they overstated it? I hope not- the thing cost $1,030.00 US dollars. Here is the info they advertise:

From WheelGo.com-

Product Description

680Wh eWheels ARRIVING FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER
CAUTION:  The King Song range of eWheels are the highest performing & most capable eWheels available today. Although these eWheels are exceptional safe (more below), because of the extreme top speeds, riders are strongly urged to wear knee/wrist guards & a helmet, at a minimum, for protection.

Who is it for? The King Song, especially the 680Wh/800W motor version, is the perfect choice for someone who wants the ultimate in performance & speed. At an electronically controlled maximum speed of 35kph, it can keep abreast with most cycle traffic & cover an incredible 50-60km at a leisurely 25kph cruising speed.

How much more capable is the KS800W over say an AirWheel X8 or Ninebot? Each brand/model is eWheel has slightly different handling & performance characteristics, but an experienced rider can distinctly feel the subtle differences of performance under extreme use conditions. In our tests, the KS800W is at least 3x more capable & better range than the Airwheel X8 & 2x higher performance than the Ninebot E.

Apart from the battery capacity are there other differences between the 680Wh & the other versions? Yes, the 680Wh motor is equipped with a 800W motor that has 40% more raw power than the 340Wh & 170Wh models. In our independent testing of the 800W eWheel, a rider can easily sustain an average speed of 27kph over 40km!

Anything else? Yes! We are also proud to announce that we are the first to offer, as standard, a fast charger with all of the 680Wh/800W Wheels. This will reduce the charging time on a flat battery from 4.5hrs to 2.25hrs!

What is the difference in weight between 340Wh & the 680Wh? The carrying weight of the 340Wh is 11.5kg, while the 680Wh is 14.6kg.

Is the eWheel water resistant? Yes, King Song has made many efforts to protect the critical components from rain & contamination. The electronics have a thin protective film covering the surface & the plastic shells are also sealed together. That said, we still recommend to keep the eWheel away from standing water & deep puddles.

Does the smaller 14″ tire cope less well than the larger 16″eWheels? Generally no, however, on exceptional bad surfaces, like cobble-stones & potholes, a 16″ eWheel is better at negotiating.

What are some of the safety features of this brand? Many of eWheels being sold today are under-powered & this poses the single greatest risk to riders, especially in situations like going up a curb at slowly. The King Song eWheel are exceptional, in that they offer an enormous amount of power for all conditions, in short power = safety.

Also in contrast to their main rival, the King Song allows the rider to set the maximum speed & audible warnings through the Bluetooth connected mobile App.

• Best power & highest (controlled) top speed
  • Fast-charger: reduces charging time to under two-hours
  • Bluetooth speakers: use your eWheel as a portable music player
  • Pedal pitch: the owner can set the ride position of pedals to their preference making the Wheel more comfortable to ride than others where this feature is not available.
  • Light sensitive LEDs: as it becomes dark, the King Song will automatically turn-on the front headlight illuminating the route ahead
  • Batteries: top quality LG batteries with an expected lifespan of between 3-5 years of daily use
  • Optional accessories: trolley carrying handle & extra padding
  • Full one year European wide warranty: if there are problems/faults with the unit, we’ll pay for the shipping & get it repaired with minimal delay

Welcome BobbyDee. I'm also new here and just like you did a ton of research and decided on the KS 800 after almost very nearly purchasing the Lhotz 340. I do own a NB1E+ but like what usually happens, I got bitten by the EUC bug big time and needed an upgrade. I'll probably keep the NB1 for people to try -- and fall on. Wanna try to keep the new KS nice and shiny ;)

Also in contrast to their main rival, the King Song allows the rider to set the maximum speed & audible warnings through the Bluetooth connected mobile App. This is one of the things that separated the ISP 191 Xima LHOTZ and this King Song for me. I almost bought the ISP 191 Xima LHOTZ until I saw this feature, and the 680wh feature, of course. Screw that beeping and the tilt back happening way too early in the ride. I can adjust it carefully to where I prefer it. They are including a unique charger that can charge this thing in 2.5 hours, mainly because of how much the buyer shelled out

Yet another important feature as to why I picked the KS over the Lhotz and others. One I almost completely forgot about! I have to hand it to KS, they really have tried to implement the most features in their EUCs. Most of them very, very useful. I admit the Bluetooth speaker function, I don't really need if it would save me some weight in return but the KS 800 is about as heavy as my NB1 so it's not unreasonably heavy. But lighter would be welcome.

The first wave of the new main board 800w King Song units have shipped! @BobbyDee -- Can't wait to hear how you enjoy the ride.

Add me to the list of people who want to hear from you when you get yours @BobbyDee. Since mine is a ways away, it'll help make the wait less painful 

@KaleOsaurusRex I just ordered mine on the 10th from you guys (2 days ago after some excellent Q&A from Will) What ETA times should I expect?? :D I'm in California.

@BobbyDee @zentype

Thank you for the kind words and well-thought-out consideration in picking King Song.

To all who are following this thread who have submitted orders: I HAVE TRACKING NUMBERS FOR THE FIRST WAVE! This means you, BobbyDee. I'm just waiting for them to show some info before I email them out to everybody (for the last couple days they say "check again later"). First wave orders (Sep 4th and before) should be arriving this week; the shipping partner says to expect them around Wednesday so let's say Thursday or Friday :)

Zen, your order has been submitted, and I expect it should be shipped out Monday. The weekend is like an alternate dimension where there are no updates. Your unit is already manufactured and tested, so I would expect it to arrive in 10 days or so. I will keep you updated via email.

Sounds good Kale, thanks.

I have to admit, I'm drawn to the look of the KS 18. Too bad I'm not in the bay area, I'd love to try that out. Took me a while jumping back and forth between the 14 and 18 before I finally decided on the 14... Even now I'm still drawn to it. If the rumored 1100W version was out, I probably would have gone with that instead!

@BobbyDee @zentype

Thank you for the kind words and well-thought-out consideration in picking King Song.

To all who are following this thread who have submitted orders: I HAVE TRACKING NUMBERS FOR THE FIRST WAVE! This means you, BobbyDee. I'm just waiting for them to show some info before I email them out to everybody (for the last couple days they say "check again later"). First wave orders (Sep 4th and before) should be arriving this week; the shipping partner says to expect them around Wednesday so let's say Thursday or Friday :)

Zen, your order has been submitted, and I expect it should be shipped out Monday. The weekend is like an alternate dimension where there are no updates. Your unit is already manufactured and tested, so I would expect it to arrive in 10 days or so. I will keep you updated via email.

I'm sorry guys :( I have been emailing with King Song about the shipping delay, and have been relaying the information I am given. The first and second waves of 800w unicycles have shipped, and there is a delay. None of the tracking numbers have registered any information yet, so I have not sent them out.

@BobbyDee Thank you for being so forgiving in our telephone conversation. I am doubling my efforts in trying to get more information about the orders' shipping times, and will provide as much information as I can get. I don't think it should be too much longer, but I want to be totally honest and only give information that's 100% true. Again, thank you so much for working with me despite the unusually long delay.

I'm sorry guys :( I have been emailing with King Song about the shipping delay, and have been relaying the information I am given. The first and second waves of 800w unicycles have shipped, and there is a delay. None of the tracking numbers have registered any information yet, so I have not sent them out.

@BobbyDee I have called you personally and sent you an email trying to repair the situation and our relationship. I'm sorry that the story sounds dubious to you; it's just the full extent of the information I have been given. I have been trying to be clear with prospective customers that shipping delays are possible, but for you I'm sorry that I did not express that satisfactorily.

Please guys, I am doing my best :( There's a delay in shipping. I can show you the interactions with King Song.

Thanks for calling me, Will. I can see by talking to you over the phone that your company has excellent customer service, which is important to me. I'm going to hang in there with you and the others who are waiting and remain possitive about our transaction. You seem like a decent and honest guy and the trouble seems to lie within the overseas shipping issue. Nice talking with you tonight. Thank you.

Archived