EUC’s and rhe police . US laws and ordinances.

Scott Henley

If you look in chapter 20 of the North Carolina General Statute Sanctions(or if you just search up "laws in nc") under chapter 20 - motor vehicles and go to G.S. 20-175.6, or Electric personal assistive mobility devices, It states that," An electric personal assistive mobility device may be operated on public highways with posted speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, sidewalks, and bicycle paths. A person operating an electric personal assistive mobility device on a sidewalk, roadway, or bicycle path shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and other human-powered devices. A person operating an electric personal assistive mobility device shall have all rights and duties of a pedestrian, including the rights and duties set forth in Part 11 of this Article."

https://www.ncleg.gov/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_20/GS_20-175.6.pdf

Therefore EUC's are legal in NC given you follow the rules previously stated.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Although I have lived abroad for much of my life, I have only ever ridden an EUC in the US. Now, after living/riding in 5 different states, there are a few things I have learned:

1. Don't be a D*** and no one will care in most places.

2. Don't ride in congested pedestrian areas. See #1 above.

3. Don't ride in or on the edge of streets where drivers are D***s. Safe areas are public roads in industrial or business parks, elderly or retirement communities, and low-density populations in the early morning before rush hour.

4. Don't ride in or on sidewalks, trails or bicycle lanes where walkers and riders are D***s. Safe areas are towns and cities where the population rarely if ever gets any outdoor exercise. Fortunately, that applies to the majority of the United States. :laughbounce2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...