Baltimore MD, USA

Joff

Big Whimsy, a Baltimore based entertainment company, is looking for EU riders interested in putting on costumes and zipping about for parades and special events. Additional skills  such as juggling or being a able to play a instrument while riding is a big plus!

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2017 at 10:03 AM, Joff said:

Big Whimsy, a Baltimore based entertainment company, is looking for EU riders interested in putting on costumes and zipping about for parades and special events. Additional skills  such as juggling or being a able to play a instrument while riding is a big plus!

How much does the job pay Joff?

We pay stiltwalkers $100/hr, 2 hour minimum. EU riders would get the same if we needed them, but we do not, at this time.  Few people know about electric unicycles around here,  and zero people call up asking for them. We put in a put in a proposal involving lit up electric unicycle riders  to Light City Baltimore https://lightcity.org/  but they decided to go with a different proposal of ours, that uses our lit up stilt walker aliens. 

4 of us and crowd.jpg

nina and jof hi5.jpg

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Jrosenzweig said:

Hi I'm in Towson let me know if anyone wants to ride.

Thats not far from me. I'm on Biddison, off Belaire in Gardenville. I have not seen many EU in Baltimore. I  rode a little last night at the Light City event after stiltwalking and before taking the light up costume off. There should be some photos and video surfacing.  

On 4/21/2018 at 3:55 PM, Jrosenzweig said:

Hi I'm in Towson let me know if anyone wants to ride.

Good day all.  I am available to ride and we have ridden around the city on a few occasions and met up with some of the DC crew.  I'm in Delaware about 45 minutes outside the city.  Previously we have met in the inner harbor and gone from there.  Anyone interested in an ride this weekend sometime?

4 hours ago, Acturbo said:

Anyone interested in an ride this weekend sometime?

Hi there, sounds like fun! I will be away this weekend performing at Beltane mountain mysteries in VA. Weekends tend to be when my work is, and most of it is not local. 

If Sunday after 2pm is a reasonable time, I might be able to make that. I wouldn't want to be the only other person in the meetup in case I have traffic or RV troubles. 

I'm not a speed demon.  I did pick up a 84 volt 2000w Rockwheel gt16 this week, so that might change! I have not been in baltimore a long time so I don't know a lot of places. Inner harbor seems like a good place

On 4/25/2018 at 4:29 PM, Joff said:

If Sunday after 2pm is a reasonable time, I might be able to make that. I wouldn't want to be the only other person in the meetup in case I have traffic or RV troubles. 

I'm down for riding unicycle as well. So thats 3 or 4 people that can? @Joff @Acturbo @Jrosenzweig ??

On 4/26/2018 at 7:52 PM, edwin_rm said:

I'm down for riding unicycle as well. So thats 3 or 4 people that can? @Joff @Acturbo @Jrosenzweig ??

Yes I should be good for Sunday.  Sorry for delayed response, busy week at work.  Are you def riding Edwin?  What about everyone else? @Joff @Jrosenzweig @edwin_rm

I'd say 90 percent chance I'm going.  Unless I get the famous wife veto for some reason.

Barring a RV breakdown, i will make it. I don't know ncr trail, but  maybe that is better. Parking at inner harbor is expensive and a scenic trail sounds better.

Just my 2¢ guys..I used to live in b-more. The harbor can be somewhat limiting for euc's. I'd like to suggest that you guys branch out, maybe head up towards the Towson Town Center via Harford Rd, or Belair Rd. I think you'll find the views aren't that bad. Lots of sidewalk and stores along the way also.

Have fun whichever you decide!

15 hours ago, Acturbo said:

Yes I should be good for Sunday.  Sorry for delayed response, busy week at work.  Are you def riding Edwin?  What about everyone else? @Joff @Jrosenzweig @edwin_rm

I'd say 90 percent chance I'm going.  Unless I get the famous wife veto for some reason.

Yes, for sure. My GW Monster is charged.

So, @Joff @Jrosenzweig @Acturbo how about we meet at 2pm(?) at:

This parking spot [39.498535, -76.659094] at: https://goo.gl/maps/smtnFBUj7PH2

From there, we ride to the NCR Trail head [39.495280, -76.638252] at: https://goo.gl/maps/2dmhRQQhvbA2