Baltimore MD, USA

Joff

4 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

Yes, for sure. My GW Monster is charged.

So, @Joff @Jrosenzweig @Acturbo how about we meet at 2pm(?) at:

This parking spot [39.498535, -76.659094] at: https://goo.gl/maps/smtnFBUj7PH2

From there, we ride to the NCR Trail head [39.495280, -76.638252] at: https://goo.gl/maps/2dmhRQQhvbA2

3 hours ago, Jrosenzweig said:

Works for me!

This might be better: http://www.ncrtrailsnails.com/ncr_trail.html

• Mile 3.8 Sparks: Take York Road north of Shawan Road to Sparks (Exit 20 off I-83). Turn right (east) on Sparks Road. Go less than 1 mile to parking lot. This location features the Sparks Bank Nature Center, a water fountain, and a spot-a-pot.

Also still trying to figure out plans tonight as might be in Philadelphia...

30 minutes ago, Jrosenzweig said:

This might be better: http://www.ncrtrailsnails.com/ncr_trail.html

• Mile 3.8 Sparks: Take York Road north of Shawan Road to Sparks (Exit 20 off I-83). Turn right (east) on Sparks Road. Go less than 1 mile to parking lot. This location features the Sparks Bank Nature Center, a water fountain, and a spot-a-pot.

Also still trying to figure out plans tonight as might be in Philadelphia...

From some reviews I read, parking at the actual trail fills up early, therefore the little spot in the nearby shopping center is a good starting point (plus it's safer). ?

EDIT: However, we have to ride in that direction (north) anyways. So we would end up meeting up either way.

Edited by edwin_rm
add info

9 hours ago, Jrosenzweig said:

I'm fine with retail parking spot. And good to go tomorrow

Do we need to worry about flooding?

Me and Acturbo will be out and about riding earlier in other areas not the trail, but will meet up with you at the lot by 2pm, so we can then head off to NCR trail.

20 hours ago, Joff said:

Joff we have the other gentlmans number but not yours. The 3 of us are meeting around 2. Will you be attending? Just don't want to leave without you.

6 hours ago, Acturbo said:

Joff we have the other gentlmans number but not yours.

I sent my number to Jason before we met up. I try to avoid posting my number were anyone could access it.  Thanks for comming out, it was fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello.  I'm a fairly new rider in Baltimore.  I just found the forum and this thread.  If anyone is organizing a ride in the area I'd love to join.  I haven't encountered too many EUCs here yet.  I live near Fed Hill.  One guy there told me he has one, and I met two guys on Ninebots down at the inner harbor a couple of weeks back.  

Yeah I don't see a lot of them around Baltimore. What kind ofwheel do ya have?  I'm in Gardenville off of Belair rd. I rode around the inner harbor in between stilt walking at the Light City event there earlier this year. 

All my weekends are booked up till mid November. I hcould meet during the week.  I'm not into riding with a large group, but I like to learn things. 

Nice work!  I'm just a month into this and I don't I could show you much about riding.  I'm learning fast and am pretty comfortable, but I think trying to flap wings would still distract me and upset my balance.  I've got a Glide 2 and Glide 3, went for the combo deal so I could learn on (and beat up) the smaller one.  I ride the Glide 3 most of the time now, but the small one is still fun and really easy to maneuver.  

I have a 1200 watt Kingsong 18ay which seemed like all the power I could need, until I got a 2000 watt Rockwheel GT16.  The wife and I both like the rockwheel better. I like the speed power and agility, she likes that it is easier to turn and balance. I have a 12" IPS 130 on order that I will chop up for a project, but it will be fun to see how we like a small wheel for a while before I do.

On 8/19/2018 at 5:51 PM, JBinBalt said:

Hello.  I'm a fairly new rider in Baltimore.  I just found the forum and this thread.  If anyone is organizing a ride in the area I'd love to join.  I haven't encountered too many EUCs here yet.  I live near Fed Hill.  One guy there told me he has one, and I met two guys on Ninebots down at the inner harbor a couple of weeks back.  

Hey, I ran into someone at the B Harbor maybe a couple months back who was on a ninebot. I was riding something else. We chatted for a bit then parted ways.

I am not in the region at the moment, so can’t commit to any group rides in the city. But later.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Biped Phil said:

Have youall been welcome to take your unicycle (as luggage) aboard the water taxi?

I never tried it! I doubt they have a rule against it. It's not like they need to worry about the risk of fire as much  as an aircraft needs to. 

• 4 months later...

To my fellow Baltimore riders, things have been getting organized down in DC.  Check out Glydiators on Facebook or the Meetup Group.  There are lot's of rides planned for the Spring.  We're also planning a Baltimore ride for May, to be announced soon.  It should be about 30ish miles, ridling largely on the Gywynn's Falls and Jones Falls trails, connecting through Pimlico on the North side and through the Inner Harbor on the South side.

Search Facebook for "Glydiators" for additional information, a web site is also coming soon.

Lastly, it was fun to finally run into another one of you guys down at the Inner Harbor this past weekend.  I pass through there several times weekly and this is only the second time I've spotted another wheel, the last time was June 2018.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, Elliott Reitz said:

Bump!  This thread is old AF yet I'm new to Baltimore area (Severn, near BWI).  Is there anyone else near me?

Yeah, this thread is old.  For DC/Balt information check out Glydiators.  Telegram, Facebook and Meetup links are here.  This is a very active group.
https://glydiators.com/contact-us/

Also, a number of the Baltimore ESK8 guys ride uni's, so that's worth a look and they ride twice weekly, but be prepared to stopped and charge with some short rangers ;-)  A lot of those guys ride Glydiator events also...

See you around!

• 8 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, Elliott Reitz said:

Bump!  This thread is old AF yet I'm new to Baltimore area (Severn, near BWI).  Is there anyone else near me?

I'm on the north east side of Baltimore city, Gardenville. 

• 2 months later...

I would be interested. I ride a mcm5 v2 an am based in Frederick MD. I'm like the only rider out here, only special skill is i can Kinda "Dance" on my wheel. please feel free to email me with questions/exchange contact info. Rwelker62@yahoo.com

• Like 1