Looking to get a new wheel

cdkee

Hi all,

About a month ago I bought a generic wheel from eBay. I didn't know anything about brands, motor power, battery levels, etc.  Luckily for me the 132kwh 350w wheel I bought had some basic safety features like tilt back on low battery so I didn't end up faceplanting or anything like that.   However, being a generic "knock-off", the tire came warped and eventually the unit stopped charging. When I opened it up I found that the battery pack was just sitting in the compartment, loose, and had split the wires coming from the charging port into the battery.

Luckily, the eBay seller I bought from was willing to me give me a full refund so I sent it back.

I'm now looking to get a well-made wheel with a bit more power and a larger pack. I'm particularly interested in the King Song 14c. So far from what I've read here and elsewhere it seems to be well made.  I'm trying to decide if there are any other wheels I should be considering.  The ninebot e+ looks really good too but it's a tad expensive and the lack of a traditional handle is a bit off-putting. Then again, it seems that it's the best in terms of longevity.

So I suppose my question is, which wheels would you recommend now that I know how to ride an EUC, and where would you recommend buying them?  The only place I can find that sells the King Song to the US is electricunicyclereviews.com. Has anyone bought from here? Is this a good price? Safe to use, etc?

Any other safe (bms cutoff) wheels/brands I should be considering?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

I ordered a 14C from electricunicyclereviews.com and so far I am pleased with the customer service.  Shortly after I ordered I learned that King Song would be modifying the 14C to allow for beeping volume control.  After messaging back and forth on this site, including getting more info from King Song, we delayed my order until the newer units come off the production line.  I should get it late August or early Sept.  I looked at the 800 watt King Song and the IPS 191.  Both look to be great machines, but I wanted to start off with a moderately priced value machine that had a reasonably wide tire.  Both of those criteria excluded the Ninebot.

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, Neale Gray said:

I wonder how big your disappointment will be after you get a chance to test a Milbay/KS 680Wh 800W, luckily the decision is easy now that the 16 inch has been released :)

Specs, images and preorder form for the 16 inch Rockstar are here http://www.milbay.com.au/SBV/MB16GTS

Pre order and save $200.00

@cdkee @John Eucist @esaj

@Neale Gray, that's like advertising in a non-ad section. Which I didn't find offensive but I wasn't happy to see how you put down cdkee's purchase decision. What makes you think he should be disappointed? Because you think the stuff you're selling is far superior? Not to forget you blatantly threw in your link too. That sucks big time!

I noticed Neale Gray has been posting his links all over the forum. Shouldn't he have to post his ads to the ads section if the thread had nothing to do with his products?

17 hours ago, playdad said:

@cdkee @John Eucist @esaj

@Neale Gray, that's like advertising in a non-ad section. Which I didn't find offensive but I wasn't happy to see how you put down cdkee's purchase decision. What makes you think he should be disappointed? Because you think the stuff you're selling is far superior? Not to forget you blatantly threw in your link too. That sucks big time!

I noticed Neale Gray has been posting his links all over the forum. Shouldn't he have to post his ads to the ads section if the thread had nothing to do with his products?

Hi, @playdad first I accept your criticism about using the add page. The link however was a response to the question posted being about available 16 inch wheels so I think it could be considered relevant as it provides images and specifications. The line that included the price and "pre order" I do agree with you :).

18 hours ago, playdad said:

I contacted Neale about the ads, and he promised from now on to place them only in the ad-section. Other than that, I personally do welcome resellers to partake in the discussions, as they usually know a lot about the wheels (especially the ones they sell ;)) and can give out technical specs and help with problems. For example, Jason McNeil and KaleosaurusRex have both been very active in the forums and done a lot to help people. Probably also sold a few wheels on the side, at least hopefully ;)

Archived