are there any fake gotway teslas?

Shad0z

i just dont want to be tricked and buy a clone tesla or fake on aliexpress there was one seller who set the brand to "kw wheel" and a little under where it said brand it said model: gotway tesla 

but it made me think is there a chance of there being fake teslas and what should i look out for if there are?

Never heard of any actually faked wheels.

What might happen is sketchy sellers mislabel cheap generic wheels with "Tesla" (or just do scammy SEO) in the hope that someone acidentally buys one.

Buy from a reputable seller. Rockwheel Store, Fashion and Travalling (I believe they are still good) are known sellers.

What's the Russian price (ecodrift maybe)? Higher?

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Never heard of any actually faked wheels.

What might happen is sketchy sellers mislabel cheap generic wheels with "Tesla" (or just do scammy SEO) in the hope that someone acidentally buys one.

Buy from a reputable seller. Rockwheel Store, Fashion and Travalling (I believe they are still good) are known sellers.

What's the Russian price (ecodrift maybe)? Higher?

i cant find it but do you think aliexpress is good? if i just look at the ratings and feedback

Clones of the old Airwheel X3 were pervasive among first-generation wheels a couple of years back, and fakes of the Ninebot Mini Pro (Segway-style two-wheeler) are pretty widespread as well. Sometimes Ali Express sellers use a different "Brand Name," but I haven't heard of a case where a wheel clearly identifiable as a King Song, Gotway, or Inmotion turned out to be anything other than genuine.

One thing to note, the Tesla in the listing appears to be a 67.2v/850wh, a marginally less powerful version of the 84 volt model most if not all forum members have reviewed and discussed. For that model, the price seems about right and not a red flag of a potential fake.

8 minutes ago, who_the said:

Clones of the old Airwheel X3 were pervasive among first-generation wheels a couple of years back, and fakes of the Ninebot Mini Pro (Segway-style two-wheeler) are pretty widespread as well. Sometimes Ali Express sellers use a different "Brand Name," but I haven't heard of a case where a wheel clearly identifiable as a King Song, Gotway, or Inmotion turned out to be anything other than genuine.

One thing to note, the Tesla in the listing appears to be a 67.2v/850wh, a marginally less powerful version of the 84 volt model most if not all forum members have reviewed and discussed. For that model, the price seems about right and not a red flag of a potential fake.

oh i didnt realize it was only 67v thank you for pointing that out ;)  i actually have a clone ninebot mini pro but its exactly the same its more alike the real deal but with other app

i have tried to compare no noticeable difference other than at the latest firmware the ninebot original beeps when accelerating too fast (very unessesary)

where does it say its 67,2v???

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

it looks fine to me.. 

5a18931db5253_FreshPaint-2017_11.24-10_44_21.jpg.60eccbf75f034a2cb54b9fe78f1e3fd8.jpg

WP_20171124_22_42_55_Pro_LI (2).jpg

The brand name KWHEEL the wattage: >500w and the voltage:2000W do not make sense to me.  But it could just be a bad translation.  @master255  used to know of a shop in Russia that sold wheels, but he hasn't been on the forum since August.  If you search his posts, you should find more information.

1 hour ago, who_the said:

I'm sorry, my mistake, I mistook it for the 680wh version, which is definitely 67.2v. The 850wh is indeed 84v.

oh ok phew "money situation"

53 minutes ago, steve454 said:

The brand name KWHEEL the wattage: >500w and the voltage:2000W do not make sense to me.  But it could just be a bad translation.  @master255  used to know of a shop in Russia that sold wheels, but he hasn't been on the forum since August.  If you search his posts, you should find more information.

ok ;)

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looks like a real Tesla, the seller just didn't fill out the info very well.

850Wh is 84V, but there's a 820Wh 67.2V variant, too, just for information.

ok thanks i could easily have bought a 820 by mistake

Archived