Ninebot ONE S2 - Problem

Neo

Hi there guys,

My ONE S2 started leaning forward or backwards (short lean with a beep) when I try to ride it backwards. After trying a couple of times more... The device completely went nuts, and every time when I switch it ON, I have constant beeps followed by short bursts of jumps. I've manage to fix that by using the Handle calibration within the APP. 

The problem I'm having now, is that everytime when I change directions the device does a beep followed by a lean forward or backward. I did manual calibration several times, but that did not fix the issue. I disconnected the battery cables and discharged the control board, still nothing... I've also noticed that if I do the app sensor calibration, the LED lights get stuck (shows only 3x greenish LED lights on both sides) and need a complete restart of the device in order to bring it back to normal.. The instructions from the app says that it will take 3 sec 2x times, but that does not happen... the calibration goes instantly. Which leads me to belive that it does not work at all from within the app.

This is a new control board 3 months old. I did not do any tricks of sort, or drop the device on the ground rapidly in order to have this issues appear... I've been riding it safely for the most part.

The obvious solution here, will be to replace the control board (again). But I'm reaching out to you guys, in hope that you might have some other possible fix for my issue.

Thank you for your time, appreciated.

http://eu-en.segway.com/support-faq#faq_12  It's the 12th or 13th question from the top. Was the manual  calibration you did the same as this one, where you pick the wheel off the ground and hold the power button?    Not sure if I remember correctly, but there was one wheel that you lay it on it's side and press the power button to reset it.  Might have been Inmotion V5F.  Sorry, I googled ninebot s2 reset and didn't find anything.  If I find anything I will post it.

Hey there Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I've done the calibration the same way, but I'm using 2 chairs since I do not have small boxes or stuff like that here. I even did it on the ground after the wheel stop spinning, but that still did not fix the issue :( I will try puting it on one side, and see what will happen then.

The previous time when I had to change the control board, Ninebot made a video for me to show me how calibration is done for the ONE S2 :) Here is the link: 

I'll try to make it acouple of times more... But I doubt this will fix the issue I'm having.

I actually manage to fix it (in a way).

It seems to be an issue from the APP (a bug). Took some time to figure it out :) 

My issues begin with the handle at first, because the motor did not stop after lifting the vehicle upwards. After several handle calibrations (from within the app), the handle start working again. So I figured, that this might be the issue... I turned off the "Lift Stop" option from the app, and the problem was gone. I turn it back ON and the same issue appear right away! In other words - There seems to be a bug in the app, that thinks when I change directions I'm actually lifting up the vehicle, and that's why the gyro and motor stops... While this is pretty much inconvenient for me, as I have to turn off the device each time I need to lift it up from the ground... At least, now I can use my ONE S2 and do not change the control board at all. 

I'll do some tests later today, and see if I'm 100% right about it. I will also report this bug to Ninebot and SEGWAY.

If some one have the same issue as me, I hope this post help them out :)

12 hours ago, Neo said:

I actually manage to fix it (in a way).

It seems to be an issue from the APP (a bug). Took some time to figure it out :) 

My issues begin with the handle at first, because the motor did not stop after lifting the vehicle upwards. After several handle calibrations (from within the app), the handle start working again. So I figured, that this might be the issue... I turned off the "Lift Stop" option from the app, and the problem was gone. I turn it back ON and the same issue appear right away! In other words - There seems to be a bug in the app, that thinks when I change directions I'm actually lifting up the vehicle, and that's why the gyro and motor stops... While this is pretty much inconvenient for me, as I have to turn off the device each time I need to lift it up from the ground... At least, now I can use my ONE S2 and do not change the control board at all. 

I'll do some tests later today, and see if I'm 100% right about it. I will also report this bug to Ninebot and SEGWAY.

If some one have the same issue as me, I hope this post help them out :)

How are you going to report it, by using the blackbox function in the app?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2017 at 11:07 AM, Neo said:

There seems to be a bug in the app, that thinks when I change directions I'm actually lifting up the vehicle, and that's why the gyro and motor stops...

I would say it's still a problem with the wheel, either the control board or the handle, just that it only appears in a certain setting which you can turn on or off with the app. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

@steve454 I've reported the bug directly to Segway service :) They passed that info directly to the technical team! 

There was an update to the app several days ago, and that fixed the issue completely. It was a quick fix, I gotta give them that. Considering the fact that they had 7 days national holiday recently :) 

After the update I noticed that the problem appeared less frequently. Then I re-calibrate the handle bar and restarted the app/device. Now the problem is gone!

19 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

EUC manufacturers quickly and competently reacting to feedback, fixing stuff, and having customer service????!!! What has the world come to! :efee8319ab:

SEGWAY EU Service & Ninebot have been very responsive and helpful to me :) 

And I did read a lot of complains from other people with regards to those kind of things... But from my own experience, they have been great!

p.s. Keep in mind that I had to contact them several times (for different things) and not just once!

• 1 month later...
On ‎22‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Neo said:

SEGWAY EU Service & Ninebot have been very responsive and helpful to me :) 

And I did read a lot of complains from other people with regards to those kind of things... But from my own experience, they have been great!

p.s. Keep in mind that I had to contact them several times (for different things) and not just once!

Segway Amsterdam is nice and quick replying. I can confirm that.

Archived