M Super V2

Jan

I found this Forum after upgrading from my first wheel (Airwheel X8) to a M super V2 but haven't really been able to find a thread dealing with this particular wheel, so I figured I might as well start a thread for it...

The first reason I ended up here was trying to find an app that would allow me to connect to the wheel.

The only one that worked so far was the gotway4.00-beta.apk kindly send to me by Dion from myfunwheel - once again a huge thanks for that!

I'm still trying to figure out if there is any way to connect to an iphone as well, but haven't been successful so far.

However, I would think that I am not the only person still using this "older" wheel and would like to share tipps and experiences with it here - let's see what happens.

Cheers

Jan

Even people with brand new Gotway wheels have difficulties with the iPhone. I recommend to those people that they buy an inexpensive ($30) Android phone (that you don't activate) and use that for controlling and monitoring your wheel.

I know that there are plenty of people here that either used to own the MSuper V2 or currently do. There probably won't be a lot of discussion since it's such an old wheel, but if you have specific questions you can probably get good answers.

I don't think MSuper V2 works with iPhone (at all), but could be wrong... MSuper V2 uses the older Bluetooth 2 protocol/chips, whereas the newer wheels use Bluetooth 4 ("LE" or Low Energy), and I'm not sure if (at least newer) iPhones allow connecting to BT 2.0 devices at all. At least the LE protocol stack is completely different from what was used with BT 2.

Yep, thats what Ilya also said - he tried to connect Darknessbot to a V2 and it doesn't work, in the meantime I did what Marty said and am using the old Android app on a cheap phone...

2 minutes ago, Jan said:

Yep, thats what Ilya also said - he tried to connect Darknessbot to a V2 and it doesn't work, in the meantime I did what Marty said and am using the old Android app on a cheap phone...

Yip,its a known fact...V2 does not work on newer app/phone versions 

Archived