Who in here has scratched their bot badly?!

contentryder

I want to see! Had my E+ for 4 days now and I made quite a few scratches. Learned how to ride within the first hour. Learned how to jump and ride off bumps too. Only rode it for 25 miles now around the neighborhood and the park. Trying to learn how to go in reverse now. Haven't fallen yet but the bot has many times!

20150806_225952.jpg20150806_225923.jpg20150806_230123.jpg20150806_230105.jpg20150806_230041.jpg

During the first few days I thought it was a good idea to ride the bot inside the house balancing off the walls. That worked pretty well until I tried to 180 on the spot (holding the wall and trying to push the bot with force in the desired direction), well that went bad I somehow lost balance and fell, with the bot flying off into a wooden cupboard at the end of the room :blink: That left a scratch on the cupboard and another on on the bot. 

I painted the cupboard already but the scar on the bot is still there

IMG20150807074535.jpg

Its normal to get scratches, yes but the porcelain finish of the 9bot makes every scratch look even worse. If it would be bland black plastic It wouldnt irk me as much. But then I probably would not have gotten a 9B1 :rolleyes:

During the first few days I thought it was a good idea to ride the bot inside the house balancing off the walls. That worked pretty well until I tried to 180 on the spot (holding the wall and trying to push the bot with force in the desired direction), well that went bad I somehow lost balance and fell, with the bot flying off into a wooden cupboard at the end of the room :blink: That left a scratch on the cupboard and another on on the bot. 

I painted the cupboard already but the scar on the bot is still there

I'm guessing the scarred cupboard is due to the aggressive sharp turns?

Its normal to get scratches, yes but the porcelain finish of the 9bot makes every scratch look even worse. If it would be bland black plastic It wouldnt irk me as much. But then I probably would not have gotten a 9B1 :rolleyes:

Maybe try bondo'ing it with a filler or fiberglass material then repaint it matt black? :D

I have scratches as well.  I figured that if they still bother me after I get good then I might sand them smooth, fill the pits and paint the 9B1.  I'm thinking I would paint it red in the center part and black rings (to match the colors of my car).

At least from a distance a scratched 9B1 still looks pretty good.

A few scratches are no big deal. From a distance you can't really tell on wheels where the case is solid color all the way through. My 14-inch wheel is painted blue but the plastic is white, which is much worse for showing damage. It's got plenty of damage since I learned on it!

Scratched doesn't even begin to describe mine.  I gave up all delusions that I would somehow maintain a scuff-free unit before it even arrived.

Besides, it's not about having a clean unit, it's about PICKING UP CHICKS! ... jk... It's about the convenience and fun factor!

I'll order some new plastic and pedals once crashing becomes few and far between.

unnamed.jpg

wow, thats definitely "pre-loved" :lol:

So far I can confirm, its a chick magnet.

But I havent been exactly able to "pick up" chicks, with two people on those pedals it gets kinda crammed. ;) But it works very well if she knows how to rollerblade beside you. B)

I did most of my early learning (falling) on a rented Airwheel so I've only got a few scratches and some road rash on my 9B1, but nothing too bad.  I always kept meaning to put more foam on, but the colors I got were road-work yellow and my little pony pink and I could never find the motivation to put them on.  Not sure why not.  I just rode slow and easy for a long time.  In fact, I still ride slow and easy.

You get it everywhere they sell something with unicycles. Amazon, passiongadgets, every reseller probably has it stocked too. Prices slightly vary, but depending where you live it could well be that the shipping is more expensive than the tape itself:

http://www.passiongadgets.com/rubber-bumper-protection-for-crash-anti-scratches-prevent.html

You get it everywhere they sell something with unicycles. Amazon, passiongadgets, every reseller probably has it stocked too. Prices slightly vary, but depending where you live it could well be that the shipping is more expensive than the tape itself:

http://www.passiongadgets.com/rubber-bumper-protection-for-crash-anti-scratches-prevent.html

Thanks! Knowing the correct name was very helpful. It looks like the best deal is on Ebay ($6 with free shipping!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Unicycle-One-Wheel-Solo-Rider-bumper-stripe-Solo-Wheel-protective-strip-/321831400868?hash=item4aeea575a4

Archived