This Forum is Creeping into my life in Real ways

Stan Onymous

Okay, how many of you read something on this forum, think "wow, that hasnt happened to me" then the next day right on cue...

Yesterday I had a run in with almost every animal except for a horse. Bunnies cut me off, a squirrel tried to drag race me and cheated by cutting infront of my tire, making me slow down, but I wouldve had him beat. A cat wanted me to follow him too, but I gave up after thinking about the squirrel incident. ???

then I was making my way from the river trail to the park trail when a couple of Pit bulls noticed how fun it would be to chase a high pitched humming wheel and pursued me to the protests of their owner as I raced into a sandy horse tunnel that makes it under the freeway and into the park. It wasnt till I was nearly a mile away that it dawned on me that one of the pitbulls may have been a stray I knew named Pancakes, but I was glad to leave that an unanswered question til later. ??

on the forum topic of Drivers responses, I had a guy pace me on Glendale blvd giving me the thumbs up all the way to his freeway entrance. Countless people have forgotten that they have turn signals on their cars and have prefered to tell me in person by rolling down their window and saying "you go ahead, I am turning there". More later...◀️▶️⬅️↖️↘️↗️⏪⏯

On 9/1/2017 at 2:11 PM, Stan Onymous said:

Okay, how many of you read something on this forum, think "wow, that hasnt happened to me" then the next day right on cue...

Yesterday I had a run in with almost every animal except for a horse. Bunnies cut me off, a squirrel tried to drag race me and cheated by cutting infront of my tire, making me slow down, but I wouldve had him beat. A cat wanted me to follow him too, but I gave up after thinking about the squirrel incident. ???

then I was making my way from the river trail to the park trail when a couple of Pit bulls noticed how fun it would be to chase a high pitched humming wheel and pursued me to the protests of their owner as I raced into a sandy horse tunnel that makes it under the freeway and into the park. It wasnt till I was nearly a mile away that it dawned on me that one of the pitbulls may have been a stray I knew named Pancakes, but I was glad to leave that an unanswered question til later. ??

on the forum topic of Drivers responses, I had a guy pace me on Glendale blvd giving me the thumbs up all the way to his freeway entrance. Countless people have forgotten that they have turn signals on their cars and have prefered to tell me in person by rolling down their window and saying "you go ahead, I am turning there". More later...◀️▶️⬅️↖️↘️↗️⏪⏯

It doesn't happen often, only a few times to me, including one recently, where a person in their car/truck will just about stop and stick their phone out the window and take a movie of you as they pass. Like they just spotted a rare animal or UFO :D

Well the Forum continues in unsettling ways...

I said something about why would people use their feet for mobility without a wheel, and called them Hapless. Yesterday I ran about 6k and 2k with of all thing, gulp wearing my helmet to run 11km/h. Oh will the self imposed hypocrisy never end?

today had the pedals tilting too far back on the KS14c, and lo and behold, there is a post on calibrating your wheel in the Kingsong specific forum that I had read about a day earlier.

p.s. The dogs were not Pancakes and a friend, but two completely different beasts. We exchanged a pat on the head and a lick on my wrist gaurd. Their owner extended a glare.

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

just in case I run into a supermodel orgy.

Knowing your luck you'll bump into Janice Dickinson and Jean Shrimpton, or if you're really lucky Felicity Kendal.

Archived