Electric unicycle vs bicycle - round 1: commuting (to work)

Justina

@Justina, great video. For me the biggest problem with the bike was where to keep it. The only place that wasn't in the way was in the shed at the bottom of the garden where it soon got buried under the lawn mower, spades, flowerpots etc.etc. It soon became too much trouble to dig it out.

The EUC, on the other hand sits comfortably by the front door and is not in anyone's way. It is the most natural thing in the world to just grab it and go, instead of using my car which now does less than 2000 miles a year.

P.S. strangely enough the only ones who shout out that I'm being lazy using an electric wheel are always in cars!

Edited by Keith
  • Upvote 2

I completely get the part where the guy sits down at his desk exhausted... And he doesn't live in FL and have to go have a wash down and change his clothes before he starts work. But to all the other arguments I present this photo. Quite possible the most convenient and awesome bike ever made. A Brompton...and yes that is my V8 next to it. I'm learning to ride, hence all the padding. The Brompton goes in the closet at home. Under my desk at work. In the store when I shop (has a shopping trolley mode). You can even get them with electric motors which I considered before I got my V8. But adding a motor and battery pack made a portable bike too heavy and I wanted to keep the bike manual only. Like the V8, the Brompton is a blast to ride and attracts a lot of attention.

WP_20170721_07_50_10_Pro.jpg

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I completely get the part where the guy sits down at his desk exhausted... And he doesn't live in FL and have to go have a wash down and change his clothes before he starts work. But to all the other arguments I present this photo. Quite possible the most convenient and awesome bike ever made. A Brompton...and yes that is my V8 next to it. I'm learning to ride, hence all the padding. The Brompton goes in the closet at home. Under my desk at work. In the store when I shop (has a shopping trolley mode). You can even get them with electric motors which I considered before I got my V8. But adding a motor and battery pack made a portable bike too heavy and I wanted to keep the bike manual only. Like the V8, the Brompton is a blast to ride and attracts a lot of attention.

WP_20170721_07_50_10_Pro.jpg

When I used to ride my brompton in NYC, no one cared.  I think they would be amazed when you fold it, I was and it is he only reason I bought mine.  

• Upvote 1