Replacing motor connecting cables

Hey fellow riders, I have an issue regarding my wheel, and would it be possible to replace or change the connector to the control board? A pin has jogged loose and I thought it may be better to replace both male and female connectors but will this affect the delicate functions of the wheel? Any help would be appreciated thanks 

1 hour ago, Steven Dilema Louis said:

Hey fellow riders, I have an issue regarding my wheel, and would it be possible to replace or change the connector to the control board? A pin has jogged loose and I thought it may be better to replace both male and female connectors but will this affect the delicate functions of the wheel? Any help would be appreciated thanks 

If you solder/crimp it correctly, it should work out fine! Of course you will loose any warranty, if still applicable.

if it is "just" a signal wire it could be that it does not need to be redone, if it still hase a secure contact - a bit higher contact resistance could maybe not matter?! If its for example just the speaker or led connector i would not mess around the motherboard and live with some crackling/flickering - but that's up to which connector this is, your experience and skill level.

3 hours ago, Steven Dilema Louis said:

Can you please provide some additional information regarding the loose pin. What wheel do you have? Photo of the connector and mainboard you are referencing. There are so many different types of connectors.  The forum members can help but we just need a bit more info. 

Hey thanks for getting back to me ok so firstly it's a ninebot one e plus, I've had it a couple years, replaced a broken motherboard once and both inner shells so I've stripped it down a fair bit, I've never ventured into the motor as no need, the connector in question is the motor to motherboard plug, and one of the pins motor side had broken off, since then I've purchased a new male female locking line socket 9 pin, and have removed the motor connector revealing the bare 9 cables, but to the mother board has only 8 cables physically attached to the naked eye, to the motherboard, I imagine once I remove the female connecting plug on the motherboard I shall see where this extra cable is connected, and any further advice would be greatly appreciated 

52 minutes ago, Steven Dilema Louis said:

... the connector in question is the motor to motherboard plug, and one of the pins motor side had broken off, since then I've purchased a new male female locking line socket 9 pin, and have removed the motor connector revealing the bare 9 cables, but to the mother board has only 8 cables physically attached to the naked eye, to the motherboard, I imagine once I remove the female connecting plug on the motherboard I shall see where this extra cable is connected, and any further advice would be greatly appreciated 

From the pictures in the internet the cable coming from the motor consists of 3 thick wires directly soldered to the motherboard and ~5 (not really to be seen on the photos) thin wires attached by a connector  to the board. These 5 wires are from the hall sensors and important for operation - every contact failure will stop the wheel or make it go crazy.

edit: hard to give an advice - if you make it right everythings fine, if you mess it up .... it's your decission! Anyhow - if this connector has a broken pin, it has to be repaired!

Yes it has to be replaced, I don't think I will have a problem with reconnecting, but I have noticed a potential issue, you are quite right with the amount of cables, 3 large 5 small all connected to the motherboard, but there are 9 pins, there is an extra white cable coming from the motor side, I'm hoping it's also connected to the small yellow wire, but I'll be sure once I remove the motherboard connector housing. And I think I already know the answer to this question, but as I've bought an 8 pin connector, would it be an issue directly connecting the rouge white cable to corresponding wire? Yea yea I know what I should really do ?

OK well as a conclusion and possibly self obituary, I managed to directly connect the coloured cables to the corresponding, and put everything back together, turned it on and...... Everything worked fine, only so far done an intensive house check, but will be going out later for a real test, so just for continuity the white cable seemed to be a phantom not connected to anything, and I just used a 5amp terminal strip and insulated them Individually, through all this mini project the machine had made a few funny noises, action scenes and smells but it's one tough bot, keep you informed (hopefully ?) on any changes 

Well had a little road test yesterday and all went very well want maybe a more vigorous test jumping up and down kerbs, I thumped it several times on the motherboard side to simulate falling and still all good, a longer test later is in order. I did take pics and videos of all the steps of anyone else has any issues can easily follow

Archived