Electric Unicycle Terminology

esaj

On 10/27/2022 at 11:07 AM, MetricUSA said:

Good God an euc is an EBIKE it sure is not a car or a motorcycle!!! And should be class 3 ebike!!! Bikes can have one, two, three, or four wheels... 

Now that we have suspension... We have to include SAG... Equipment sag, and rider sag!!!

Compression.... 

https://youtu.be/B6FHiTPu1A0

Bike: isn’t that shortened form of bicycle? As in bi(2)-cycle? No need to answer, just a note. I do agree with your classification though, notwithstanding my reservations concerning nomenclature.

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Wheelwoman said:

I truly do believe “Wheeling” lies somewhere between the esoteric realms of flying and skiing

I don't disagree as it goes, especially if we are talking about ride feeling :) Something about the swooping and the gliding, and the 'go where I'm thinking'... It's just that's a lot of words to get out when someone shouts 'what's that ?!' at you in the 2 seconds it takes you to leave them behind !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I shouldn't have read this thread just before bed. Some random thoughts, some of which seemed amusing while half asleep (but now I have doubts):

• Earth Glider
  • Trackless Rollercoaster
  • Standing-O
  • Pencil Pusher
  • Upright Patient Transport
  • Stand-and-Deliver
  • Zipper
  • Boomer Zoomer
  • Veloci-rotor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, eucandoit said:

How you call the euc riders? Since its a special vehicle, i think we shoul have a specific name. For example, pilot, director, wheeler, eucist may be proposed. 

I think (EUC) "Rider/Riders" is most commonly used.

We do also have Racers now.

Edited by xiiijojjo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 12/5/2015 at 9:38 AM, esaj said:

Hmm, is "tyre" vs. "tire" some  UK vs. US -English difference again, like "colour" and "color"? ;)  

Possibly, but I think we should use tyre regardless, which means only the thing it describes, as opposed to tire which primarily means something else entirely (no pun intended) of course. Although we are not likely to confuse weariness with rubber in most discussions on the subject, seems mad not to use the version of the word that isn't ambiguous... and would be more useful in keyword-related searches I would bet.

Edited by Cerbera