New to KingSong with a 14c.

LanghamP

I bought it before reading about all the broken axles. I weight 100kg. Oops. Hopefully that won't happen to me.

If I'm reading this right, the KS14c has nearly double the range of my Inmotion V5 and a few miles per hour faster top speed.

I weigh about the same and am riding the same 840wh 14c. I got it as a beginner wheel. I figure I'll ride until the axle breaks and then upgrade. I've heard talk of some having better axles than others, hopefully these are those :D

Just be sure to check the space between the axle pillar and the wheel, motor paying attention to the left side.

If you see it is less STOP riding and get after sale warranty.

I must say I am well pleased with my new motor, wheel and mother board and have carefully measured spacing and will post updates.

It would seem to make sense that any jumping, curb hopping and rough bumpy off road will stress the axle at the junction MUCH more that normal riding.....

ukj

I got the same wheel but as a long time underpowered EUC rider, I respected the 14C so much that I called her "the beast". She's not for beginners cause she has a little temper. Hell, she didn't even come with any training wheels. So handle her gently with care please.

5 minutes ago, Philip W said:

I got the same wheel but as a long time underpowered EUC rider, I respected the 14C so much that I called her "the beast". She's not for beginners cause she has a little temper. Hell, she didn't even come with any training wheels. So handle her gently with care please.

Now he tells me :roflmao:

With a sample size all of two, I think 14 inch wheels are all pretty scary at speed. Bumps that I barely notice on a bicycle feel like they're going to kill me on this and the V5.

The extra speed is nice. Realistic cruising speed on the V5 F+ is about 13 mph but the 14c I think it's between 14-17. Fast enough to be scary, and I'm not hitting (post speed unlock) any of the beeps (24/26/28).

20 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

With a sample size all of two, I think 14 inch wheels are all pretty scary at speed. Bumps that I barely notice on a bicycle feel like they're going to kill me on this and the V5.

The extra speed is nice. Realistic cruising speed on the V5 F+ is about 13 mph but the 14c I think it's between 14-17. Fast enough to be scary, and I'm not hitting (post speed unlock) any of the beeps (24/26/28).

14 inch wheel is much less scarier than those hooverboards, long boards, and roller skates. The EUC is very forgiving for the road defects. When I see a flat ground with no potholes, I can comfortably go 20-23 km/h, and enjoy the bliss that regular EUC cannot bring me. When the road condition is spotty of course I will slow down to 12-15, just to be safe. I ran the Kingsong over grass, bumps, thresholds. Not much of problem. The beast easily overcome all the obstacles. Except potholes, I will never run my EUC over a pothole ever again!

In the end, the awesome power is there, how you use it is your choice.

There's something odd about the pedals that I can't figure out. I suspect the pedals are flexing somehow on the small bumps, and at first I thought it was just the sidewall of the tire but after a while I realized that the chassis or the pedals is flexing.

I'm unsure if this is a design or if I'm just too heavy. I've looked at the pedals and they do seem to be designed kinda odd.

Are these strange pedals something I should be worried about at 100kg?

Could remember wrong, but I think at some point KS stopped putting the ports in the shells, maybe an issue with water getting in? The mainboards could have the connectors still.

3 hours ago, Maximus said:

I don't think our version (840Wh) has the USB port (which is probably obvious now) :P...

If you had the USB port then I'm sure you could discharge your errant wheel pretty quickly.

Is it still being pig-headed?

4 hours ago, LanghamP said:

If you had the USB port then I'm sure you could discharge your errant wheel pretty quickly.

Is it still being pig-headed?

Yup, it's brutal...still won't turn on.  It's nice (heavy) $500 bluetooth speaker though :facepalm:

Archived