KS16S Serial Number Issue

Trucktent

16 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

Hi Truckent. I am facing the very same issue. I am not even able to pm you here. 

Can you please pm me ? 

I really reached out to many people but no one could help me...

10 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

Hello. Can you please help me too? 

@Csch1986 was in this forum the last time in september 2018 - so most probably he will never see this...

10 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

I am facing the exact same issue....

Please pm me as I am not able to... 

The app is now freely available under ios. (One just needs an legit account :( )

Take a look at my answer here: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 6:50 AM, yakouza said:

Hello,

After +3000km, today my wheel started to have 4 red light on each side and beeping....I used kingsong app and i had "no serial number" error.

Anybody know where I can download the other kingsong app correcting this issue?

Many thanks!!!

On 3/20/2017 at 12:01 AM, Trucktent said:

First of first of all thanks to user May for the contact email for KingSong support.  flora@szkingsong.com was the support contact for KingSong. This contact is not listed anywhere I could find. All communications was in English over the WeChat app. Flora's English is better than mine. She should write the user manual.

I was sent an android app and instructions in word format. The app is in Chineese. Thankfully the instructions are in English. Flora stated the iPhone app is buggy and that they are working on it. 

Screenshot of the app.

.Screenshot_20170319-183551.thumb.png.24f31122bab342639b2b30c068cad377.png

The line starting with KS16... is the serial number field. You want to change this to match the serial number sticker on the peddles of your wheel. 

I can't read Chineese but it looks like you can change more than the serial number field. 

Screenshot of the instructions.

Screenshot_20170319-230625.thumb.png.114db5b2f524a905c108b1a636b1c63d.png

Screenshot_20170319-230655.thumb.png.35bc495a3fdb2a93a17cd6d9c848996b.png

Screenshot_20170319-230716.thumb.png.01ebf00e49c9b152810c61695a62853b.png

The app searches for and connects to the wheel. You must connect through the app. Just follow step one instructions. 

I have not been asked by KingSong to keep the app private. The fix is being pushed out to affected distributors to send to those needing it. Hopefully it is a small number. I don't know if the app can override speed settings to stupid levels or cause it to brick so I am reluctant to be responsible for the wide distribution of it. 

What is the application name for serial number issur?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...