KS16S Serial Number Issue

Trucktent

I just recieved a new KS16S.  It seems that the factory is shipping a number of these out without a serial number assigned. When I turn it on I get 4 lights and continous beeping. I am able to connect via the app. I can change settings but no serial number is displayed. I am afraid of riding it when the software is in an error state. 

Jason at EWheels is looking for a factory fix for the issue. I have contacted KingSong through the KingSong support page and any English language email addresses I could find. No response yet.  Don't bother calling the KingSong 803 area code support number in the app, it rings to some clueless guy in South Corolina. 

If anyone has resolved the serial number issue please share how it was done. I will provide an update when I get this fixed. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Trucktent said:

I just recieved a new KS16S.  It seems that the factory is shipping a number of these out without a serial number assigned. When I turn it on I get 4 lights and continous beeping. I am able to connect via the app. I can change settings but no serial number is displayed. I am afraid of riding it when the software is in an error state. 

Jason at EWheels is looking for a factory fix for the issue. I have contacted KingSong through the KingSong support page and any English language email addresses I could find. No response yet.  Don't bother calling the KingSong 803 area code support number in the app, it rings to some clueless guy in South Corolina. 

If anyone has resolved the serial number issue please share how it was done. I will provide an update when I get this fixed. 

image.jpeg

That's strange, hope you can tell us what the issue was soon.

There was another guy here having that problem...

he then received a "internal" KS app, to set the number...

dont worry...will be fixed then!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2

AFAIK the problem with 4 leds was solved by user "may" thanks to the fact that he was from China, and that the specific application used for assigning serial number was in Chinese language. I have asked for the details of the solution but apparently Kingsong asked to keep the solution details non-public. As the problem appears to exist in units which reached USA, technical department in Kingsong will have to provide you with some kind of solution, maybe simple step by step instruction what to press to get into the serial number assign window. For sure this problem can be solved without shipping back the wheel to the production/service. You have to contact Kingsong directly and ask for help.

First of first of all thanks to user May for the contact email for KingSong support.  flora@szkingsong.com was the support contact for KingSong. This contact is not listed anywhere I could find. All communications was in English over the WeChat app. Flora's English is better than mine. She should write the user manual.

I was sent an android app and instructions in word format. The app is in Chineese. Thankfully the instructions are in English. Flora stated the iPhone app is buggy and that they are working on it. 

Screenshot of the app.

.Screenshot_20170319-183551.thumb.png.24f31122bab342639b2b30c068cad377.png

The line starting with KS16... is the serial number field. You want to change this to match the serial number sticker on the peddles of your wheel. 

I can't read Chineese but it looks like you can change more than the serial number field. 

Screenshot of the instructions.

Screenshot_20170319-230625.thumb.png.114db5b2f524a905c108b1a636b1c63d.png

Screenshot_20170319-230655.thumb.png.35bc495a3fdb2a93a17cd6d9c848996b.png

Screenshot_20170319-230716.thumb.png.01ebf00e49c9b152810c61695a62853b.png

The app searches for and connects to the wheel. You must connect through the app. Just follow step one instructions. 

I have not been asked by KingSong to keep the app private. The fix is being pushed out to affected distributors to send to those needing it. Hopefully it is a small number. I don't know if the app can override speed settings to stupid levels or cause it to brick so I am reluctant to be responsible for the wide distribution of it. 

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Claudio Haddad said:

What is the name of the APP to put serial number in Kingsong?

I would upload it for you into the download section of the forum from my PC, but I don't know how to do that.

It is quite clumsy to download it from the Paidu Website, if you cannot read chinese.

@Claudio Haddad

I copied it to my dropbox meanwhile, use this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvkdzadh8t3kna3/20170905_KingsongAndroidAPP.apk?dl=0

After it is installed, make sure you are still connected to the net, when you call the app, because it will first be chinese.

It will pop up a window, where it asks you if you agree with a download, there you must press the right of the 2 (chinese) buttons.

This downloads either a language pack or a newer version of the app, at least it is in english then.

Edited by Asylsteirer
Added dropbox link

• 4 months later...

Hello all,

I encountered the same problem. I just bought myself a KS-16 and after riding for only 100km encountered a missing serial number issue. After googling for a bit, I found this forum and an apparent solution.

I contacted flora@szkingsong.com by email, but no response so far. If someone could provide me with a working link to the app to put serial number back in, I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you.

IMG_20180202_194208.jpg

Screenshot_2018-02-02-19-42-47-019_com.cnaite.kingsong.png

Screenshot_2018-02-02-19-43-32-400_com.cnaite.kingsong.png

On 2018/2/3 at 4:41 AM, Polifem said:

Hello all,

I encountered the same problem. I just bought myself a KS-16 and after riding for only 100km encountered a missing serial number issue. After googling for a bit, I found this forum and an apparent solution.

I contacted flora@szkingsong.com by email, but no response so far. If someone could provide me with a working link to the app to put serial number back in, I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you

Hi, replied your email with solution to solve the problem. Pls kindly check the email.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2017 at 8:30 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

I would upload it for you into the download section of the forum from my PC, but I don't know how to do that.

It is quite clumsy to download it from the Paidu Website, if you cannot read chinese.

@Claudio Haddad

I copied it to my dropbox meanwhile, use this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvkdzadh8t3kna3/20170905_KingsongAndroidAPP.apk?dl=0

After it is installed, make sure you are still connected to the net, when you call the app, because it will first be chinese.

It will pop up a window, where it asks you if you agree with a download, there you must press the right of the 2 (chinese) buttons.

This downloads either a language pack or a newer version of the app, at least it is in english then.

Could you send me the app, the  link seems to be death, greetings from Belgium