KS16S Serial Number Issue

Trucktent

I purchased a KS16S through ewheels in late June/early May and am having this same serial number problem.  I have written Jason at ewheels, and he sent me the app, but minimal instructions.  I have gone through the process of pairing, updating the SN, clicking the two unknown buttons and gotten nothing in terms of an updated SN.  Anyone have any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Jeriff said:

Hey Guys 

Same problem here i need this app can send me pleace the link or pn me pleace i dont want to walk

Greetings and pre-thanks

Get to your seller!!! He might send you this "Special engeneer app" and instructions!

Edited by US69

On 6/25/2018 at 9:43 PM, DAJONES said:

I purchased a KS16S through ewheels in late June/early May and am having this same serial number problem.  I have written Jason at ewheels, and he sent me the app, but minimal instructions.  I have gone through the process of pairing, updating the SN, clicking the two unknown buttons and gotten nothing in terms of an updated SN.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I gotta say, ewheels really came through for me on this.  After sending me step-by-step instructions, with pictures, I still couldn't get my wheel to reprogram.  Ewheels sent me a return postage FedEx label, fixed the issue the day they got it, and shipped it back the next day.  It took a week round trip, which was awesome.  Now my wheel has the correct serial number, updated firmware, and speed unlocked.  Thanks Nick and Jason.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DAJONES said:

I gotta say, ewheels really came through for me on this.  After sending me step-by-step instructions, with pictures, I still couldn't get my wheel to reprogram.  Ewheels sent me a return postage FedEx label, fixed the issue the day they got it, and shipped it back the next day.  It took a week round trip, which was awesome.  Now my wheel has the correct serial number, updated firmware, and speed unlocked.  Thanks Nick and Jason.

By any chance, do you still have the app and instructions, and could you send to me? 

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2018 at 5:03 PM, Luk667 said:

@Trucktent, as mentioned this seems to be the regular old KS app, can you share by any chance the app to change the serial number?

You can find it here: http://t.me/kingsong14m

I have not tried, and don't know it works or not. If it is for the ks-14M make sure that you really need to change the serial number first. There is alot of info on the Russian forum. 

I am not responsible for any demage to your wheel or anything else cause by this change. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, Pedro said:

I have not tried, and don't know it works or not. If it is for the ks-14M make sure that you really need to change the serial number first. There is alot of info on the Russian forum. 

I am not responsible for any demage to your wheel or anything else cause by this change. 

My brother’s 16S got the missing serial number issue while bouncing the wheel a bit to get rid of a pinecone stuck in the wheel well (!?). Walked home, but after 2 days we were too impatient to wait for official reply so we succesfully used the app from your link.

The original serial number was nowhere to be found, so we used my 16S’s serial number. And it works! Although we are worried that the identical serial numbers will cause issues down the road.

Where could we find the original serial number when the pedal sticker and the packaging are long gone?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

My brother’s 16S got the missing serial number issue while bouncing the wheel a bit to get rid of a pinecone stuck in the wheel well (!?). Walked home, but after 2 days we were too impatient to wait for official reply so we succesfully used the app from your link.

The original serial number was nowhere to be found, so we used my 16S’s serial number. And it works! Although we are worried that the identical serial numbers will cause issues down the road.

Where could we find the original serial number when the pedal sticker and the packaging are long gone?

The serial number is placed on the pedal, below the barcode. The scheme that follows is that of the table:

2018-09-01_232534.thumb.jpg.56259a06668b1f9ef281e9ce944db1dc.jpg

The last 3 numbers are not important, put what you want. The production date can be obtained with the application that you used to put the serial number (note that it will be put somewhere)

Edited by Augus

On 8/20/2018 at 7:02 PM, Pedro said:

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Just a small hint...

Any usage of the „special app“ without KS or reseller knowledge may void your warranty!

Also, any potential wrong usage of the app may lead to serious damage of the wheel....

2 hours ago, Augus said:

The serial number is placed on the pedal, below the barcode.

I think you mean on the sticker that is no longer there. Thank you for the scheme table though, we might fabricate a code closer to the correct one.

2 minutes ago, US69 said:

Any usage of the „special app“ without KS or reseller knowledge may void your warranty!

Also, any potential wrong usage of the app may lead to serious damage of the wheel....

Those were the risks we were willing to take.

• Practical usability of the warranty is extremely limited when ordered from Aliexpress to a small country. Any repairs are done by me anyways.
  • The wheel is important as a daily commuter and transportation. Official channels didn't reply in two days, and the contact info might not even be in use.
  • While two days is not that long, the gain for waiting for a response that might never arrive seemed non-existent compared to the inconvenience caused by the non-functioning wheel.

No matter how KS (or especially Ninebot) wants to handle wheel issues, practical real life solutions are often very different. Until the product is common enough (EUC? never) to have active distribution channels in small countries as well, many if not most riders will fix the issues ourselves.

16 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I think you mean on the sticker that is no longer there. Thank you for the scheme table though, we might fabricate a code closer to the correct one.

If you follow the scheme, and you get the production date in the application, you only need the agent ... the last 3 numbers are not so important.

Edited by Augus

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

I have a KINGSONG KS16S.  On the app it's mentionned : illegal equipment.  I still see my serial number.

BUT my speed settings is moved to max 20 km/h.  I'm not able to change the speed limit.

Can I resolve this issue with your special app ?  Can you share me the link where I can download the app?

The link :https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sj6e4hfp599vxa/KSv4.apk?dl=0 is not the special app where you can change the parameters.

Can you share me the correct app.

Tx

Edited by Olivier

Dear,

I went to the dealer. 
The dealer saw that the Serial number of KS16S was not matching anymore with the info on the dealer app.
Dealer changed the serial number again and defined the speed limit.

Everything is now working fine.

Issue was cause due to the new Kingsong app.  This app is changing the serial number.

Edited by Olivier
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, arkoand said:

@Trucktent do you have still Chineese android app for kingsong bro? I have same problem . 'No serial number or serial number error' I need to use it for enter serial number

Please contact your dealer About this Problem! He is able to help you out

1 hour ago, arkoand said:

I contacted but unfortunately they said me 'please contact KINGSONG support they know better' :/ so why I m here

That is a bit uncommon, as they definitly should be the one to help you, but here we go:

Please contact Micheal@szkingsong.com for the Software!

• 2 months later...

@Trucktent tried following your dropbox link but it's 404. Could you please create a new link to the app for those experiencing this issue. 

Had a 16s for all of 15min before it's serial number disappeared. The distributor says he's in contact with KingSong support but it's unclear how long this will take. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone PM me the special apk? I cannot get past 20kph my 16x which says illegal device on iOS. Does not work on android either.

This wheel was purchased on aliexpress.

I do not want to go to the local dealer as I enjoy maintaining all my equipment myself, which voids the warranty anyways.

• 10 months later...