Is this legit?

Steve Persona

Thanks , I thought the same thing. They offered a monster 1600 for $1800 with shipping included from china , thought that was to good to be true. Where is best place to get a gotway monster in the states right now?

52 minutes ago, Steve Persona said:

Thanks , I thought the same thing. They offered a monster 1600 for $1800 with shipping included from china , thought that was to good to be true. Where is best place to get a gotway monster in the states right now?

I've pm'd you. 

Yeah....when it comes to handing over this sort of money......you need to know that your after-sale customer service is going to be A+.

I've lost count of the number of posts I've read on this forum of someone who has gone cheap with some dodgy website etc and got burnt.

Domain Name: WHEELDADDY.COM Registry Domain ID: 2010305029_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN 
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.name.com 
Registrar URL: http://www.name.com
Updated Date: 2016-03-08T12:35:46Z 
Creation Date: 2016-03-08T12:35:45Z 
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-03-08T12:35:45Z 
Registrar: Name.com, Inc. 
Registrar IANA ID: 625 
Reseller: 
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry 
Registrant Name: Kramer Wang 
Registrant Organization: 
Registrant Street: 404 56 building , shangnan 1 cun 
Registrant City: Shanghai 
Registrant State/Province: Pudong 
Registrant Postal Code: 210000 
Registrant Country: CN 
Registrant Phone: +86.18221712536 
Registrant Email: 635349164@qq.com 
Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry 
Admin Name: Kramer Wang 
Admin Organization: 
Admin Street: 404 56 building , shangnan 1 cun 
Admin City: Shanghai 
Admin State/Province: Pudong 
Admin Postal Code: 210000 
Admin Country: CN 
Admin Phone: +86.18221712536 
Admin Email: 635349164@qq.com 
Registry Tech ID: Not Available From Registry 
Tech Name: Kramer Wang 
Tech Organization: 
Tech Street: 404 56 building , shangnan 1 cun 
Tech City: Shanghai 
Tech State/Province: Pudong 
Tech Postal Code: 210000 
Tech Country: CN 
Tech Phone: +86.18221712536 
Tech Email: 635349164@qq.com 
Name Server: ns3cna.domain-resolution.net 
Name Server: ns2glx.domain-resolution.net 
Name Server: ns4cfn.domain-resolution.net 
Name Server: ns1cnb.domain-resolution.net 
DNSSEC: unSigned 
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@name.com 
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.7203101849 
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2017-03-05T14:48:44-07:00 <<< 

9 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

I've pm'd you. 

Yeah....when it comes to handing over this sort of money......you need to know that your after-sale customer service is going to be A+.

I've lost count of the number of posts I've read on this forum of someone who has gone cheap with some dodgy website etc and got burnt.

While my purchase was from eBay, I still concur  - I purchased my Gotway ACM 1300WH from a seller in CN which was dead on arrival. 

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/6611-gotway-acm-1300-help/ 

2 hours ago, Steve Persona said:

www.wheeldaddy.com  Dont now if this website is legit . Wanted to sell me a gotway monster , but wanted direct payment through paypal

PayPal direct payment is basically like wiring money, zero protection, i.e. never do it. They should be PayPal Invoicing you so you are both protected and liable.

1 hour ago, Steve Persona said:

Where is best place to get a gotway monster in the states right now?

All US-based Gotway distributors vouched for:

(for reference, Gotway Monster is still not commonly listed/carried, due to higher stocking price / lower demand comparative to other Gotway wheels, so I would e-mail your distributor of choice to inquire)

East Coast

@IvSus / EUC.NYC (Brooklyn, NYC)

• Dmitry & Ilya are new Gotway Distributors in the NYC area, and seem to be true EUC enthusiasts themselves
  • unlike most distributors, they carry stock-in-hand warehouse inventory (most EUC distributors are ordering on-demand)
  • I can vouch that one of our local riders received excellent service here; wheel was bought and received same-day (MSuperV3S+)

West Coast (both well covered on these forums)

Dion @ MyFunWheel.Biz (Brentwood, CA) - AFAIK order-on-demand from Gotway (~2 weeks shipped to door)

Nevin @ Tec-Toyz.com (Santa Clara, CA) - AFAIK order-on-demand from Gotway (~2 weeks shipped to door)

On 3/5/2017 at 5:16 PM, houseofjob said:

All US-based Gotway distributors vouched for:

(for reference, Gotway Monster is still not commonly listed/carried, due to higher stocking price / lower demand comparative to other Gotway wheels, so I would e-mail your distributor of choice to inquire)

I've finally been pulled into GW orbit as well, there's been so many recent impressive developments from their factory, impossible to ignore.  

In the next couple days we'll be offering the ACM 820/1300, MSuper III, & Monster, with anticipated delivery in the next 3-4 weeks.   

57 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I've finally been pulled into GW orbit as well, there's been so many recent impressive developments from their factory, impossible to ignore.  

In the next couple days we'll be offering the ACM 820/1300, MSuper III, & Monster, with anticipated delivery in the next 3-4 weeks.   

Didn't think I'd see the day!

In the void that Ninebot/Segway dropping the ball has partly made, it feels like the current state of EUC has been dominated by Gotway.

FWIW, if only InMotion would up their speeds to 30-40km/h and batteries to at least 680/820 WH, retaining that InMotion feel (particularly the V5), I believe many would have a harder decision choosing between InMotion and Gotway.

I know I would. Even as a satisfied Gotway owner, I still waaaaaay prefer the feel of InMotion.

So frustrating~

Archived