New/ redesigned MCM V3 on eBay?

When I had one it was one of my favorite to ride, quick little thing, but now it seems New/ redesigned models popping up on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gotway-MCM-performance-unicycle-19-mph-800-Watt-motor-large-pedals-/262454281211?hash=item3d1b7e83fb:g:4qsAAOSwOtdYUG~t

from few sellers, its only 260 battery. Is this something New or they just clearing out old stock?

12 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

When I had one it was one of my favorite to ride, quick little thing, but now it seems New/ redesigned models popping up on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gotway-MCM-performance-unicycle-19-mph-800-Watt-motor-large-pedals-/262454281211?hash=item3d1b7e83fb:g:4qsAAOSwOtdYUG~t

from few sellers, its only 260 battery. Is this something New or they just clearing out old stock?

seams to be a new version...as the speed seams to have become better...

also can be bought at electro-sport.de in Germany and in France shops also....electro-sport.their test:

when i remember it correctly i have seen them somewhere else to buy with 520wh also...and that would definitly be new...as on the first mcm3 versions the board was on the side...and not under the handle

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

47km/h :huh:, wow, hope this is true...

that was the lift speed test without load...

with load it was 38 to 43 (75kg flat belt)....it is announced as bit over 30kmh..which is quiet  good for a 260wh with 16s2p system...

7 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

but now it seems New/ redesigned models popping up on ebay

In fact pictures on ebay's ads show a model called URBAN MCM4 :

https://store.urban360.com/roues-urban360/

Urban360 is a french shop (in Paris) in which the manager decided to custom a Gotway MCM3 (same motor as MCM4 but in a MCM2's body, which is not a commercial succes) by changing leg protection for a wider model (grey color) and a longer pedal than original. And this new model's name is URBAN MCM4.

site ebay vs urban.jpg

9 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

New/ redesigned models popping up on ebay

I got one of these for $550, which I thought was a great price. Now I see it's down to $500!

Unlike the Urban 360 photos which all Ebay sellers of this seem to be using, mine is plain black (not carbon) and has red side pads (not black). I love the oversize pedals EXCEPT when the pedals were upgraded, apparently the magnets were NOT upgraded. The magnets are barely strong enough to hold up the pedals. The pedals frequently fall down from very slight jostling or vibration. It's annoying, but not a deal breaker. One of the side pads repeatedly falls off. The last time it fell off, I did not notice until I reached my destination. Luckily I found it on the ground when I returned in the opposite direction. For now, until I can figure out a way to make it stay on, I'm leaving it off so I don't lose it.

Overall this is probably one of the best values for a 14-inch wheel.

8 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Unlike the Urban 360 photos which all Ebay sellers of this seem to be using, mine is plain black (not carbon) and has red side pads (not black).

Well done, you picked a Gotway MCM3 v2, the last original version of this interesting wheel, and with no additional sticker tending to suggest that it is an other thing... ;)

11 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I got one of these for $550................../...................mine is plain black (not carbon) and has red side pads........................................

OK but what battery capacity is?  260Wh as it's said on the ads?

3 hours ago, sbouju said:

Well done, you picked a Gotway MCM3 v2, the last original version of this interesting wheel, and with no additional sticker tending to suggest that it is an other thing... ;)

the success of "urban" selling these seams to be so good that GW is now selling that to other distributors, also...

germany: electro-sport.de

in black, not carbon, and their testvideo on that is new from last week...so we all are now able to get it again.

a perfect starter wheel for a small amount of money, in my view :-)

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

the success of "urban" selling these seams to be so good that GW is now selling that to other distributors, also...

The reason of the success of this model is its price, for a standard (= good) GW quality.

Gotway makes very good wheels since a long time, now, and in the same time, can progress so much here and there*, so I am very optimist for them (and quietly happy with mine)! :)

(*) robustness of chassis, axle, pédals, etc. for heaviest pilots, plasic quality/durability, software conception and distribution, internet website, etc...

2 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

Yes, as far as I know, 260Wh is the only battery offered with this wheel.

many thanks for your answer.

8 hours ago, sbouju said:

Well done, you picked a Gotway MCM3 v2, the last original version

You said "original" with a sony battery and 260Wh for capacity.

I prefer mine with "an additionnal sticker" and with a panasonic 340Wh battery (which is realy orginal, nobody know it in The french (independant) forum?)

19 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

https://tec-toyz.com/products/gotway-mcm3-high-speed-version?variant=15657882883

still selling the original with 340 or 680 battery :))

Yes but pedals are the smallest one. So it's not the new version.

Archived