What's in a name, and a picture paints a thousand words.

Smoother

21 hours ago, Smoother said:

Various contracts....Shanghai Public Security.... Travel on China State tab..... Hmmmm. Sounds like if you told us what you did you'd have to kill us, and would probably have the resources to do it too. ?

It's not all that exotic; I'm an academic with a focus on electronic commerce, economics of technology, data analytics and innovation.  Yet in many other ways China work is exceptionally interesting because China is such a fast-evolving, rich and varied country.  Shanghai's Public Security Bureau sounds more interesting than it is ... I'm hoping to get research access to FeiXin messaging (a sort of Chinese Twitter).  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chris Westland said:

It's not all that exotic; I'm an academic with a focus on electronic commerce, economics of technology, data analytics and innovation.  Yet in many other ways China work is exceptionally interesting because China is such a fast-evolving, rich and varied country.  Shanghai's Public Security Bureau sounds more interesting than it is ... I'm hoping to get research access to WeiXin messaging (a sort of Chinese Twitter).  

Thanks for that Cpt. Kirk.  Just like James Bond works for Universal Exports. ? that's OK. I won't break your cover story.  maybe your handle should be 008 !

On 2016/11/26 at 2:15 AM, esaj said:

Nice rack... Why so many voltage standards/references, for calibration? I just bought (used) HP34401A -bench meter + HP6632A programmable DC supply this week, awaiting them to arrive next week... Never realized so much used industry/professional level hardware is available and at quite cheap prices (compared to list-prices, the meter was 230€, the supply 110€, both cost way over 1000€ new).

Thanks. I got a HP34401A too and had been my major meter for a long time. And I had a HP6632B supply as well, all low priced.

That is an very good question. 
When a normal meter or a voltage need calibration, it requires a higher grade standard, but what if the standard to be calibrated is already the best you can afford? Then it comes to the comparison, and averaging. This is why I got many standards, also different brand or from differenct manufacturers. I do occasionally have one of my standard calibrated externally.

Archived