I need advice from people who know the trade legislation

Jojo33A

Hello everybody, thank you read this topic, it's a special case that i submit to you,

your knowledge
your experiences
and intelligence

it's for american and european buyers like me , For US EUC/Other users owners and European EUC/other users owners

Here the facts:

1 / I bought a Mini Xiaomi imported from China, the product is called N3M240 supposedly exclusive to the Chinese market

2 / all the NINEBOT PRO MINI (N3M320) dealer networks in France refuses to sell me spare parts, because I have not purchased the product in France and it is not sold in France

3 / the other night unmounting my Mini and looking at the battery with a warning wriiten in chinsese and english and 2 officials documents I have at my disposal, I realize that this Mini Xiaomi was also expected for export sales in Europe and the US through the following two proofs the Xiaomi Mini appears " N3M240"
- Official authorization of the US FCC

- European Certificate of Compliance does 9/29/2015 (and I just see the existence of other models)

It is legal to refuse me, and to refuse to US Xiaomi Mini owners and to European Xiaomi owners  the purchase of spare parts?

Thank You very much

Cordially

LE3.png

n3m240.PNG

Can't really advice on the legal part but two quick thoughts:

- Any company that is binding sale of the spare parts or accessories to purchase of the "main" items is at least doing wrong business (and might be also violating some local laws)

- Can't you get someone who purchased the Mini locally to buy you the needed spare part(s)?

I don't think it's a case of "law". At least in the United States, you can't force anyone to sell you something. It's just a case of local dealers not wanting to help you because you didn't purchase from them

I'm sorry but makes no sense - it's like if you'd import the car and local car dealers would refuse to sell you the spare parts because you've not purchased the car from them.

Another question is indeed that they have right to refuse service or even installing the parts but selling of the parts itself shouldn't be bound to previous purchases. As long as they offer the parts for sale you should be able to purchase them without any further or previous obligations. It makes also no sense from the business point because unless they're selling the parts at loss and recuperate via service or sale of the main items it's business like any other to sell the part and make money on it. Who cares if someone purchase the part and then decide to burn it on the stake instead??

EDIT: In theory they can also require the parts to be installed by "certified" technicians (to keep the business in house) otherwise the warranty on the parts will be void but surely you can still purchase the parts and sod their warranty :P 

31 minutes ago, HEC said:

Can't really advice on the legal part but two quick thoughts:

- Any company that is binding sale of the spare parts or accessories to purchase of the "main" items is at least doing wrong business (and might be also violating some local laws)

- Can't you get someone who purchased the Mini locally to buy you the needed spare part(s)?

It's not only for my personal case, it's for all buyers in my case

me, i m alone to get a mini in my city... a lot of mini imported owners are alone too, 

i just see in these documents mine modele should be sold in my country and in europa and in US, but Ninebot decide don't sold it, and Ninebot local sellers don't want sell spare parts to imported mini.... i would like to know if these documents can help us legaly to obtain a hope to purchase spare parts to officials sellers.

13 minutes ago, HEC said:

I'm sorry but makes no sense - it's like if you'd import the car and local car dealers would refuse to sell you the spare parts because you've not purchased the car from them.

Another question is indeed that they have right to refuse service or even installing the parts but selling of the parts itself shouldn't be bound to previous purchases. As long as they offer the parts for sale you should be able to purchase them without any further previous obligations. It makes also no sense from the business point because unless they're selling the parts at loss and recuperate via service or sale of the main items it's business like any other to sell the part and make money on it. Who cares if someone purchase the part and then decide to burn it on the stake instead??

EDIT: In theory they can also require the parts to be installed by "certified" technicians (to keep the business in house) otherwise the warranty on the parts will be void but surely you can still purchase the parts and sod their warranty :P 

yes it's good these are good arguments ! thank you @HEC

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Je ne pense pas que ce soit un cas de «loi». Au moins aux Etats-Unis, vous ne pouvez pas forcer quelqu'un à vous vendre quelque chose. Il est juste un cas de revendeurs locaux ne veulent pas vous aider parce que vous n'avez pas acheté d'eux

yes i think too, thank you @Marty Bake for your opinion

28 minutes ago, HEC said:

Another question is indeed that they have right to refuse service or even installing the parts but selling of the parts itself shouldn't be bound to previous purchases. As long as they offer the parts for sale you should be able to purchase them without any further or previous obligations. It makes also no sense from the business point because unless they're selling the parts at loss and recuperate via service or sale of the main items it's business like any other to sell the part and make money on it. Who cares if someone purchase the part and then decide to burn it on the stake instead??

Because it's such a tiny market the dealers hold all the cards, particularly in countries where there's only one dealer.

But I've seen this in other areas too. For example, if you buy a grey market Canon camera/lens, Canon won't help you because you didn't go through approved channels.

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Because it's such a tiny market the dealers hold all the cards, particularly in countries where there's only one dealer.

But I've seen this in other areas too. For example, if you buy a grey market Canon camera/lens, Canon won't help you because you didn't go through approved channels.

but if you bring a device from a travel abroad...

• 1 month later...

Of course it's not illegal to refuse to sell you the spare parts. You have not signed any contract with local distributors to oblige them to provide you the parts. The rest is same as serving clients in a restaurant/bar - a supplier has a full right to refuse serving you without explaining.

Matter of fact, it's a good practice for a healthy supply chain. Surely, Ninebot supply chain is nowhere near perfect or healthy.. But buying directly from China, you should understand all implications of your actions.

You can't undercut local distribution chain and expect them to be happy about that. 

On 23/09/2016 at 10:10 PM, HEC said:

Car dealers would act in their own interest, as the market is much bigger and well established. Although they can also take same actions to lose their profit margin, car parts are usually universally available even outside car dealerships. 

Archived