ACM V2 & Android 6

Hi everybody, 

just received my ACM V2 and I'm a little bit upset because of not being able to connect (pair) my cellular phone (LG G4) with the device. 

The G4 runs on Android 6.0... Is there anybody out there who successfully connected any other smartphone (with Android 6.0) with the ACM V2? 

Also the GW app does not find the device (probably because I'm not able to pair them). 

I'd appreciate helpful hints / comments / advices. Thanks in advance! 

Edit: the "WheelLog" App works fine, even without pairing the two devices upfront. But unfortunately this App does not include making setting changes, such as warnings, tilt back etc. 

On 9/7/2016 at 6:17 AM, EUC-Lover said:

I've checked in the systems settings of my phone and all requested rights are permitted / authorized... 

The 'official' Gotway Android app wouldn't connect for me either. Dion (myfunwheel) provided me a version that works with my Android phone and ACM 16. I'm attaching it to this post. Hope it works for you.

Marty

GotwayACM16APP.apk.1.1.apk

@Marty Backe

Thank you very much for the link. 

Unfortunately this doesn't work either... 

It seems to be an issue with the my 'special' phone. It's a LG G4 DUALSIM version that is not available on the German market. I bought it from a shop in the UK and the phone is from 'Hongkong'... See Screenshot.... And there is no difference whether I change the language settings to English or not, before installation... 

If I try to connect (pair) from the Bluetooth settings it always says 'Gotway... denied the connection..' and if I just start the App it doesn't find my phone... 

I'll try with a Samsung S2 tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully that one will work fine... I'll keep you posted. 

Again, thanks for your support! 

Rolf 

Screenshot_2016-09-09-13-15-07.png

5 hours ago, EUC-Lover said:

@Marty Backe

It seems to be an issue with the my 'special' phone. It's a LG G4 DUALSIM version that is not available on the German market. I bought it from a shop in the UK and the phone is from 'Hongkong'... See Screenshot.... And there is no difference whether I change the language settings to English or not, before installation... 

If I try to connect (pair) from the Bluetooth settings it always says 'Gotway... denied the connection..' and if I just start the App it doesn't find my phone... 

I'll try with a Samsung S2 tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully that one will work fine... I'll keep you posted. 

Rolf 

That's too bad. Gotway seems particularly bad with their app support. And the one that I have that works, barely works.

If Gotway can't afford to produce a reliable app then they should provide controls on the wheel itself. Frankly I've always thought it was odd that you have no choice but to use a smart phone to configure your wheel, and then they provide a poor quality app that may or may not work.

57 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That's too bad. Gotway seems particularly bad with their app support. And the one that I have that works, barely works.

If Gotway can't afford to produce a reliable app then they should provide controls on the wheel itself. Frankly I've always thought it was odd that you have no choice but to use a smart phone to configure your wheel, and then they provide a poor quality app that may or may not work.

I've tried the 1.1 beta App on an old Samsung S4 (Android 4.3.2?) and it connected. The old 4.0 app for the MSuper was horror. Weak connection, lost one time connection while calibrating. Got it solved.

I'm not sure with the Android stuff. This is a market with so much diversification. You can't test any device. But Kingsong looks like they've made a ore stable APP (FW update could be tricky there).

iOS release of Gotway 2.0 in the Apple App store looks fine on ACM. Will test it hopefully this weekend. It's definitely an other level of app quality. But Apple is a well protected eco system with a lot of requirements from Apple. So app quality is more stable.

I took an old Samsung S2 now from my son and the App (barely) works. Is it normal that apart from the beep of the wheel itself the App does not give any feedback? I mean, you can't really see the current chosen mode, or the actually tilt back speed.. You push on a mode or tilt back speed and the wheel beeps, but you're not able to see whether you hit the correct speed or mode since it's not highlighted in the screen in any way... 

I've chosen sports mode and tilt back 30 km/h, because this is the absolut maximum speed I wanna be able to go... 

On 9/9/2016 at 3:11 AM, Marty Backe said:

The 'official' Gotway Android app wouldn't connect for me either. Dion (myfunwheel) provided me a version that works with my Android phone and ACM 16. I'm attaching it to this post. Hope it works for you.

Marty

GotwayACM16APP.apk.1.1.apk

Dion is such a good guy. Was amazing when I bought my mcm4 from him,

On 9.9.2016 at 1:15 PM, EUC-Lover said:

@Marty Backe

Rolf 

Liegt wohl an deinem Smartphone. Hab ein Z5 DualSIM, auch nicht original auf dem deutschen Markt erhältlich. Auch 6er Android. Und bei mir lief die App sofort. Falls du noch eine alte GW App hast, dann würde ich die mal starten, Wheel verbinden, im System(bei den Bluetooth-Einstellungen!) das Wheel unpairen. App löschen oder wenigsten Cache leeren. Dann die neue erst installieren und los geht es. Die alten GW Apps nutzten Secure Pairing. Alles was du da gepairt hast ist zwar sichtbar im System(Android) aber du kannst es nicht mit einer anderen Anwendung pairen. Deshalb Secure Pairing :)

Archived