Malta Electric Unicycle Meetup

IPS Malta

Anyone rides the Electric Unicycle in Malta. I ride one often but still I haven't seen anyone around. Would be great if we can meet up and plan some route. If anyone is interested (even without an EUC) please post below, I have a few ones here :) 

• Upvote 1

I'll be there is September and I'll definitely get in touch with you.

There is a great airshow every September:http://www.maltairshow.com/News/ You can't beat sunbathing while an F16 goes by on full afterburner.

Malta seems a great place for Electric Unicycles, it must be one of the few countries in the world it's possible to ride a decent wheel from one end of it to the other without recharging it. Although anything less than 16" might be challenging on some roads. With no oil of its own, and plenty of sun for solar power, there has to be a lot to be said for energy efficient electric transport.

Do EUC's have any legal status in Malta? I assume they are at least tolerated as a there are a number of Segway tours including in the capital city Valletta. We, chose, last year, to go on a mostly off-road tour including along the top of the 250M high Dingli Cliffs. Quite an experience, but, I would think, even better on an EUC. 

Sure is :) although elevation and uphills kill a bit the batteries. I manage a good 20km at 18-22km/hr ride on a 260wh with around 92kg. My cheap (retired) 14" Chinese branded one makes around 8-10km at 16km/h

So far I'm meeting police around and they stop me for curiosity more than for legal issues :). I am trying to get in touch with authorities and maybe get the people interested in it contributing making their use disciplined, safe and completely legal (with other plans in mind). After all it's realistically speaking safer than the hover boards and the 2 wheeled segway on our roads, only the learning curve is different.

looking forward to see you around ;)

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Hi IPS Malta. If you only one unibiker in Malta I have seen your riding last summer somewhere in Sliema, near Tigne Point I think. I remember your look of a free-moving person. It was a little from top to down, because I was traveling in the opposite direction on a simple scooter. When I had returned my home in Moscow I bought Gotway MSuper v3+. Riding it made me very happy. Thank you for your example bro:)

Now I'm again in Malta, I visit the country pretty often, but I can't take wheel on a plane from Moscow. I'm going to go Malta by my motorcycle with unicycle on the second seat this summer. May be we will ride together :)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, I was busy traveling too recently. It's nice you saw me around. I am using it much. You're welcome to do some ride some day. If you ever need a Unicycle in Malta let me know. I have the IPS Zero and IPS LHOTZ. Soon will be looking at the newly released IPS I5. Tried it and it's cool for the everyday commute. Light and Slim that will be perfect for every rider.

• Upvote 2

• 7 months later...

Hi @MathuSum Mut I used to ride it often there, for work, pleasure and errands. I am on a long stay in China now but probably will return in March/April. If you're interested we can meet and help you ride your first one around. It's very convenient and I have my EUCs waiting for me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys, 

Still Alice? I'm pretty often in Malta, moving there next week's, just got my flat?

I'm riding an KS which is actually broken? but will be fixed soon... And maybe a new wheel 18 or something soon.

How many riders did you find yet? Looking forward meeting you @IPS Malta

@9botter not much... 4 maybe. But now I'm staying in heaven.... China now :P I will be in Malta around end of May for a month so maybe we can meet and go around (hoping my wheels are still in good shape back there)

Edited by IPS Malta
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/20/2019 at 8:32 PM, IPS Malta said:

Anyone up to meet in Malta?

We can organize a meeting for anyone who's on the island

I don't have an EUC now but I'm interested in buying one . Where can I get EUC in Malta?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2022 at 4:00 PM, Jonant said:

I don't have an EUC now but I'm interested in buying one . Where can I get EUC in Malta?

I have found one dealer who can deliver any wheel to the ferry Sicily-Malta on an agreed day. I have an appointment with him next week. I’m buying KS-S18. If it isn’t a scam i will be able to recommend him.

Write me in Telegram @BMV_Mark_Dobrovik

• 5 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 10:43 PM, BMV said:

I have found one dealer who can deliver any wheel to the ferry Sicily-Malta on an agreed day. I have an appointment with him next week. I’m buying KS-S18. If it isn’t a scam i will be able to recommend him.

Write me in Telegram @BMV_Mark_Dobrovik

Hi guys! I know it is an old thread, but here I am lol.
I just moved to Malta and am looking to buy an EUC to commute to University.
BMV, were you able to close a deal with your contact?

(btw, you need to share a link or QR code to be able to contact you on Telegram, unless I am ignorant, there are no way to use the username to contact a new person)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kino said:

(btw, you need to share a link or QR code to be able to contact you on Telegram, unless I am ignorant, there are no way to use the username to contact a new person)

You can manually do this by using the web address t.me followed by the username. If I do this, I get the "send a message" option.

https://t.me/BMV_Mark_Dobrovik

When I search for the username in Telegram I get the above user and some other group with currently 149 subscribers.

Maybe this helps.