Recently discovered these, if I buy a nine bot from eBay, can I activate ?

So I recently stumbled upon this from YouTube and did some research. I want to get the ninebot mini and found a eBay seller selling them for $649. However I also read you can't activate. Am I going to be forced to get the Segway for $999? Can I buy the ninebot mini and still be able to activate? I live in the US.

You can easily buy it from a seller on Aliexpress. I did it twice (live in Germany).

Some of the sellers ship from the US. Dhould cost not more than 550$. And it should alrady be activated. Ask the seller before buying it about the activation.

Or buy the mini pro for roundabout 850$. The activation process on the mini pro is much easier and no Chinese cellphone is necessary! 

yes, with aliexpress it's serious and you can be refund after open a dispute with seller, if your product is not like you wish

you have Falconpev too who sale and is serious but it's in indonesia

one user here have his mini from falconpev

I would avoid the international mini at all costs. Stick to buying the Segway minipro. It may cost more but you get full warranty and support in the US which you don't with the ninebot mini. Spend the extra money and protect your purchase.

20 hours ago, Siriussak said:

So I recently stumbled upon this from YouTube and did some research. I want to get the ninebot mini and found a eBay seller selling them for $649. However I also read you can't activate. Am I going to be forced to get the Segway for $999? Can I buy the ninebot mini and still be able to activate? I live in the US.

yes 

if you can paid 999 dollars it's good you have garanty, and not issue with activation code

8 hours ago, Dannyar said:

I would avoid the international mini at all costs. Stick to buying the Segway minipro. It may cost more but you get full warranty and support in the US which you don't with the ninebot mini. Spend the extra money and protect your purchase.

Yes but it's also almost double the cost. From what I read, it's pretty much the same thing and as this is my first one...don't want to spend a ton of money especially if not sure if I will like it.

2 hours ago, Siriussak said:

Yes but it's also almost double the cost. From what I read, it's pretty much the same thing and as this is my first one...don't want to spend a ton of money especially if not sure if I will like it.

Well

you need take precaution before : paypal (but dont paid your return product ship fee to china only in your own country), see with your bank garanty add with payment with credit card, see if the seller is serious, and if it's with aliexpress your have refund and return like paypal, please choice a seller who give a return coupon.

look if this not a fake mini, compare with original specs sheet and pictures, take care on xiaomi mini customized into mini pro (steering bar and hubcaps but not the same battery)

Amazon has the miniPro on sale for $699 today, so I got one for me (black) and one for the wife (white), so if anyone is on the fence, it's on sale just today in the USA. 

I'm excited to get them!

Archived