I noticed on joining the forum that I was almost immediately tagged as an 'advanced member' with just a few posts and about 20 so 'reputation'.  Seems like the 'advanced' title should be reserved for people with hundreds or thousands of posts/reputations.  Is that an adjustable setting?

On 6/24/2016 at 11:45 AM, Shoe73 said:

I noticed on joining the forum that I was almost immediately tagged as an 'advanced member' with just a few posts and about 20 so 'reputation'.  Seems like the 'advanced' title should be reserved for people with hundreds or thousands of posts/reputations.  Is that an adjustable setting?

Sorry @Shoe73 I forgot to set this forum on "Follow" hence I didn't notice your post until just now.  Wow what a coincidence!  I just adjusted that setting for the very first time today (before I saw your post).

Just FYI.  The forum software came DEFAULT with 3 ranks and the following listed thresholds:
Newbie = 0
Member = 10
Advanced Member = 30

I only JUST now changed the Advanced Member from 30 to 100 and added a "Veteran Member" for 1000.

euf member ranks.png

Just now, John Eucist said:

You are still an "Advanced Member" after the 30 to 100 change.  But if you meant that now there's another "goal" to work towards yeah that will take some time.  :P

Thanks.

And does "community reputation" count for anything, or is it just an indication of whether or not my comments are useful?

13 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Thanks.

And does "community reputation" count for anything, or is it just an indication of whether or not my comments are useful?

The reputation points are just a tally of all the upvotes (and downvotes) that you were ever given by other members towards your posts.  If you were asking if the reputation points counted towards the "Member Ranks" then no, ranks are just based on the total number of posts.

Archived