My impression after several experiences with forwardca.com

veggies

I got my Ninebot One E+ from forwardca.com in early March for $799, which was an absolute steal (especially given it came with a real US warrantee). It shipped quickly and well-packaged, and I didn't have any problems for a few months:

Flat tire in early June. After disassembling it, the unit itself started making a nasty rubbing noise on every rotation. Eventually I emailed forwardca. Jake called me back on my cell the next day and offered to send me a new inner tube for free (I would have happily paid for one) as well as giving me instructions over the phone on how to fix the rubbing. It worked. I wish I'd called earlier.

Second problem: I was leaning back against the wall a few days ago when the unit just kicked off and I just about fell over. I emailed Jake describing the problem same-day... fast response, again. This time I'm being mailed a new control board. For free. I sent the email Sunday afternoon, and it's now already been mailed less than 24 hours later.

In sum: I can't speak highly enough about these guys. The place rocks, Jake rocks, and I recommend doing your business here even if it means spending a few more bucks to do so (though in likelihood you'll be saving them). Thanks Jake!

These guys are the real deal.  I don't know if they have an exclusitivity clause with Ninebot, but they should consider branching out and offering other wheel brands as well.  Then again that can add to more complicated issues like stocking other brand components and dealing with specific problems across different lines as well as issues of working with offshore companies.

Sometimes it's better to avoid being a jack of all trades and a master of none.  You wouldn't expect a Lexus dealer to be selling brand new Cadillacs.  On the flip side, diversity of products offered can reach a larger target audience.  Don't mind me I'm in my rambling, ranting mode...

In any case, I for one can't speak more highly of them based on their actions.

• 4 weeks later...

It's great to know I just did business with a stand up business.  I just purchased my first EUC from Forward CA.  They had the best price I could find and Jake was quick to reply to my emails.  I placed my order on Wednesday and on Thursday afternoon it was there at my home!    Granted, I live in the same state but this was a pleasant surprise.

I can hardly wait to take her out but I'm still waiting for my knee, elbow and wrist protection I ordered from Amazon!  

Thanks, Jake!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived