IPS Zero Tyre replacement

Knoxious

Hey so I made a pretty major boo boo today!

I was going to pump some air into my tyre, I had the little brass valve extender on when I turned the wheel over and accidentally turned it on! Of course, the wheel spun like crazy with the valve extender still on it :/

I seem to have torn the tyre where the valve joins rubber. But this rubber doesn't seem to be part of the tyre itself, but an inner rubber ring? 

So, did I need a new tyre, or is it another bit that I need... any ideas where to get?

Need pics?

From your brief description it looks like you have ripped the valve from inner tube which should be  easilly replaceable. Just look up the tyre change procedure for your wheel.

1 hour ago, Knoxious said:

Hey so I made a pretty major boo boo today!

I was going to pump some air into my tyre, I had the little brass valve extender on when I turned the wheel over and accidentally turned it on! Of course, the wheel spun like crazy with the valve extender still on it :/

I seem to have torn the tyre where the valve joins rubber. But this rubber doesn't seem to be part of the tyre itself, but an inner rubber ring? 

So, did I need a new tyre, or is it another bit that I need... any ideas where to get?

I do not. Buy a new tube.  Where to get is Amazon'

Or you can try Halfords. Problem is that some wheels are using tubes with moddified / bent valves which you will be unable to purchase in normal bike shops. Although manufacturer usually then includes one or two spare tubes with the new wheel in the box so check your packaging.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually finding it hard to get a 14" x 2.125 inntetube with a bent schrader valve.... I've done all the ebaying.

I can find stuff that's close... Does it need to be *exactly* 2.125? or can I do a little smaller?

or does anyone have a link they can post of where to buy? 

• 9 months later...

I had a similar issue, but what drives me crazy is the disassembly of the Zero. I couldn't find any tutorials at all, which don't require taking apart the waterproofing. 

Just found this one - saves a lot of troubles and will be extremely useful for other IPS Zero riders here:

Archived