Bluetooth Headphones

Paddylaz

I've no idea why I'm writing this, firstly because it's hardly a new technology, and secondly because it's borderline too trivial to warrant it's own thread.

BUUUUT...thought I'd share with you how pleased I am with these Sony zx330bt bluetooth headphones I've bought specifically for euc use. I've always wanted to listen to music whilst on the wheel but was hesitant to use normal headphones or earphones as we all know how dangerous that could potentially be if we can't hear anything around us. At the same time, you don't want to use speakers and look (even more) conspicuous than usual and annoy people. 

These headphones though (my first ever wireless) are cheap, really good quality and if you wear them around your neck and turn the volume on both them AND your iPhone up,  you get to hear the music well whilst simultaneously not being loud enough for people to hear unless they're real close. Perfect compromise! 

I genuinely thought wireless quality would be terrible....but they're pretty damn good for casual use. Highly recommended  :)

3 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

Post in off topic... I want to try the bone conducting headsets but no one around that have/sell them, until then I guess blasting my Bluetooth amp speakers will do...

THey're rubbish... I bought some via Kickstarter (or Indigogo, can;t remember) Trekz Titanium... we'll they're great for hearing all around you, but the sound quality is terrible. 

I have some Earins - Bluetooth earbuds...much better - no cables and you can just stick one in and it's fine. 

11 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

I want to try the bone conducting headsets but no one around that have/sell them.

I have some of these, and mine work pretty well (different brand to @Knoxious). I hadn't even thought of using them while wheeling...

Thanks for the idea - I'm planning a jaunt this weekend, so will charge them up!

Be careful when using headphones on the road. You might get carried away with the music and not hear the cars, bikes or people  near and behind you. What I use is a bluetooth speaker like this one attached to my mini backpack and it serves the purpose.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEMFO-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Speaker-Mini-Wireless-NFC-Super-Bass-Subwoofer-Outdoor-Handsfree-Sound-Box-Portable-MP3/32437717869.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.352.b3hfxO&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_5_10037_507_10032_9986_10020_10017_10021_10022_10009_10008_10018_101_10019,searchweb201603_6&btsid=2c0011b4-80a6-41b6-9cf2-76865c449e73

10 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Be careful when using headphones on the road. You might get carried away with the music and not hear the cars, bikes or people  near and behind you. What I use is a bluetooth speaker like this one attached to my mini backpack and it serves the purpose.

The bone conducting headphones are slightly different - they sit in front of your ears, pressing against the top of your jawbone. And it is the vibration through your bones that you hear... Have a look here http://aftershokz.com/

Archived