Is firmware 1.3.5 a reliable release?

Rotator

I am running firmware 1.2.2 yet. Rock solid release. I have never any trouble with this version.

All this time I was thinking in upgrading, but I knew there was problems with some versions, and when I have believed that a version was stable, then a new version arrived and I had to wait again some time to judge if the new version was a stable version. And so on.

As far as I know, 1.3.5 is the last version and it was released several months ago.

I do not know about any failures or problems with this version.

Did you believe this is a good time to upgrade before a new version comes out?

To let the user to choose the version to upgrade, would be a very nice option in the ninebot app.

To the ninebot point of view, I thing that it would be enough to remove the dangerous releases in their server (the versions what is known to cause failures).

And, if not all, at least, to let to choose between the last stable version and the new one.

1 minute ago, Planetpapi said:

Wondering what's the compelling reason to update when you were so happy. I also have 1.2.1. Just curious.

I hope Remaining milleage will it work in a newer version. Currently it shows 0 all the time.

1 minute ago, Rotator said:

I hope Remaining milleage will it work in a newer version. Currently it shows 0 all the time.

That's strange... But that function is misleading so not that usefull anyway.

Because I never go faster than 9 miles per hour I am going to upgrade.  Sounds like fun.  I missed out on the old days when Ninebot updated their firmware every week.  1.3.5 is working very well.  I wonder what improvement they have devised? 

After going through the app again I noticed something new.  In the other settings section there is an option to switch off background run reminder.  It is on by default.  If you select it to turn it off you get a message:  after switch turned off, if there are any abnormal riding behaviours, app will not give notice when app is run in background.  

This looks like a new feature that gives some kind of warning if you are riding too fast or drawing too much current or something.  Can't wait to try it.  I usually don't carry my phone while riding but will now to see what this feature does tell me.

@Vik's I see, I must have overlooked it before.  Went for a short ride, one mile at the park on grass, and it seemed noticeably smoother riding.  Even though the firmware update to 1.4.0 changed my riding setting from 1 to 3 the pedals feel about as firm as before but the ride seems smoother.  Also turns seem smoother, like @SuperSport mentioned.  So far I am liking this firmware update.  It seems to be better than 1.3.5.

10 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

Disable background run reminder is an app function. I have had that for a while now. 

It stops the notifications when the app is running in the background. Not new in firmware and I believe has nothing to do with the unit itself. Only the app. 

I thought it was an app function, but what notifications does it give?  I rode with the phone in hand app on and guess I never pushed it hard enough to get any notifications.  But I only got up to 8.5 mph and I didn't try to overlean or climb anything steep.  

• 2 months later...

Finally I have updated from 1.2.2 to 1.4.0 before the 1.4.1 is released and I have to wait again to know if it is a stable versión.

I did more than 5000km with 1.2.2 without any issue. I hope I will do another 5000km with 1.4.0.

I have noticed a very smooth ride. May be an easy climb up in mode 9, too. And a new sound (noise).

13 minutes ago, Rotator said:

Finally I have updated from 1.2.2 to 1.4.0 before the 1.4.1 is released and I have to wait again to know if it is a stable versión.

I did more than 5000km with 1.2.2 without any issue. I hope I will do another 5000km with 1.4.0.

I have noticed a very smooth ride. May be an easy climb up in mode 9, too. And a new sound (noise).

As a person whos 9b1 is still on fw 1.2.3 I am vVery interested in results!

2 hours ago, Rotator said:

Have you heard anything about when 1.4.1 is to be released?  5000km is a lot of miles, is the battery still taking full charge?  Have you had any problems?  Looks like it is very reliable.

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

Have you heard anything about when 1.4.1 is to be released?  5000km is a lot of miles, is the battery still taking full charge?  Have you had any problems?  Looks like it is very reliable.

No problems until now.

I have full charged the battery 300 times more or less.

Now my 240w battery (model E) only accept 175w while charging.

While this does not allow a great range, it is something expected.

Archived