Ok, I am trying to find out real distances people, adult vs kid, are getting with Ninebot mini (claim 18 km) and pro (claim 25 km)... Who owns one? I weight 75-77 kg how far should I be able to go? Any one tried external battery?

I think Ninebot is playing with the speed numbers, when getting in the 20% charge state, speedometer is reading high numbers but the actual speed seems to be cut downward, only way to check this is with a bike speedometer... I should have been comparing with my GPS unit...

• 1 month later...
On 11/05/2016 at 5:02 PM, MetricUSA said:

Ok, I am trying to find out real distances people, adult vs kid, are getting with Ninebot mini (claim 18 km) and pro (claim 25 km)... Who owns one? I weight 75-77 kg how far should I be able to go? Any one tried external battery?

I think Ninebot is playing with the speed numbers, when getting in the 20% charge state, speedometer is reading high numbers but the actual speed seems to be cut downward, only way to check this is with a bike speedometer... I should have been comparing with my GPS unit...

My weight is 96Kg and with XIAOMI MINI or my 9B1E+, I use between 13-15Wh to ride 1 km. With Xiaomi Mini 240Wh battery my average distance is 16-17km (average speed is 15km/h). And I've tried 2 times with a 190Wh external battery and total mileage is around 30-31km.

external battery for mini.jpg

I put a controller between both battery in order to know how much Wh external battery is able to give and the result is 150Wh each time . 40Wh are not usefull from an external 190Wh battery and Xiaomi battery is completly empty (only 3 or 4 %).

20160612_225847.jpg

Yes I can and do get 16 km easily, after which I am in 20% battery range and mini is reduce in speed going 22 km might be possible, just curious of any pro users?

Ok, Smallexis, how did you attach the external battery? Through the charging port? I thought mini was in 'sleep' mode if charging? I plan to hack the pack it's self to get at soldering points to parallel, but please see my mini mod post... 

It just for making some test and I did not fixed the battery to the MINI because most of time I use this external battery with my 9B1E+. And I put the battery inside a belt bag :

20160612_214820 (1).jpg

With this power controller I have seen how many amps get outside of the external battery to the internal battery during my ride (when batteries are linked by load plot). Because in case of a high amps, there is a risk of damaging internat battery's charging wires (that are not forseen for high amps value). Value for amps stay under 4A when riding if both batteries are linked with same voltage storage.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I get a minimum of 26km per charge when I charge to true 100% capacity using the higher voltage charger.  I know this range is correct because there's a river path near me that's 13km long and I can ride to the end and back on a charge and still have some charge left.  So probably 28 real life kilometers.  This was tested in summer.  In winter it will be dramatically reduced.

On 5/11/2016 at 11:02 AM, MetricUSA said:

Hey Metric I live in NYC and actually have hills by me ... I weight about 190lbs and get a real 15-17 miles on a full charge on the MiniPro using the Mini Charger that ups the capacity to 19 miles as far as the app is concerned.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 7:57 PM, DaveThomasPilot said:

My wife weighs about 150 pounds and gets about 20 miles per charge. 

That's going  near top speed (10 mph) the entire time.

Are you sure that is not 20km? What voltage charger are you using?

Yes I'm sure miles, not kilometers.  And the mileage is from map / GPS not the Mini Pro app.  

We've never run it all the way down and have done 18 Mi several times.

She rides as fast as she can staying just below the tailback speed since she's trying to keep up with me on my ks14C.

We use to charger that came with it

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 1:25 PM, DaveThomasPilot said:

Yes I'm sure miles, not kilometers.  And the mileage is from map / GPS not the Mini Pro app.  

We've never run it all the way down and have done 18 Mi several times.

She rides as fast as she can staying just below the tailback speed since she's trying to keep up with me on my ks14C.

We use to charger that came with it

I just ordered a 63V charger that may bring me to 19 MPH.

Maybe you obtained the European charger that ships with it.

Catching up to you.

• 1 year later...

I rode mine for 17 miles today now here is how I did it and I do not recommend that you try this and if you do it is at your own risk I inflated the tire up to 65 PSI this makes for Less roll resistance but it also makes for a rougher ride and I'm sure if the tire is punctured it will result in a blowout but it does perform very well

Be aware that charging the batteries to 63V will reduce their lifetime, the number of recharges you will be able to do before they fail. I use both chargers, saving the 63V charges for when I really expect to be going a longer distance. The 63V charger corresponds to 4.20 volts in the chart, while the 59V Segway charger is about 3.92 volts. So the change in battery 'life' might be as high as as 7 to 1.

More technical stuff here.

LiIon_Battery_Life.gif

23 hours ago, trevmar said:

Be aware that charging the batteries to 63V will reduce their lifetime, the number of recharges you will be able to do before they fail. I use both chargers, saving the 63V charges for when I really expect to be going a longer distance. The 63V charger corresponds to 4.20 volts in the chart, while the 59V Segway charger is about 3.92 volts. So the change in battery 'life' might be as high as as 7 to 1.

More technical stuff here.

LiIon_Battery_Life.gif

Great insight.

This will change my charging approach 

Archived