KingSong Ks16 extrem Test in Thailand

US69

Hy Guys,

perhaps some of You Know The Facebook Group "KingSong Thailand"....

take a Look at their Page....there Are also some Videos of me joining The Group! Nice Guys ...i felt warmly welcome :-)

example(me the fat One ;-))

First Impression of KS16: stable As hell....MUCH stiffer than KS 14....needed about 30 minutes to feel real comftable, but After that it's a winner in all terms!!!! And to get used to was because of generell 14 to 16 difference, nothing Special KS thing....What i want to Point out Is that in 35 degrees Celsius and hard pushing i Never got a Heat Warning! Me:95kg

so now i take this KS 16 for 4 Weeks  to "the Rock"- an Island named KohTao mostly famous for Diving...

as the knickname "Rock" implyfies: it has steep hills....and also Bad roads....so me (95kg) riding there in unbelievable Heat will be a good Test of it's capabilities :-)

i will Report.....As i just arrived:-)

• 2 weeks later...

First (very short) Report from The Rock:

still no overheating issues in The Heat with my kg's :-)

i have to say, i normally only Drive in The evening and night(34-36 degree) As on The days in The sun ME would be The One who would collapse first, definitly :-)

longest ride was about 25km- 4hours on The Main beaches Streats and foodpaths/Beach Promenade ....which has 2 very very steep inclines...will measured The degrees out later....

down Is no prob at all, Up i only get One of them...on The other The Wheel Stops After 2 thirds....but i am pretty sure it's more than 30 degree this One and because of a curve in Front no Chance to take Speed up!

Until now i am VERY impressed about The stability of The 16 and it's integrated Händle/trolley !

the trolley sits very stable in The housing and only comes out both Side if You press The Button Down to The very end. Can be fiddly sometimes, but i See it more As a pro because it's Not getting easy loose!

the housing: As i crashed at about some 30kmh  plus i can say it's very stable ;-) it only got a big scratch...stilworking fine, no cracks, The Street was massive stone

crash was my fault As i Wanted to Show some People Highest Speed of this UFO, but accelerated to fast on a Little downhill Street and then totally Overreacted to The tiltback....and BOOOM

puuuh: "just" some Deep brushes/bleedings on right arm, shoulder and back....Could have end much, much worse, i was Lucky...and yes...i got protections...knee, elbow, wrist, Head!!! So now i have to take care of some Wounds in this fu]{#%^  heat, also

little Insider: some others surely would have "rolled out" Fine, or? @Keith ;-)

more Reports and also a Video/Photos of The Rock and it's inclines to come....forgive me my lazyness until now.....i also got some dives to Do :-)

Until now Most impressed about The Heat stability.....before i really had my thoughts that this would Not work out with such a Heavy guy like me in this! conditions...

until then...

first Koh Tao Rider ;-)

50 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

The video player frame is cut off halfway for me.  Is it that way for anyone else?  Is it a youtube link?

As i remember it Is a Facebook Link which included a youtube Video?

and yes...its cut a bit

On 5/3/2016 at 11:11 PM, KingSong69 said:

First Impression of KS16: stable As hell....MUCH stiffer than KS 14....needed about 30 minutes to feel real comftable, but After that it's a winner in all terms!!!! And to get used to was because of generell 14 to 16 difference, nothing Special KS thing....What i want to Point out Is that in 35 degrees Celsius and hard pushing i Never got a Heat Warning! Me:95kg

Stable indeed. I was surprise how easy I could roll over bumps at high speed with it. Was not possible with my 14" wheel from GW. I did however jump off the wheel during one of the biggest sidewalk bumps at high speed today, which sent the KS16 rolling and tumbling thru the air like a mofo! And the wheel survived! I landed on my feet, and the KS got some cosmetic damage. I decided to make sure everything works, and yes, no faults with the wheel. Even the LEDs were working fine. King Song builds top quality!

So I then went a bit later for a short ride. Battery was ~50% and to prove reliability I went for top speed and took the below screenshot (which is real speed, as proven here). Outdoor air temp was 27C. Wheel was operating at about 41C.

KS-16 App - Max Speed.jpg

Archived