Begode X-Way: 168V 20" 3000wh trail wheel

Ronin

1 minute ago, YCC said:

Consequently, choose the X way of 134v for high toque and choose the Blitz for high speed. Am I correct ?

I believe they are going to start making 168v blitz as well. They also said unannounced "race wheel" remember?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, YCC said:

Consequently, choose the X way of 134v for high toque and choose the Blitz for high speed. Am I correct ?

Choose the wheel that fits your use case and requirements.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Well, if there is no demand for higher speeds wheels, then the low volume sales would become a self-correcting mechanism for the manufacturers. 

Be honest - if you had a option to get your perfectly fine 70kph wheel. Or option X that can go 150kph.. You will not use said 150kph speed. Maybe once a wheel life. But knowing you have that possibility to go that fast. Would you not choose option X?

I think most people would want fastest thing possible. If i could get a light wheel that can go 100kph. I also would want it over 50kph locked wheel. :efeebb3acc:

I just know i will never go faster than that and don't need it. So i'm looking at other things in wheel - like tire size and carry handle.. How easy to do a tire change..

Edited by Funky

34 minutes ago, YCC said:

168v exway (ht) or 134v Blitz (hs) 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Funky said:

Be honest - if you had a option to get your perfectly fine 70kph wheel. Or option X that can go 150kph.. You will not use said 150kph speed. Maybe once a wheel life. But knowing you have that possibility to go that fast. Would you not choose option X?

I think most people would want fastest thing possible. If i could get a light wheel that can go 100kph. I also would want it over 50kph locked wheel. :efeebb3acc:

I just know i will never go faster than that and don't need it. So i'm looking at other things in wheel - like tire size and carry handle.. How easy to do a tire change..

That's your personal preference. 1 rider 1 preference... It's not a matter of going fast, its the potential of being able to go fast that riders like. 

Edited by Ronin
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ronin said:

That's your personal preference. 1 rider 1 preference... It's not a matter of going fast, its the potential of being able to go fast that riders like. 

I literally said the same thing.. First part of my monologue. :D Having option of 150kph vs 70kph locked wheel.. Most, if not all will choose 150kph. If everything else is the same on both wheels.

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Well, if there is no demand for higher speeds wheels, then the low volume sales would become a self-correcting mechanism for the manufacturers. 

I don't believe a higher top speed is the only benefit to continually upping the voltage. 

From what I understand less heat is generated the higher voltage you use, because the amperage needed for reaching the same wattage is lowered, in turn heating up the wires and stator less the higher the voltage. What would have been partially converted into heat in a smaller voltage system, would instead by used for EUC range in a higher voltage setup, so the higher the voltage the more efficiently the motor can run, in turn providing better and better range for the same amount of Wh.

I'm not sure what the current efficiency is with high voltage EUCs, all I know is the efficiency decreases exponentially as more wattage is pushed through the stator and wires because of heat loss... but with super high voltage systems we could potentially get a lot more range out of 1Wh than we currently can, so even if we reach 120km/h with 300V~ some would say there's no need to go faster(more voltage) unless you're riding on the autobahn, but they would be wrong, because even if you'd never need a higher top speed, efficiency could still improve from higher voltage, and who doesn't like more range?(without adding weight I might add)

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Why are you participating in this thread so much if you are only here to complain about its performance, size and weight? Most people want and enjoy high performance EUCs and the direction that it is heading. If you don't like it, please complain elsewhere. It's incredibly rude to be constantly whining about how every EUC isn't up to your impossible standards - that very (VERY) few EUC enthusiasts also want to buy. You are hijacking nearly every thread and it's the same theme every time.

I reiterate: it's just rude. Please stop.

How i'm complaining now? And i wasn't even speaking with you in first place. I was replaying to someones replay to me.. Where we had a little conversation about speed. No wheel weight, size, or anything mention.. F you. You come on me, i will come back at you.

And i never said i don't like high performance wheels. (These sexy smack beasts!) I just have no place for them in my life.

Jesus..

Edited by Funky

52 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

We are all acutely aware that this wheel does not fit your needs or desires. I know you didn't address me directly, but I get directly addressed every time by The forum because it notifies me every time someone makes a reply on this thread, as well as every other thread that I am active in. Therefore, I and many others get a notification every single time you comment. And the theme is the same: "[insert wheel here] sucks because it doesn't fit my ideal vision of what a wheel should be. Nobody needs to go this fast. That wheel is too heavy."

I no I'm not the only one who is tired of reading the same thing every single day and getting daily notifications about the same complaints, just worded slightly differently.

Please be mindful that there are actually people in this world who have different interests and desires from you, who actually want high performance wheels, and we don't need a daily reminder that you don't want [insert wheel here].

Maybe a new thread should be started where you can air your daily grievances about modern EUCs, and then we no longer need to have each thread hijacked? Hijacking threads is rude. Please stop being rude. Thank you.

Makes me laugh lil bit. Because reverse uno card would fit somewhat perfectly here then. :D 

Well if you insist i can now talk about same ol' same ol'..

Tired reading about same performance wheels.. (We see noting else, kind of boring..)

Being mindful.. Says the guy who can choose what ever wheel he wants and ride on streets.. Where people who don't want or can't ride on streets. Same time want something easily manageable have almost no options. Wanting and having options are completely different than wanting and not having options.

Guy asked how big market in Europe would be for these type of speeds. Then i said with 60-70km/h speed would be somewhat perfect, as peed limit is around 50km/h. Then he said 90km/h would be somewhat perfect for even hardcore riders.. Where i said 50km/h is all i need and riding over 100km/h is highway speeds.. And you started this whole ordeal. :efeee20b79:

I'll take my leave now. Ofc if you want we can chit-chat more.. I don't mind it. But you would.. You where also rude by calling me out.. Where i din't mention this topic wheel or any wheel in general. Even weight - that's crazy, that i din't start talking about weight!!!! Thanks you for reminding me. That was so nice from you. You also are hijacking this tread now BTW.

Anyways if admin want - they can delete all my post from this tread. Sorry that i wanted to reply to someone.. Not even talking about weight/size/good/bad. About wheel in first place..

Edited by Funky

31 minutes ago, Skampster said:

@Funkyyou really need to learn some self awareness. 

Like? That everyone here hates me? Yup i know that. Long past that.. Not gonna win most liked forum member reward this life time - that's for sure. What a bummer.. Hey at least Bummer reward is in my pocket!

Same about how magically every topic - where i start writing derails to lightweight wheels. (At least this time it wasn't me. :D There wasn't even no mention about them from me! And no winning, etc.) Seems like every time i replay to new people with somewhat same message counts as saying it over and over.. (Yup, people who have read my posts probably have seen it over and over, as i reply to new people. Not to them, who have already read it.)

31 minutes ago, Skampster said:

And @WheelGoodTimeisnt the first person to call you out. 

You don't say? People who really like me and want my attention does so. Yet i have never called any stinkers out. Because why would i? I mind my own business. 

This board has an Ignore feature that pops-up when you hover over a user's name.

I haven't used it yet because it can be useful to be aware of contrasting opinions.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Funky said:

Seems like every time i replay to new people

New people, old people, forums are forums, they are all the same, not my first rodeo. But if you want to play the “I’ve been here longer than you” game, knock yourself out.  

8 hours ago, Skampster said:

New people, old people, forums are forums, they are all the same, not my first rodeo. But if you want to play the “I’ve been here longer than you” game, knock yourself out.  

??? I meant - if i see a new topic, where someone is talking about lighter weight wheels (new people - as someone who i haven't seen on forum, or have seen, but it's new topic) and is posting something that i also think is true, or i personally like - i will also join and make a post - which in this case would be something in lines of not to crazy speeds, or like you and everyone else on this forum already guessed weight.

The sad thing is - i din't even talk down the speed this time or anything. I was replying to a guy who said 90km/h would be fast enough, etc.. I said make it 100km/h so everyone is happy. And going over 3 digits (100km/h+) isn't needed at all. Like i mention highway speeds - will people actually ride these wheels on highway???

Then this guy came along and took my reply out of context... Making me sound like i was winning - that wheels are going too fast. Heck more speed - the better... I also think that way. It always is better to have more speed, than not having it. You don't need to ride said 100km/h, but it's good to have.

Edited by Funky

16 hours ago, Ronin said:

168v exway (ht) or 134v Blitz (hs) 

Interestingly, what is the positioning of X-way of 134V made for?

12 minutes ago, YCC said:

Interestingly, what is the positioning of X-way of 134V made for?

36kg high torque wheel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Funky is got a point, im not looking exactly for the same wheel as him (he wants even less battery than he already has, that is am 18xl and doesnt care for suspension), but im in a position where im thinking wheels can be a lot lighter and still have a much better performance than previous generation, making them a lot more practical and safer.

Instead i am here in between, the Blitz sounded like a great all rounder proposition in that regard, but i see the Xway 134v, and its practically the same weight, and for practical commute purposes and even entretainment, close performance (xway 134 more torque, but wont make a big difference in commute or easy trails or even harder ones, and Blitz more speed but wont make a difference for a person that wont usually go faster than 60-70kmh.

The difference in weight feom both... is nothing!... practically speaking, 35.9kg Blitz, 37.5kg Xway 134, if you change thr knobby for street, the coil shock for an air one, and the kickstand and seat for what you have on the Blitz, you will probably end up even.

So if one wanted to use the wheel for a high performance, safer, comfortable commuter, you would be right there smack in the middle.

Would be interesting if a 25kg, 1800wh, light durable uncomplicated suspension (not for high jumps but forvery light trails), decent torque, 60-70 kmh top speed came into the scene, with all practical accesories for everyday use.

EUCs are great for versatiity yet the market insists in offering specialization and rapid iteration/change instead of practicality and reliability, its partially understandable because technology is advancing in that regard, more noticeble than bicycles to cite a obvious example, but its too much inclined to that tendency

Anyways, both X-ways seem to be interesting wheels, looking forward to seeing what improvements/differences they have with other wheels like the Lynx or the Et max or the Blitz. A price would be nice to know.

Edited by Manoloco
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

I don't believe a higher top speed is the only benefit to continually upping the voltage. 

+1.

However, the gains need to yield real benefits to riders, and can be quantified.

From what I understand less heat is generated the higher voltage you use, because the amperage needed for reaching the same wattage is lowered, in turn heating up the wires and stator less the higher the voltage. What would have been partially converted into heat in a smaller voltage system, would instead by used for EUC range in a higher voltage setup, so the higher the voltage the more efficiently the motor can run, in turn providing better and better range for the same amount of Wh.

I don't believe we are currently having a motor overheating crisis. 

I'm not sure what the current efficiency is with high voltage EUCs, all I know is the efficiency decreases exponentially as more wattage is pushed through the stator and wires because of heat loss... but with super high voltage systems we could potentially get a lot more range out of 1Wh than we currently can, so even if we reach 120km/h with 300V~ some would say there's no need to go faster(more voltage) unless you're riding on the autobahn, but they would be wrong, because even if you'd never need a higher top speed, efficiency could still improve from higher voltage, and who doesn't like more range?(without adding weight I might add)

I too would like to see efficiency improved so higher km/Wh figures can be realized. 

Edited by techyiam

29 minutes ago, Manoloco said:

Funky is got a point, im not looking exactly for the same wheel as him (he wants even less battery than he already has, that is am 18xl and doesnt care for suspension), but im in a position where im thinking wheels can be a lot lighter and still have a much better performance than previous generation, making them a lot more practical and safer.

Instead i am here in between, the Blitz sounded like a great all rounder proposition in that regard, but i see the Xway 134v, and its practically the same weight, and for practical commute purposes and even entretainment, close performance (xway 134 more torque, but wont make a big difference in commute or easy trails or even harder ones, and Blitz more speed but wont make a difference for a person that wont usually go faster than 60-70kmh.

The difference in weight feom both... is nothing!... practically speaking, 35.9kg Blitz, 37.5kg Xway 134, if you change thr knobby for street, the coil shock for an air one, and the kickstand and seat for what you have on the Blitz, you will probably end up even.

So if one wanted to use the wheel for a high performance, safer, comfortable commuter, you would be right there smack in the middle.

Would be interesting if a 25kg, 1800wh, light durable uncomplicated suspension (not for high jumps but forvery light trails), decent torque, 60-70 kmh top speed came into the scene, with all practical accesories for everyday use.

EUCs are great for versatiity yet the market insists in offering specialization and rapid iteration/change instead of practicality and reliability, its partially understandable because technology is advancing in that regard, more noticeble than bicycles to cite a obvious example, but its too much inclined to that tendency

Anyways, both X-ways seem to be interesting wheels, looking forward to seeing what improvements/differences they have with other wheels like the Lynx or the Et max or the Blitz. A price would be nice to know.

Performance don't come from thin air, more performance = higher voltage = more battery cells = more weight.

1800Wh = 100V.

45 minutes ago, Manoloco said:

Heck yeah it would!  But unless something new pops up I'm thinking the X-way 134V is now looking like the best choice for my next purchase.

14 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Performance don't come from thin air, more performance = higher voltage = more battery cells = more weight.

1800Wh = 100V.

The MSP is a 1800 Wh, 100V, 24S4P.   Could you not build a battery that's 1800 Wh, 200V, 48S2P?

Edited by MacGyverCanada
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

Heck yeah it would!  But unless something new pops up I'm thinking the X-way 134V is now looking like the best choice for my next purchase.

The MSP is a 1800 Wh, 100V, 24S4P.   Could you not build a battery that's 1800 Wh, 200V, 48S2P?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1