Begode X-Way: 168V 20" 3000wh trail wheel

Ronin

• Ronin changed the title to Begode X-Way: 168V 20" 3000wh trail wheel

41kg for which variant though? First he said two variants 134V 2400Wh and 168V 3000Wh but then only one weight number..

• Upvote 1

Better screen, higher voltage, more torque, higher free spin speed. 

At the expense of 5kg heavier. 

This wheel seems like a better race wheel than the blitz unless I'm missing something. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Vince.Fab said:

Well, we're going to find out how it does in the Az desert.  There's some interesting adjustments that can be made on the suspension linkage.

Looking forward to your thoughts @Vince.Fab on how well the "stock" suspension fairs & if you feel it needs any of your "magic sauce" interventions!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

So Blitz has HS motor and this has a HT motor?

correct. I'm trying to hear directly from BG what kind of motor it is (awaiting a repsonse) - most likely a c36 like the ET Max, but we shall see. Since it's designed as a "trail wheel", then they might ahve bumped it up to a c40.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince.Fab said:

I've already been told that there are improvements.  It looks like they changed up the linkage a bit.  Also I'm really hoping for some sort of dust seal but these might be bumpstops in the pictures.  Time will tell. 

I only make parts to solve problems, and I'll likely put several hundred miles on the stock machine to really get a feel for what's needed.  There's already room for a stronger and thinner H Brace with roller bearings.  Ide love 170mm travel if possible.  Going to be interesting riding it back to back with the 150mm Extreme.

Good thing our riding season is just starting here!

Screenshot_20240930_212253_Video Player.jpg

Is it just me but just threads holding the rear part of the shock in place isn't that a bit risky and potentially a weakpoint?

Wheel has pretty nice specs!

Maybe its a real Lynx-killer ;)

I was worried when I ordered my Blitz that this wheel would be even lighter. I bet its gonna be a real banger, its just not for me. 

After riding my SS offroad for a long time I wanna go lighter.

2 hours ago, Poker said:

Wheel has pretty nice specs!

Maybe its a real Lynx-killer ;)

I was worried when I ordered my Blitz that this wheel would be even lighter. I bet its gonna be a real banger, its just not for me. 

After riding my SS offroad for a long time I wanna go lighter.

Potentially a lynx killer when it comes to the specs to weight ratio, but likely not when it comes to getting replacement parts a few years down the line. Worth considering, or simply buy 2-3 of the replacement parts you think you will need, when you order the wheel to make sure you can fix it in the future.

I will say that it's looking promising though, overall I'm positively surprised at this wheel. They needed a lynx killer really badly, and considering Leaperkim just released their wheel for the year (Sherman L) Gotway can rest easy, knowing they'll have the Msuper/Jack of all trades throne for at least a year since neither Kingsong nor Inmotion seem to be coming up with something that could realistically take the throne from the Lynx as the Jack of all trades (as in performance to weight ratio) 

I have a feeling this is the next in the Msuper/RS/Master lineup which I've always just classified as Jack of all trade wheels... Calling it the flagship wouldn't be correct, as that's typically something like Monster/Master Pro.
For me the ET MAX never made it into either category as the performance to weight ratio was not impressive enough for either. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

It's a Begode killer, they're killing off previous models.

Very, Very, recently released models at that!

• Like 1

Why does everything new have to be a Lynx killer?. Each wheel is different, wheels are about feel more than anything. My L isn’t better than my Lynx spec wise, but is prefer to ride that. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

correct. I'm trying to hear directly from BG what kind of motor it is (awaiting a repsonse) - most likely a c36 like the ET Max, but we shall see. Since it's designed as a "trail wheel", then they might ahve bumped it up to a c40.

From the freespin I guess it's the same C36 as ET Max, and I have no idea why they even did that

C36 in ET Max is yes, considered HT motor, but its speed capabilities are larger than that of C40 afaik, and less torque. They should've made an updated C40 with a better rim

Oh, and I REALLY hope Begode will fucking listen to us and put a PROPER tubeless rim, because the shit that is in Master4/ET Max/Blitz is basically the same, ET/Blitz are only a bit stronger afaik and also painted, no "shelves" on the rim for keeping the bead in place. Because if not - their engineers are fucking cooked

I find it funny that ewheels sold ET Maxes with tubeless installation, which is plain and simple - unsafe to ride

Edited by Voltangle
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fbhb said:

Very, Very, recently released models at that!

i don't think that the 134V version will "kill" the blitz

1. Blitz looks cooler with those LED lights
  2. Blitz is still a bit lighter
  3. They only make 134V version of X-Way so they can get around the dealer lock-in of ewheels and basically sell the "blitz but in a different wrap" anywhere they want

that's as far as I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong

6 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

This is Begode's M.O.: they have a parts bin and iteratively upgrade certain parts as time goes on - until they decide it's time for a design language and parts bin refresh. I think it's smart and a good route to take, but it understandably infuriates some customers because this strategy invariably results in a new wheel release every 5 minutes with a small upgrade over the last.  But over time, as you look back over the course of a year or two, what was Begode's hot new wheel has evolved by leaps and bounds. What seems like a recycle when looking at it in one way is in fact a major upgrade when taking a step back and looking at the big picture. This is what the ET Max and Blitz should have been in the first place, and I think this wheel (by having 2 voltage options) will effectively "kill" interest in lesser-specced wheels... IF Begode nails it with all the rest of the important "non-spec" things, such as reliability, build quality, ride feel, etc.

It may seem smart until you realize there are small variations on all the parts and that they don't fit together, suddenly parts for version 4 of the same model doesn't fit version 1 or 2, customer is sent the updated parts and left with a problem to solve that they didn't even think about.

Edited by Rawnei

1 hour ago, Skampster said:

The problem with begode is that they don’t “build” like a Leaperkim, regardless of performance.

I think there are people with different schools of thought here.

One would think this would deter people from wanting Begode wheels. 

However, as I have found out, there people who would gladly buy Begode wheels time and time again. And these folks could be experienced, skilled riders with a technical background. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1