Ronin

8 minutes ago, Robse said:

In case of cruise control, you can not have 2 cruise controls working at same time.  An EUC already has one cruise control, the rider.

Yeah, ik. I do it every single day. They asked for brainstorming, so I was just trying to think of something new and different, and I do get a little tired of pushing for miles at a time, but no biggie. I still love euc.

13 minutes ago, o u euc 2 said:

Yeah, ik. I do it every single day. They asked for brainstorming, so I was just trying to think of something new and different, and I do get a little tired of pushing for miles at a time, but no biggie. I still love euc.

Don't take it personally, us oldheads are just tired of teaching the basics of EUC constantly :lol:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

Don't take it personally, us oldheads are just tired of teaching the basics of EUC constantly :lol:

Yeah, let's stick to no brainers like making the tire easier to change. That's more practical.

Solid, good light, USB ports, speakers, suspension, fast easy tire changes and all around Maintenance friendly💯 

I like the idea of having a water tight plug between the motor and mother board for easier motor removal.

Edited by o u euc 2

15 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Guys come on, cruise control obviously isn’t possible if you know anything about how e-wheels work.

Like the same way tiltback is not possible?

1 minute ago, o u euc 2 said:

Like the same way tiltback is not possible?

Not remotely the same thing, I will chime in with the rest and tell you it's a self-balancing vehicle and it only moves because rider is giving it input to sustain balance, if you want to make it easier to move forward then set a forward lean angle on the pedals.

• Like 1

In a car, the car's computer can alter throttle and braking, independently, without the driver's constant attentively real time inputs.

On an euc, how can the controller moves the rider's CoG forward and backwards without the rider's involvement to accelerate or brake respectively in a controlled manner? 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

They can't afford to put on decent CNC pedals and you talking about axial flux motors..

Just making reliable, light and fast wheel with linkage system, not like begode has, is already a win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/24/2024 at 4:15 AM, NOSFET Electric Dreams said:

I understand the pedals are not the most exciting thing of this wheel for some....

I am suprised you are not building hype up, and letting this be mistery.  Lets hope you are too busy with design decisions :D

for me, a new wheel created by riders should have a rim that can be separated from the electric motor.  I imagine that I would have a total of 3 rims for the wheel and on each of them a different tire, knobby road and winter.  If necessary, the rim with a tire on it could be changed within 30 minutes.   And if I can continue to dream, I would still like to have several adjustable driving modes in the application for the wheel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lu2x said:

I would have a total of 3 rims for the wheel and on each of them a different tire, knobby road and winter. 

That is an interesting idea... but the wheel contains the motor so not easy.  So keep the motor on the wheel but unmount the rim at the spokes?

7 hours ago, lu2x said:

for me, a new wheel created by riders should have a rim that can be separated from the electric motor.  I imagine that I would have a total of 3 rims for the wheel and on each of them a different tire, knobby road and winter.  If necessary, the rim with a tire on it could be changed within 30 minutes.   And if I can continue to dream, I would still like to have several adjustable driving modes in the application for the wheel.

Buy 3x motors - even faster change.. Problem? I seriously thought about buying second motor, so i could have 1x summer, 1x winter setup. No need to change tire, etc.. (I'm lazy)

But yeah - this idea is alright.

9 hours ago, lu2x said:

Adam's (wrongway) friend Serge has done this so you could go DIY.  You don't need different modes, just different diametre rims. Large for cruising/speed. Medium for normal and small for super torque.

• Upvote 1

Brilliant plan... and so, we arrive at the reason why so many EUCers end up owning multiple wheels.

And zero changeover tinkering thrown in to boot.

7 hours ago, MacGyverCanada said:

That is an interesting idea... but the wheel contains the motor so not easy.  So keep the motor on the wheel but unmount the rim at the spokes?

exactly like that.  The entire motor, including the stator, remains on the wheel.  It would be enough to loosen a couple of screws that hold the rim to the engine and remove the entire rim with the tire.  Next, I take the second rim with the mounted and inflated tire, tighten the screws.  For example, on a lynx, removing the battery from the side where there is no cable to the engine and then changing the tire mounted on the rim would be the end for a few minutes.  No more laborious and time-consuming tire changing.

Screenshot_20241008-165121.png

• Like 1

They're not considering input given for things like pedals and mudguard so I think we can shelve the more advanced suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Is it worth it?

You will be increasing unsprung mass.

Increase complexity and cost, and add another point of possible failure. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

They're not considering input given for things like pedals and mudguard so I think we can shelve the more advanced suggestions.

they certainly won't change anything on the wheel now that production is in full swing.         I hope this will not be the last wheel from Nosfet and that our designs will be used for the next wheel.

57 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Is it worth it?

Increase complexity and cost, and a another add another point of possible failure. 

Exactly. Absolute no go.

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

Is it worth it?

Increase complexity and cost, and add another point of possible failure. 

I could see it a benefit to cheaper fixes of a bend rim. And as suggested faster way to do a tyre swap with potential less risk of cable damage. 

The downside is how to avoid a unbalanced unit and avoid a gab between motor and rim. I doubt it would mean much of extra weight.

It do also open up for a choice of more exotic rim material for aftermarket for those willing to spend more money to get less unspun mass. 

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I think that is a fair point. 

I understand that for some mudguards matter not. But to me a bad design for something that is more for look than actual up to the task it should do is an odd choice. 

Imho do it right or don't do it at all. But a proper mudguard is not unreasonable feature of a 2025+ EUC in my book.

Sure, those would be the main arguments from the proponents. 

Without an actual design to evaluate, I am not seeing a cost effective solution at the moment. 

I can literally drop the motor in about ten minutes on my S22.

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

It do also open up for a choice of more exotic rim material for aftermarket for those willing to spend more money to get less unspun mass. 

People are already complaining about the cost of new wheels as is.

If I were a manufacturer, I certainly would not be the first one to do it.