Ronin

14 hours ago, Manoloco said:

I'm not in their target customer, but i would take it over the Lynx/ET Max for the considerably longer suspension travel, ability to set suspension travel and height, wider tyre clearance, balance, less weight, i also like the looks of the Apex a more than the Lynx and the ET Max.

The cons (that you didnt ask for, i know) mostly are about elements that needed to be removed in their use and design objective, so I'm not counting them (trolley handle, easiness of installing a seat)

So they removed the trolley handle? why? its barely any weight to have a trolley handle have you see the inmotion v14 handle that thing is flimsy, or the S19 tiny handle they barely weigh anything. I love having a trolley handle on my wheels, what if something happens and you can ride it home lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kintips said:

So they removed the trolley handle? why? its barely any weight to have a trolley handle have you see the inmotion v14 handle that thing is flimsy, or the S19 tiny handle they barely weigh anything. I love having a trolley handle on my wheels, what if something happens and you can ride it home lol

I like the Wheel in concept and ideas, its appearance too, its interesting, but we are not their target customer, they announced its a racing track and trail wheel, its understandable in those parameters, maybe apex 02? or maybe thats where they know the wont eat many Lynx sales?

Hope this helps bring other wheels prices down, too

15 minutes ago, kintips said:

Then get a Lynx.

This wheel is a Lynx but with a heavy off-road bias. You clearly don't seem to get that this wheel isn't for you if the existence of a stock trolley handle is something you so desperately need.

They removed the trolley handle because where is it going to go? They would have to design the wheel around an integrated handle, or make some crappy solution that bolts on just for people to remove anyway. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Rawnei said:

For the 150mm suspension travel so that we can adjust it to the lowest setting.

Hmm, do you think that there are riders who don't like 310mm pedal hight on a 20" wheel? 

I think that must be awesome to ride. 🤣

310mm!!! smh 

49 minutes ago, Skampster said:

IMO, if they want to show the world this wheels durability, send one to Wrong Way, love or hate him, he’ll beat the crap out of it. If it passes his use case, it’ll do alright. 

Well not that it matters much but to me Wrong Way influencer is way over rated imho. Also while some might like him he has been wrong on several occasions. 

In this regard I actually value @NOSFET Electric Dreams aka Jack with much higher standards. And he actually have shown he can evaluate a product without being totally biased. To me it works much better not only to ask for more "performance" numbers but more what actually works and that markets deal with multiple target groups.

That said, not all would buy a Lynx, and talk about a Lynx killer do therefor not make any sense to me. What do make sense is talking value point or unique selling points. And here are some key point that has to be in the check box for me, not the same for all yet most would probably like it.

• Easy service design language. (I am thinking V11 vs V14). 
  • Cell by cell montering BMS, with good balance design.
  • Water/weather/ dust proofing and proper certified rating and tests.
  • Wide option of tire choices this means that there room for off-road and studded tires.
  • A good trolly option preferably a scorpion style durable and sturdy design. (I know this might not come built in, but thought on how to add it is a must, since I do a lot of shopping by EUC).
  • I rather sacrifice top speed for lower weight. I will never go past 50 kmh anyway so no need for a 150kmh design. And with high speed models risk becomes much higher to police confiscating the EUC in the EU.

Now some point that would be nice

• A last mile option mini version in weight and top performance. Yet having the above.
  • Built in theft alarm or security option, eg tracking. But also good lock option.
  • Smart place lift button option.
  • As little special screws or bolts and no self cutting screws. As few size difference as possible. This is to limit needed tools for service. Hex or torx (internal head) preferably. (I understand that some might like stainless steel screws, but they often have 2 problems, they are non-magnetic so assembly cost risk of going up due to long assembly time in factory, and they are ofte brittle so if force is applied they tend to break).
  • Display matter less for me.So it is a weight saving fix leaving this out.
  • Being able to connect it got wifi for app monitoring and charging control. Even make an access point option to have app connected though wifi instead of BT. 
  • Being able to pair bt headset / speaker to the EUC directly to be able to hear alarms.
  • Super simple maintenance (read as at little possible need of) of the suspension.

I could be wrong but I doubt that super high speed EUC sell is as high number as a practical model that can cover 80-90% of riders needs a n 95% of their rides. If compared to cars one might like a Koenigsegg super car but a good quality SUV would be more use to me.

This is however unlikely to change the Apex much but maybe some ideas can be takes away from this @NOSFET Electric Dreams.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I could be wrong but I doubt that super high speed EUC sell is as high number as a practical model that can cover 80-90% of riders needs a n 95% of their rides. If compared to cars one might like a Koenigsegg super car but a good quality SUV would be more use to me.

You're spot-on.  I'm just here waiting for a new Subaru Forester to get released...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well not that it matters much but to me Wrong Way influencer is way over rated imho. Also while some might like him he has been wrong on several occasions.

Like I said, like him or not, and I’m not a big fan myself, and agree he’s wrong a lot, but he’s one of the better riders out there and you can’t argue that, and he has the ability to actually give a wheel as hard of a time more than most. 

Just now, Skampster said:

Like I said, like him or not, and I’m not a big fan myself, and agree he’s wrong a lot, but he’s one of the better riders out there and you can’t argue that, and he has the ability to actually give a wheel as hard of a time more than most. 

Maybe yet from past tests and review I am pretty sure @NOSFET Electric Dreams can push the product to its limits. He has done this in the past with different brands. And that @Jason McNeil is in on it to as a reseller it should hold some quality standards otherwise I doubt Jason would sell it. 

I also think the time Jack spend as KS rep gave him a fair bit of insight to what to avoid.

14 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Maybe yet from past tests and review I am pretty sure @NOSFET Electric Dreams can push the product to its limits. He has done this in the past with different brands. And that @Jason McNeil is in on it to as a reseller it should hold some quality standards otherwise I doubt Jason would sell it. 

I also think the time Jack spend as KS rep gave him a fair bit of insight to what to avoid.

So you would trust the manufacturer's stress testing over a 3rd parties? I hope this is Jack's redemption wheel but as an S22 owner I can tell you that the whole launch was diabolical. 

The Apex is built for a purpose. You don't fit the purpose and frankly with no disrespect, Jack hasn't demonstrated amazing off-road stunts that are of the level people mean by stress testing. This wheel isn't for you. What needs to be evaluated is it's ability to handle huge drops whilst the suspension mechanisms remain unscathed. 

34 minutes ago, PourUC said:

So you would trust the manufacturer's stress testing over a 3rd parties? I hope this is Jack's redemption wheel but as an S22 owner I can tell you that the whole launch was diabolical. 

The Apex is built for a purpose. You don't fit the purpose and frankly with no disrespect, Jack hasn't demonstrated amazing off-road stunts that are of the level people mean by stress testing. This wheel isn't for you. What needs to be evaluated is it's ability to handle huge drops whilst the suspension mechanisms remain unscathed. 

First of, as for KS S22 I doubt Jack had the final say despite corporating with development of this model. 

And Jack state he is not working alone on the Apex. 

And yes you are correct the Apex is not a model target towards me as a rider. It would take a lot for me to invest in a new EUC when I am happy with my V14.

As for Jason he always have inputs for quality to minimise what he spots of problem or potentially risks for unnecessary service that both cost money/time/relationship trust. This is not the same as al things are iron out, but it take away some of potential problems.

Depending on who is the "3rd party" that is depending what value I take any review or testing result/ info into account. There are a few (5 or 6 that I never waste my time on anymore) that what they have of options or agenda is not matching what I seek. Others like @Marty Backe are not having my views either but I understand his way of reviewing and take away some things.

Imho @NOSFET Electric Dreams have an interest in this model comes out as good as it can. Some design choices are very likely to be made.

But at this stage I doubt much would change. And I am not the target buyer. That is not the same that another model will not be made from them. 

But time will tell how this is taken onboard by riders and feedback that drive development of next model or updated design.

Edited by Unventor

9 minutes ago, Skampster said:

lol, so every wheel ewheels sells is perfect then?

I didn't say that. But I would like to have a reseller like him with his contribution in my region or local country. Unfortunately I don't have that.