Ronin

Forget the handlebar, what you're wanting is a trailer for your camping gear.

You could, of course drape your pack over the trolley handle but having once gotten on the pedals with the handle extended, I had visions of impalement at the thought of riding like that.

Edited by mmk

1 minute ago, mmk said:

just a support to hold the backpack upright while the bottom of the backpack rests on top the EUC. Retractable even. 

39 minutes ago, mmk said:

You could, of course drape your pack over the trolley handle but having once gotten on the pedals with the handle extended, I had visions of impalement at the thought of riding like that.

yeah something like a rugged, retractable front trolly handle would probably work, especially if it slanted forward a bit away from the wheel, so that my backpack would be leaning off the front of the wheel a bit and give me  more room on top of the wheel.

OK.

It is sounding more and more like Nosfet.com is close as it gets for a westerner to start an euc company.

From what I heard, the principal founder grew up in the west (or at least lived in the west) and moved to China to get involved in the euc business. 

He was an employee of an existing euc company. 

Like @WheelGoodTime mentioned, he is known and is active in our euc community.

I think he did his homework, so the Apex-01 should be an exciting wheel.

Of course proof will be on the pudding.

But still, it is sounding more promising. 

Excited now to learn more about the Apex-01.

I am intrigued. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, techyiam said:

OK.

It is sounding more and more like Nosfet.com is close as it gets for a westerner to start an euc company.

From what I heard, the principal founder grew up in the west (or at least lived in the west) and moved to China to get involved in the euc business. 

He was an employee of an existing euc company. 

Like @WheelGoodTime mentioned, he is known and is active in our euc community.

I think he did his homework, so the Apex-01 should be an exciting wheel.

Of course proof will be on the pudding.

But still, it is sounding more promising. 

Excited now to learn more about the Apex-01.

I am intrigued. 

Sounds as close to a specific person as his color palette of his logo matches that of Nosfet, as well as the very familiar background lighting of the teaser shot 😏

3 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I'm curious to see if they can beat the other manufacturers when it comes to power/weight ratio. 

Doubtful. I can't see how there are significant gains too be made without massive cost (like carbon fiber rims, motor covers, pedal hangers and pedals, magnesium), sacrifices (no suspension or an extremely rudimentary one) or as yet non-available technology (like solid state batteries or axial flux motors in outrunner configuration).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

Sounds as close to a specific person as his color palette of his logo matches that of Nosfet, as well as the very familiar background lighting of the teaser shot 😏

Talk is cheap. And he actually walked the walk.

Personally, I think this is a valiant undertaking. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

And if Kuji is involved as well, anticipation levels rising.

Kuji is recognized as an experienced euc enthusiast from the early days. Wasn't he one of the power pads pioneers?

His involvement could lend more credibility to a good riding wheel. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

The website domain was registered in Canada by Jack Hsu (a.k.a Electric Dreams)

God, NO! I don’t trust him! He is the worst guy to start an euc company. Hsiang had a company called the Mosfet, so my mind made the link and thought he is somehow involved. But can they pull this off?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Electric Dreams said:

Ouch! Why don't you trust me? What can I do to regain your trust? 

Hsiang is not part of the company, the names are similar but we named the company from inspiration:
NOS= Nitrous 
FET= Mosfet

Simply the fact that new EUC company appears and tries to make a new wheel is encouraging for the future of EUC.

Make an exceptional wheel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Electric Dreams said:

What can I do to regain your trust? 

Share info about it in all design stages, work with the community to make a wheel for them, and opensource design so we can fix/upgrade it outside China!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paul g said:

God, NO! I don’t trust him! He is the worst guy to start an euc company. Hsiang had a company called the Mosfet, so my mind made the link and thought he is somehow involved. But can they pull this off?

:lol:

Now I'm curious. Seems like a knowledgeable dude to me. 

3 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Share info about it in all design stages,

Companies in competition within a quickly developing, niche market sector cannot do that and keep any sort of competitive edge. Sharing info like that is basically providing R&D services to the competition for free.  Sure, sharing info would be nice for the community, but it would almost certainly kill the company in short order.

1 hour ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Companies in competition within a quickly developing, niche market sector cannot do that and keep any sort of competitive edge. Sharing info like that is basically providing R&D services to the competition for free.  Sure, sharing info would be nice for the community, but it would almost certainly kill the company in short order.

I think it is simpification of situation. Ther is no secret "know-how" about making EUC, for majority it is magical device, but from SW point it is just some PID loops + some filters. From HW it is motor + drive+ battery + CPU + imu. 

I don't see any big SW advances in EUC scene in last year. If you check opensource VESC onewheel project they have more features then we do now.

Never under-estimate skills of your customers ! A lot of riders are either IT guys or engineers.  Anyway I would love to see product I could keep for multiple years and be servicable, as car. I know I am in minority :D

Edited by daniel1234

9 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:

Anyway I would love to see product I could keep for multiple years and be servicable, as car. I know I am in minority

hmm, are you? These are reasonable desires.

Weatherproofing AND repairability is a problem I think. You can do either or. 

As an example, if you make bearing swaps easy it's also going to allow the motor to become contaminated easier etc. 

I think that U.S. euc manufacture can at best be some sort of diy assembly kit, to get around the liability issue. If you assemble your own euc then you built it and you take resposability for its safety.

2 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I don't see any big SW advances in EUC scene in last year. 

The Sherman L can still keep balance with the hall sensor disconnected. Thats pretty huge if it fails far from home or civilization.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1