Ronin

It would be great if they manage to succeed, but based on new from the ground up releases of new wheels from the past the odds are against them, since many new from the ground up wheels had serious early batch issues, or the wheels not being what the buyers were looking for, ending up ruining the wheels sales potential. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It would be great if they manage to succeed, but based on new from the ground up releases of new wheels from the past the odds are against them, since many new from the ground up wheels had serious early batch issues, or the wheels not being what the buyers were looking for, ending up ruining the wheels sales potential. 

The latest new euc maker ive seen with a wheel was Leaperkim. It's a bit exciting to see a new one. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

This is very exciting news! Where did you hear about it? I'd like to learn more. I can't find any info online about it - any idea if this manufacturer is China based or not?

I can't communicate much more than what ive passed here for now. But they will provide more infos soon. Specs are good. 

Edited by Ronin
  • Upvote 1

I don't care who they are. I care that they deliver actually good quality wheel/s. Like Leaperkim and down the road (If they don't fail) something in last mileage category would be amazing and welcomed to so empty and forgotten market segment. (Literally ZERO wheels to choose from.)

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Furthermore, this person is extremely well spoken and communicates easily and effectively in english, which I feel will be an outstanding asset for marketing and troubleshooting purposes. Knowing who is at the helm, I am beyond excited to see what the future holds for Nosfet!

Thanks for sharing. 

That does sound encouraging. 

So this new company is founded by people who weren't employees of existing euc manufacturers? 

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I just chatted a little bit with Nosfet. Not a ton of details to provide, at least publicly. They should be announcing this wheel officially in the next week to week and a half. 

I've also done some detective work and found out at least one of the people in charge. Here's a hint, you probably know about him already if you are an EUC enthusiast. There's a few other people that are prominent in the EUC community that I am about 98% sure are founding members of this company. That said, the person who I have already gotten 100% confirmation about is extremely in tune with the wants and desires of the EUC community. Furthermore, this person is extremely well spoken and communicates easily and effectively in english, which I feel will be an outstanding asset for marketing and troubleshooting purposes. Knowing who is at the helm, I am beyond excited to see what the future holds for Nosfet!

Jack (Wen Huai) :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Esash said:

I wish some brand, like a new brand, would finally incorporate handlebars of some kind. 

poster for State of Decay video game, except the main character is riding and jumping in the air on an electric unicycle in the woods while carrying his backpack and gun

You can't retrieve the rifle parts from your backpack and assemble them on the fly if you have handlebars.

The real "Stat of Decay" looks like -4 INT for whatever AI created this image.

Nice to hear that Nosfet has someone with +2 CHA at the helm!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2cells1pack said:

Exciting! More competition = better wheels! 

Can't wait for more information to release.

dont get too excited i would think... unless its using some new battery tech that is lighter and more powerful,  unless its using a firmware that has been totally debugged and reliable (meaning wont put your face into the pavement), unless its not a pig on the weight scale,  unless it doesnt look anything like a leaperkim or kingsong product,  unless it doesnt cost your first born,  then MAYBE, it will be an interesting euc...

being a cynic, im guessing that its more of the same.  the only thing i could think of that would make it revolutionary is perhaps a much lower entry price than what is the norm these days.  marketing people dont really have much to work with when it comes to electric unicycle promotion.  and the greed of manufacturers cannot be masked by imaginative video camera work, video effects, and editing.  and lastly,  the never ending train of future video reviewers of this new euc;  we can always depend on these postings to tickle our fancy with their specs and opinions...

im not totally negative about this new company;  i too want to see what they are about and their mission statement.  im just not sure whether they can produce something is genuinely unique and revolutionary compared to what is currently available. 

41 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

You can't retrieve the rifle parts from your backpack and assemble them on the fly if you have handlebars.

while the rider is fumbling around his equipment, he will already be a victim of a sniper anyways...

49 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

sherlock holmes here figured out I didn't paint this with oils in 2 minutes.

The thing about handle bars is you could drape your backpack over them so that your backpack basically sits on top of the EUC. Lower center of gravity than on your back, and takes the entire load off your back, also allowing you to pack more weight than you otherwise might.

AND also of course, your backpack would be extremely accessible and right in front of you, draped on the back of the handlebars and your torso/hips would lean pressed against the backpack.