Leaperkim Sherman L 151V 4000wh 20" 102lbs

51 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

What exactly do you want me to explain and why are you asking me?

Sherman L is just a Lynx with bigger batteries.

Tbh, you've demonstrated a passionate amount of knowledge for the Veteran wheels, providing guides on the suspension, and even defenses for their voltage and wattage choices.  I think the reason why I and many others ask you questions is because we find you reputable. Totally understand if that gets burdensome though.

1 hour ago, YCC said:

How do you explain that the motor of Sherman L is same as Lynx? It seems they are not going to equip the motor of higher power.

Taking a whack at this, it's not all about power, it's how you use the power you have. Leaperkik have suggested they wound their motor wires differently to get better torque response. While this could just be marketing words, I believe there are ways to make a motor with the same power potential have better efficiency. Furthermore how the control board channels power from the batteries to the motor could be slightly different too. Leaperkim is very calculated in their conservativeness. By that, I mean that they don't make huge increases in specs if they don't feel they need to.  So, their use of the same spec for the motor may mean they are confident they can improve on the Lynx in other ways.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I have heard conflicting reports about the SL's motor having more torque and acceleration compared to the lynx, something to do with the way the copper is wound in the motor. But then I hear that they are exactly the same motor. Honestly it's driving me crazy that I can't get a straight answer from the few people who have ridden it 😂

I’m betting on them being the exact same. No point in doing two 3200w motors and then trying to sell people on the idea that there is a difference, since most people only stare at numbers, hence the voltage race we are in.

But we will know as soon as someone cracks it open and we can compare it visually. Placebo is also a thing so it might be hard for people to say if there is a difference or not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anthraksi said:

Placebo is also a thing so it might be hard for people to say if there is a difference or not.

This is probably what will happen. You will have certain people saying they feel a difference, certain people will claim the opposite or worse. In the end the 2 wheels are shaped differently, weigh different, have weight distributed differently, etc. Even if there is a prove able difference in either direction it will probably be mostly subjective or a moot point for most riders interested in either of these wheels. 

3 hours ago, Anthraksi said:

Power ratings are mostly bullshit anyway. But either way its 99% certain that the motor and basically everything (except the battery) is the same as the Lynx.

But I guess you can ride the L harder for a longer period of time, especially with 50s cells. 6p batteries sag less than the 4p ones and can output more power at lower voltages as well.

I can not confirm but source on telegram says they have improved the controller design as well to get rid of EMI.

3 hours ago, Duster said:

Tbh, you've demonstrated a passionate amount of knowledge for the Veteran wheels, providing guides on the suspension, and even defenses for their voltage and wattage choices.  I think the reason why I and many others ask you questions is because we find you reputable. Totally understand if that gets burdensome though.

Oh I don't mind but I have no contact at LK or such so I can't answer their train of though about design choices or specs of motor, can just speculate like the rest. 😊

But from what I can tell it's just a bigger battery Lynx with some QoL improvements.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I have heard conflicting reports about the SL's motor having more torque and acceleration compared to the lynx, something to do with the way the copper is wound in the motor. But then I hear that they are exactly the same motor. Honestly it's driving me crazy that I can't get a straight answer from the few people who have ridden it 😂

Eh not sure how people would conclude such a thing, Lynx is already so insanely torquey that it feels like standing in an escalator going up a steep incline. 😁

The EUC Pull Force test would show us the truth.

6 minutes ago, Paul g said:

47kg, not 46 as stated.

It's 46.5kg.

Stated was actually 46.5kg- my bad, but they put it on the scale and it showed 47kg.

edit: could also be an approximation of their measuring device

Edited by Paul g

So does the motor have 3000W or 5000W? I keep seeing these two number and nobody seem to know exactly. The official spec sheet says it has 3.000W but that seems kinda lame with a 4kWh battery and 50S cells. My EX20 has a 3kW motor, and that's with with a 3.600Wh battery with the old 50E cells.

48 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

So does the motor have 3000W or 5000W? I keep seeing these two number and nobody seem to know exactly. The official spec sheet says it has 3.000W but that seems kinda lame with a 4kWh battery and 50S cells. My EX20 has a 3kW motor, and that's with with a 3.600Wh battery with the old 50E cells.

It's probably the same motor as the Lynx which is the strongest wheel on the market.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Officially it's 3200, according to their documentation. But it is weird that I keep seeing 5000 occasionally, even to this day. Weird weird weird.

5 hours ago, Rawnei said:

It's probably the same motor as the Lynx which is the strongest wheel on the market.

“the strongest”  of what ? Do you mean battery capacity, motor power, suspension, or shell of wheel?

20 minutes ago, YCC said:

“the strongest”  of what ? Do you mean battery capacity, motor power, suspension, or shell of wheel?

In terms of pulling force/peak tractive force aka the only scientific way we have of measuring EUC power. Motor wattage means next to nothing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YCC said:

Torque.

21 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Torque.

How to measure the “torque”? As I knew the unit of Newton metre (N.M ) is able to measure the torque, however, few suppliers are willing to tell the torque of their wheel. Kingsong is the first company to tell the torque, followed by Inmotion.

Spec of  Inmotion V14 told us the torque is 200N.M, did Leaperkim tell the N.M of Lynx? 

Edited by YCC

10 minutes ago, YCC said:

How to measure the “torque”? As I knew the unit of Newton metre (N.M ) is able to measure the torque, however, few suppliers are willing to tell the torque of their wheel. Kingsong is the first company to tell the torque, followed by Inmotion.

Spec of  Inmotion V14 told us the torque is 200N.M, did Leaperkim tell the N.M of Lynx? 

See the thread that @xiiijojjo linked, pull force test, that is the best test that we have currently.

V14 specs doesn't mean much, some fantasy numbers, just like motor watts.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

See the thread that @xiiijojjo linked, pull force test, that is the best test that we have currently.

V14 specs doesn't mean much, some fantasy numbers, just like motor watts.

Inmotion V14 also told us that the “Tractive Force” is 850N. Why Leaperkim don’t tell us the figures of torque and tractive force if this measurement matters?  

In respect to the figure means nothing as you said, why should we trust the test from a player and not trust figures the company told us? 

As the test showed us, this test is not from a trustworthy third party firm.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Are you kidding with this?

The manufacturers make up all kinds of numbers and statement, that is called marketing, maybe you should ask them how they came up with the numbers and what it means in reality.

Meanwhile the community came up with an unbiased test that works on all wheels and you have a hard time trusting that?

Well, you are able to sue them misrepresentation or deceiving consumers if you have the opinion of fake number in reality.

1 minute ago, YCC said:

Well, you are able to sue them misrepresentation or deceiving consumers if you have the opinion of fake number in reality.

Yeah good luck with that, so did you find out how they got the numbers? What was their test?

9 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Yeah good luck with that, so did you find out how they got the numbers? What was their test?

We are discussing the torque of Lynx, right?  They did not tell that Lynx has the strongest torque among other wheels.

However, you trust the test from a player that Lynx has strongest torque, and I trust Inmotion V14 has strongest torque since Lynx dare not publish the data of their own test but Inmotion has.