Kingsong King-F22 , the King of High Performance | 155.4V 20" 2738Wh 50S

onkeldanuel

Posted (edited)

Kingsong F22:

(1) Net weight:  About 110 lbs. (50 kg).

(2) Driver board: 36 TOLL Packaged MOSFETs (low resistance) on separate aluminum substrate board (4 Layer Controller Board).

(3) Water Ingress Protection: IPX6.

(4) F22 comes in two versions: (1) Audio version, comes with music system but no additional RGB Lighting below tail light.    (2) Magic Lights version, comes without music system but with RGB Lighting below tail light.

(5) Fast Charging: 20 A

(6) SKF wheel bearings.

(7) C38, Thickened Tile Magnet Motor.

(8) Uses an inner tube.

Not sure if this competes head-on with the Lynx, or the ET Max / GT Pro duo.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, techyiam said:

Kingsong F22:

(4) F22 comes in two versions: (1) Audio version, comes with music system but no additional RGB Lighting below tail light.    (2) Magic Lights version, comes without music system but with RGB Lighting below tail light.

I still think that wheel looks very interesting, but I could wish for at (4).3 No useless crap version. No fancy lights, no sound.  I am a EUC rider.  I enjoy the sound of the world around me while riding, and regarding rgb lights;  All i need is a descent rear and front light.    When will someone make a headlight that can self-adjust in relation to the inclination of the wheel? Citroen used this technique in 1967... mechanically.   Why can't anyone today take into account the current inclination of the wheel?

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Robse said:

I still think that wheel looks very interesting, but I could wish for at (4).3 No useless crap version. No fancy lights, no sound.  I am a EUC rider.  I enjoy the sound of the world around me while riding, and regarding rgb lights;  All i need is a descent rear and front light.    When will someone make a headlight that can self-adjust in relation to the inclination of the wheel? Citroen used this technique in 1967... mechanically.   Why can't anyone today take into account the current inclination of the wheel?

I also don't understand what is driving Kingsong to feel compelled to add RGB lighting and audio extras. I don't use these features, don't want them, nor do I want to pay for them. Moreover, I just don't need this extra hassle that I have to deal with them during disassembly and reassembly when doing repairs. However, adding a clock would be nice. I like, and use the clock on my V12.

If Kingsong can make the F22 ride like a Lynx as oppose to an ET Max, the F22 would be high on my list. I like a wheel that is easy, fun and intuitive to ride, and also has that premium, refined quality feel.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I also don't understand what is driving Kingsong to feel compelled to add RGB lighting and audio extras. I don't use these features, don't want them, nor do I want to pay for them. Moreover, I just don't need the extra hassle having to deal with them during disassembly and reassembly when doing repairs. However, adding a clock would be nice. I like, and use the clock on my V12.

A lot of people utilise those extra features, some people don't and others do. I like having bluetooth speakers on my wheels.

Edited by Frolic0415
  • Like 1

Just now, Frolic0415 said:

A lot of utilise those extra features, some people don't and others do.

Then how come we don't hear the many complaints from owners of Leaper Kim wheels, S22/Pro's, Master's and derivatives, about these features missing from their wheels on line?

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Kingsong F22:

(2) Driver board: 36 TOLL Packaged MOSFETs (low resistance) on separate aluminum substrate board (4 Layer Conroller Board).

(3) Water Ingress Protection: IPx6.

(6) SKF wheel bearings.

(8) Uses an inner tube.

At 110 lbs it barely competes with the ET Max. The Lynx is in totally different class. 110lbs!? 

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Then how come we don't hear the many complaints from owners of Leaper Kim wheels, S22/Pro's, Master's and derivatives, about these features missing from their wheels on line?

Because they either don't buy the wheels for that reason or they don't care enough to the point of complaining online about it. I never said it was a make or break feature, but it's definitely useful to those that want and utilise it. It's not that deep or complicated haha

Just now, Frolic0415 said:

Because they either don't buy the wheels for that reason or they don't care enough to the point of complaining online about it. I never said it was a make or break feature, but it's definitely useful to those that want and utilise it. It's not that deep or complicated haha

But those wheels that I pointed out were the new wheels that sold really well in the last couple of years. They made up most of the non-beginner market.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Stickysock said:

At 110 lbs it barely competes with the ET Max. The Lynx is in totally different class. 110lbs!? 

According to ewheel's website, the ET Max weighs in at 108 lbs, and the GT Pro at 103.6 lbs. Some owners report that their scales show closer to 110 lbs for the ET Max.

Even so, ET Max's weight is similar to that of the V13, but the ET Max is more nimble, and has a lot less inertia and rotational inertia to deal with than the V13.

The Patton rides a lot lighter than it really is. If Kingsong can pull off a similar stunt for the F22, it may be OK.

Edited by techyiam

11 hours ago, Funky said:

I have been having that feeling since 2020 year..

Also don't be like me.. :)

45-50KG

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

Kingsong F22:

(2) Driver board: 36 TOLL Packaged MOSFETs (low resistance) on separate aluminum substrate board (4 Layer Conroller Board).

(3) Water Ingress Protection: IPx6.

(6) SKF wheel bearings.

(8) Uses an inner tube.

Finally a wheel with Toll Mosfets

27 minutes ago, dimos15 said:

Finally a wheel with Toll Mosfets

TO Leadless Package mosfets are supposed to be able to handle very high currents with low R DS(on) (resistance).

Sounds good, but I am not familiar with this technology. 

• Like 1

Ive been looking for a high end wheel. But dam 50kg. I would love it if they shaved down the weight. Just like they did with s18. Remove speakers rgb 2 shocks instead if 4. Use a durable rubber plastic for non essential parts.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kintips said:

Ive been looking for a high end wheel. But dam 50kg. I would love it if they shaved down the weight. Just like they did with s18. Remove speakers rgb 2 shocks instead if 4. Use a durable rubber plastic for non essential parts.

My Abrams with no suspension weighs about 100 lbs, which is about 10 lbs less. It also has about 2700 Wh battery capacity.

The F22 has four suspension struts in addition to a more powerful motor. Also, the Abrams chassis is not very rigid because the structural critical bottom crossmembers were substituted with aluminum alloy ones. Due to the geometrical restrictions, the design could take advantage of the geometry, and thus was less strong and rigid than the original steel ones. If Leaper Kim kept the original steel ones, the Abrams would have been a better wheel.

Edited by techyiam

Posted (edited)

45-50kg weight probably means that this might be dead on arrival unless there is something special about the suspension. Given that they stated the weight that way, I’m inclined to believe that its closer to 50kg than 45kg. The almost identically specced and tried and tested Lynx is 40kg.

I see absolutely no reason for this wheel to exist, since the price will be either close, or identical or even above the Lynx, given that this has 4 stanchions. A day late and a dollar short.

It’s gonna be a wrap for this one especially if LK comes out with the Sherman L rocking a 151v system and 4000wh and weighing the rumored 46kg. 

I do however like the addition of USB-A and C ports, I’d like to see that become a thing. Charging your phone or speakers or whatever while riding makes no impact whatsoever on the total range, so might as well give the option. Also love the included 10A charger, almost eliminates the need for fast chargers.

Edited by Anthraksi

Guys, do you have any idea of the suspension system of F22? How does it work? IMG_1939.thumb.jpeg.b60821e20a4036532d6f4a5b38ff30fc.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthraksi said:

45-50kg weight probably means that this might be dead on arrival unless there is something special about the suspension. Given that they stated the weight that way, I’m inclined to believe that its closer to 50kg than 45kg. The almost identically specced and tried and tested Lynx is 40kg.

I see absolutely no reason for this wheel to exist, since the price will be either close, or identical or even above the Lynx, given that this has 4 stanchions. A day late and a dollar short.

It’s gonna be a wrap for this one especially if LK comes out with the Sherman L rocking a 151v system and 4000wh and weighing the rumored 46kg. 

I do however like the addition of USB-A and C ports, I’d like to see that become a thing. Charging your phone or speakers or whatever while riding makes no impact whatsoever on the total range, so might as well give the option. Also love the included 10A charger, almost eliminates the need for fast chargers.

The fact that the next leaperkim BIG BATTERY wheel weighs as much if not less than the F22 guarantees this will be dead on arrival. 

It's specs are close to the lynx with almost 20lbs more weight.

The Sherman L will weigh less, have more range, and same if not better performance. What sense would it make to buy the F22?

1 hour ago, YCC said:

Guys, do you have any idea of the suspension system of F22? How does it work? IMG_1939.thumb.jpeg.b60821e20a4036532d6f4a5b38ff30fc.jpeg

to me it looks like 4*usd oil filled dampers aka front fork motorcycle x2

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YCC said:

Guys, do you have any idea of the suspension system of F22? How does it work? 

In Leaper Kim or Extreme Bull suspension wheels, you have two suspension struts located centrally, one on each side of the euc. In the F22 case, you have four suspension struts, one at each corner of the euc. A suspension strut is equivalent to one leg of a motorcycle front suspension fork. It would be a sealed, wet lubricated, self-contained unit, with the damping circuit and coil spring inside.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Stickysock said:

What sense would it make to buy the F22?

People buy wheels for lots of different reasons and not just performance. Kingsong wheels have some of the best algorithms in pedal hardness and response to balancing front to back. Might not be the fastest or most powerful but not everyone is looking for that.  If this wheel makes tyre changes easier (which it should) that is a big plus to me, as important as rigidity. Veteran suspension wheels are not that rigid, its been well known since the Sherman S came out. That is not that important to most people hence they buy the Lynx and are very happy and that is fine. To others it's an issue. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kintips said:

2 shocks instead if 4.

Perhaps having 4 spreads the forces and loads on each stanchion which means there is less susceptibility to oil leakage and pressure. Can the weight of the springs used be less or oil more viscous? Is this wheel ideal for heavy riders or bigger jumps/drops? even with less travel? It will be interesting to find out, then we can judge on whether its a good idea or not.

3 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

People buy wheels for lots of different reasons and not just performance. Kingsong wheels have some of the best algorithms in pedal hardness and response to balancing front to back. Might not be the fastest or most powerful but not everyone is looking for that.  If this wheel makes tyre changes easier (which it should) that is a big plus to me, as important as rigidity. Veteran suspension wheels are not that rigid, its been well known since the Sherman S came out. That is not that important to most people hence they buy the Lynx and are very happy and that is fine. To others it's an issue. 

You're right! I agree kingsong has wheels that are very well balanced. I've ridden quite a few wheels (although, i have yet to try a leaperkim/extreme bull wheel that's on my to do list next time I'm at a store). And its always been well balanced, eg not too top heavy etc... Also the tires make a huge difference to balance too, the V12HT knobby tire isn't the greatest i found.