Kingsong King-F22 , the King of High Performance | 155.4V 20" 2738Wh 50S

onkeldanuel

18 minutes ago, EDCampstore said:

don’t think I like the battery cycle spec though:

500 charging cycles with power maintained above 70%

Seems to me it is saying your max battery capacity will fall to 70% after only 500 cycles - That doesn’t seem that great for such a large, expensive battery.

I've not seen the spec sheet but the F22 uses the same batteries as everyone else atm. 500 cycles at 50 miles per cycle is 25000miles before that happens so I don't think you have much to worry about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EDCampstore said:

After looking at the specs, it seems like this wheel is intended as a streeted-out version of the S22. With only 90 mm of travel, and over 100 pounds, you’ll likely be mostly limited to fire roads and non-technical single track. Having said that, with 4 fork tubes, this might end up being one of the most plush street rods available! Like a turbo’d Lincoln town car :)

Seems to me it is saying your max battery capacity will fall to 70% after only 500 cycles - That doesn’t seem that great for such a large, expensive battery.

500 cycles is a lot, years of riding.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EDCampstore said:

Not how it works.. Yes you may loose some battery capacity after 500 cycles (it's 500 0-100% charge.. Even if you charge your wheel at 50% - you will need to charge 2 times to get one cycle.)

It won't be 30% worth of capacity lost. Maybe closer to 5-10%. Instead of riding 100km you will now have 90km range - big difference... (After years of use.)

You only will notice it if you are riding daily and need ALL the range of said wheel. If you are charging your wheel at around 50-70% you won't notice it.

Charge cycles and battery capacity lost isn't worth even talking about. Especially if you don't use all the wheel range in one ride.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

I’m eagerly awaiting a tear down of this wheel. I’m a big fan of the fork style suspension we’ve been seeing, but this may be an even better implementation than the center mounted type. 

It greatly simplifies the battery by merging the 2 packs per side into just 1. It may have other benefits but I’ll have to see how it’s actually constructed and ponder it more. Whether this suspension design up being better or not, I’m glad there are new things being tried to progress these vehicles.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

Battery life of the 50S cell is only so bad if you discharge them at their rated maximum, in one go. If you discharge them at  the same rate as the 50E cells they have even better longevity than those.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/16/2024 at 5:16 PM, Milordas said:

actualy battery life is 300 cycles if not lifepo4. Depends ofc on power its draws from them, the more power, the faster degrading

Actually battery life can be 10000 cycles, or 1 cycle.. (You can choose the number.) Till they stop working and keeping charge.

Wheel will not stop working suddenly when it's battery pack reaches said 300/500 cycles. You can keep charging it for thousand of times. Also there's chance that whole pack will go bad sooner or later because of 1/2 bad cells. Cycles is just a number. It doesn't mean jack shit in real world.

It's more about luck.. One battery pack can go bad after just 1000km ridden. Next guy can keep riding for 30.000km without problems.. Cycles mean jack shit in that moment. All that because of one bad cell.

Edited by Funky

6 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Why is there so much space between the battery area and the tire? Are the battery packs not installed in these photos?

There is an alloy (?) cross piece to which the motor is bolted to in the centre while the ends , front and rear, are connected to the bottom of the suspension. This goes up and down with the motor/wheel. It has to be between the battery and the wheel. Could be thinner if steel but more flexible and probably heavier. 

I have to admire the manufacturers willingness to try new ideas. Do you remember the EX? Hollow motor with suspension inside the hub. Sure some of the ideas seemed half baked but we don't have pressures of production as we sit in our armchairs picking holes in the various concepts.  Personally I like the Falcon and EB Commander mini concepts. 

It is amazing how light the Falcon suspension is yet appear to work well with those steel slider rods stabilizing the movement.

On 7/5/2024 at 3:54 AM, Frolic0415 said:

A lot of people utilise those extra features, some people don't and others do. I like having bluetooth speakers on my wheels.

I wish I can transfer the beep warning to my headphones instand of the beeper speaker -.- that will be so nice

5 hours ago, Triexy said:

I wish I can transfer the beep warning to my headphones instand of the beeper speaker -.- that will be so nice

You already can, using Euc World or darknessbot, just configure whatever alarm you need PWM beeing the most useful, I'd you know what triggers the beeps on the wheel you can set the same in the apps.

2 hours ago, YCC said:

Finally, the teardown of the F22, unveil the structure of suspension.

IMG_2220.jpeg.3a575d6467b8b7276468a026d7ea5cec.jpeg

IMG_2221.thumb.jpeg.6f76a2c6b7d0b281aeab519f9152b60e.jpeg

I have to admit it looks pretty nice, high quality metal, like the lynx. That motor looks beefy. Really curious how this wheel rides. 

3 hours ago, YCC said:

Finally, the teardown of the F22, unveil the structure of suspension.

That backplate that is directly fastened to the axle looks heavy duty, even more so than the one on the S22/Pro. And the few extra rollers should keep the wheel rigid, and reducing bending stresses in the hydraulic struts. 

Edited by techyiam

Those rollers if not just for prototyping purposes will get dirty and grind down pretty fast.

1 hour ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I hope more videos come out soon. I’m pretty excited for this wheel and want to see more tear downs and tests.

+1.