Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

15 minutes ago, techyiam said:

But yours is just an opinion that any John Doe could come to the conclusion to without factual data or racing experience.

How many racing euc's have you built, never mind won races?

If Roger can change motors, you don't think Begode can also do so during prototyping.

Beside their own people, Begode can talk to racers and race teams and let them test them and provide feedback. You think your gut feeling is better than their gather of real racing data.

I think, if I'm wrong, the real question one ought to be asking is: why else would Roger, a winning racer, change to a different (higher torque) motor so quickly?

Edited by WheelGoodTime

10 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I think, if I'm wrong, the real question one ought to be asking is: why else would Roger, a winning racer, change to a different (higher torque) motor so quickly?

I would not know with absolute certainty. Even so, that would only be one data point from one racer. What motors Roger is trying out is nothing that Begode could not do themselves. Maybe Roger is experimenting for himself since he has done this on his own wheels in the past.

At the end of the day, Begode will have the data. And they decide which motor is best suited for the majority of their customers, and thus will be used in production.

12 minutes ago, techyiam said:

At the end of the day, Begode will have the data. And they decide which motor is best suited for the majority of their customers, and thus will be used in production.

I think you meant - which is cheaper to make and available to source the easiest. It's all about the big moolah.. $$$

38 minutes ago, Funky said:

I think you meant - which is cheaper to make and available to source the easiest. It's all about the big moolah.. $$$

If that is the case, they didn't have to use a new motor. It couldn't have been cost alone. They already have a few motors to choose from. Have you seen the latest prices for the T4 Pro, and Master. They go for a song. So, those motors couldn't have been too costly.

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Because the new C32 had too much torque and no top end. They ran it as Wye and not Delta. That’s why the high end speed was so low. :lol:

(Adding to the confusion because no one here has numbers, curves, or even first hand experience so we are wildly speculating)

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

If that is the case, they didn't have to use a new motor. It couldn't have been cost alone. They already have a few motors to choose from. Have you seen the latest prices for the T4 Pro, and Master. They go for a song. So, those motors couldn't have been too costly.

Maybe new motor was cheaper to make? :D Save $$$ in long run..

Nope - In my country prices are completely different.. (tax + own shop tax) A2-1500€, T4 2400€ (non pro), Master 2850€. And i never look at price first. I look what i need, second how well/good it's built and last is the price. As i'm buying wheel once in half a decade, so i don't care if it cost 2000€ or 4000€.

Luckily my "performance" wheel will never cost more than 2500€ ~1000Wh wheel. So i don't need to worry about pricing at all. Same time i would like to own one of these "bigger" amazing wheels and their performance, at lass i don't need wasted performance, which comes with extra weight. :D

I would like to buy Lynx 4.200€. Throw in some 300$ aftermarket pedals, some pads - make it 5000€ on the mark. But then i will need to get proper safety gear also. :D But it's to heavy.. And not needed for daily 3 mile ride on sidewalk.

Edited by Funky
  • Confused 1

If begode already purchased a production run of c32 motors then the first batch will ship with c32 motors. 

I'd bet the next off road wheel will be on this chassis with a c38 or c40. I'll be very interested at that time too! 

The ET Max motor is a C36 Tile motor. This new motor is a C32 Tile motor. I really wouldn't be worried too much about it lacking performance.

20240709_162550.jpg

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
Image upload error

1 hour ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

The ET Max motor is a C36 Tile motor. This new motor is a C32 Tile motor. I really wouldn't be worried too much about it lacking performance.

AP1GczOpK0XRT7SwDnltirzJLdJKTiuqJqi89E9tWhnOrkVdIYyYEUGNoYLZksEluXv78_i2kHwCVlHnN39p7DO4BMffRW7RmEjKS3Pj_giG7_l0qa-GlP2klrF2NY-sehHIQugwba7hISxeL5z_46zgOOEPrXYtLfEtjWFQOVROjnPBCXTlr0kyGvWdv4Evo9tA_f8RKzPst_MXPvy58LyZjaAjWRrx0RGOMO7mlsqAKrXrb79j3J8diGL2M3NWmBjGWLGmyQ8ggbWBEM__Pk71htEuSTKQfrHCX9X6JBSZBXxt7o4CbmnlIeGwAx7c1_Rvz7Y2XvweHovYAi14JzpkRfb_d_B6T8AiOg8_uLh4yEMe0rBcaiBrxWJxwWuriIGgY7L04gg1ChoRTbSNW8nEye1gb99VDrhnkPDSOkglhe173EQMMcURcALHY18nZ-bepnPOBAWBcrGXavBYPraVZEFu_o4Kvzd3P2xqJfbcolUMn-nUipntOIpkLricG3-YVBGh3eyKc2M8AiaWRILgQ8BdflHeoKw5dRsn1ftLuRzHmLEyjadMyLxxoSccja83TkWEImoNKW_yNL8A26iPNjTtet-V4c6QW2Mg71yOy0ST6mG3OOime266vJW85O8uu2zrAMOaXgmIyrUbLOJmON2RyZdS5peHZOawFOBepSXmupwJIWVzGgIBfG3z-34yDx8CRi2Xm7fCu6FYyT8Fg-Vd1WipY2vPGd-wQNnDb3n-EmCgiz9ojmJbn1ARv5zvZM07mWD_FKRgy7-ULp3PSe1rK-K2Lqo-3hYUODhjz1nyr_9et8NlpfEQWljACBqXZrL0hGxeXweNiX2E3TSOVWVgHAsWYoh9O-2PHUJUJjNiTPC3cc0N_yPwO2sBEwFPhsa09kXx_mNtDBJPWA_NIXLRBqMAuWJeuJKZaJarwp-XKb6yE2c9z_3-YhXHTPo=w2173-h978-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Begode has confirmed that the C32 on the Blitz does not use a tile motor.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 1

Interest that it isn't a tile motor. I was going off of Wrongway's video from today. Why would they do a C32 Tile motor on the T4 Max and not this wheel? I watched the disassembly video from Begode showing the motor code is a HP32. I figured it was Tile magnets.

Screenshot 2024-07-12 213535.png

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

If this wheel doesn't perform that will be known very fast,but only after riders test it

It would be great if the EUC manufacturers released as much data as esk8 manufacturers, like controller and motor nominal + burst amps, motor stator size, motor torque ratings and acceleration curve from pressure input. 

That way you can work out the performance of wheels without relying on opinion. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Interest that it isn't a tile motor. I was going off of Wrongway's video from today. Why would they do a C32 Tile motor on the T4 Max and not this wheel? I watched the disassembly video from Begode showing the motor code is a HP32. I figured it was Tile magnets.

Screenshot 2024-07-12 213535.png

Nobody knows...on the presentation stream the question came up and was answered with no tile magnets

The thing is that we don't know what criteria Begode used in selecting the motor for production. There is no point in second guessing.

At the end of the day, Begode needs the race wheel preferred by racers to be a Begode, but most importantly, not for Leaper Kim wheels win most, if not all of the races.

24 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The thing is that we don't know what criteria Begode used in selecting the motor for production. There is no point in second guessing.

At the end of the day, Begode needs the race wheel preferred by racers to be a Begode, but most importantly, not for Leaper Kim wheels win most, if not all of the races.

Absolutely, now for me it would be interesting which kind of tracks they had in mind when it comes to races , i hope not a nascar type oval,  that would explain the specs of the motor 😉

Im very courious on the first tests of real riders, and maybe there is really something special behind theyr choice...(Magnesium covers is perfect! Really nice would be a different winding than usual for example , or more thicker copper wires or something like that, and why no tile magnets while thats theyr new hot sh!t on the ETMAX and also the T4MAX?)

It would have been nice if there had been more detailed explainations about the motor in their stream (this wouldnt had been nescessary, if they chose an well known C38 but it is because they chose an C32 "no tile" ), instead the guy from begode was more fascinated about the light kickstand and also their new airshock, also ok but not what is most interesting for us it seems from this thread 

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

It does have it's benefits compared to the Lynx to be fair. Stock 90/90-14 tire which is a huge upgrade with custom parts on the Lynx. Lighter weight. Better pedals with adjustable pedal height. You are delusional if you don't think they benchmarked it against the Lynx to outperform it.

2 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

It does have it's benefits compared to the Lynx to be fair. Stock 90/90-14 tire which is a huge upgrade with custom parts on the Lynx. Lighter weight. Better pedals with adjustable pedal height. You are delusional if you don't think they benchmarked it against the Lynx to outperform it.

Thats correct, especially the 90-90 tire 

Edited by onkeldanuel

8 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

Absolutely, now for me it would be interesting which kind of tracks they had in mind when it comes to races , i hope not a nascar type oval,  that would explain the specs of the motor 😉

Im very courious on the first tests of real riders, and maybe there is really something special behind theyr choice...(Magnesium covers is perfect! Really nice would be a different winding than usual for example , or more thicker copper wires or something like that, and why no tile magnets while thats theyr new hot sh!t on the ETMAX and also the T4MAX?)

It would have been nice if there had been more detailed explainations about the motor in their stream (this wouldnt had been nescessary, if they chose an well known C38 but it is because they chose an C32 "no tile" ), instead the guy from begode was more fascinated about the light kickstand and also their new airshock, also ok but not what is most interesting for us it seems from this thread 

My hunch is that Begode place a high priority on weight savings, not just to reduce inertia, but also moment of inertia. So, since the magnets are on the rotor of the BLDC motor, Begode may have chosen for a narrower magnet and recover the torque back through other means. After all, they did choose to use magnesium alloy for the motor covers, which are parts of the rotor.

I don't think Begode nor any other competitors would reveal trade secrets in their product promotions. I think what they are willing to tell us is driven by marketing.

• Upvote 2

people are engaged in speculations too much before hearing anything from the actual testers first.. Just wait and see. I for one am more exited about the saved weight than any buzz words like 'tile'. 

Let me ask you. Have anyone actually explained what the F a 'tile' motor is? i might have missed that. But all i know that ET Max is outperformed by EB GT PRO that have the traditional motor. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Drunkard said:

people are engaged in speculations too much before hearing anything from the actual testers first.. Just wait and see. I for one am more exited about the saved weight than any buzz words like 'tile'. 

Let me ask you. Have anyone actually explained what the F a 'tile' motor is? i might have missed that. But all i know that ET Max is outperformed by EB GT PRO that have the traditional motor. 

+1

I don't know what TiLe motor is and i don't give A Duck what it is.. Some idiotic buzz word - nothing more.

Magnets = Magnets..

Edited by Funky

1 minute ago, Funky said:

I don't know what TiLe motor is and i don't give A Duck what it is.. Some idiotic buzz word - nothing more.

Magnets = Magnets..

They are curved magnets and give more surface , so i assume they are stronger for same size, but not sure

5 minutes ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

And reduce the air gap.

Exactly.

The surface at the outer diameter of the steel core of each electromagnet that make up the stator is curved. If the magnet that come close to this surface is flat, then the air gap would be larger. And hence, a magnet with a matching curvature can reduce that air gap, and still have the proper minimum gap separation.

Moreover, the total flux surface area would be increased too.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1