Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

32 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

That is funny, because what I said is that we have different experiences, you are the one who can not cope with that, you disregard my experience and come up with pseudo science that fits your experience and refers to what the "community" thinks to further bolster your opinion.

What you're doing is borderline ruling-technique, it's super ugly.

I speak on behalf of the accumulated experience of the Master and Blitz communities in Telegram, Master group exists since 2021 and everything I say is there in the public domain, as is Blitz. In order not to make footnotes every time, I say we and the community, this does not mean that I appropriate someone else's experience. Reviews on V4 algorithms on different firmware and motors in the Master group, reviews on Blitz race/off-road algorithms are also in the Blitz’s group, come in, get acquainted, we are glad to see everyone ❤️

The Blitz group pin also contains videos of the C32 slipping on well-laid asphalt, on worse asphalt, and on tiles. Please come and learn more about Blitz, don't take my word for it. And thank you EMA for your linkages! The best thing ever made 🥰

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Max B said:
On 8/28/2024 at 9:58 AM, Rawnei said:

Maybe for lighter riders it doesn't make a big difference but for a heavy rider such as myself I can feel a difference between modern wheels actually, we (2 heavy riders) compared EX30 with C40 motor in off-road mode with Lynx for example and could feel the difference, was more effortless with Lynx.

I weigh 240 pounds (110 kg) and I don't like that I have to push Lynx to move, it doesn't roll. EX30 is also difficult, there is not enough dynamics due to inertia, the best and most responsive thing I have tried so far is Master v4. Blitz is clearly superior

The ex30 is slower accelerating wheel than Master v4. There are few reasons for that:

1. current limit: ex30-250A, master v4-280A, blitz -300A

2. Ex30 is heavier than master v4

3. EX30 have slightly faster motor 118km/h freespin vs Master v4 113km/h.

Coming back to blitz there is a temperature sensor in the motor. I am guessing that is because if you push 300A it can build heat quite fast in smaller, lighter motor. So probably there is power limiter in place in case when motor gets to hot. 

4 minutes ago, Rafal said:

The ex30 is slower accelerating wheel than Master v4. There are few reasons for that:

1. current limit: ex30-250A, master v4-280A, blitz -300A

2. Ex30 is heavier than master v4

3. EX30 have slightly faster motor 118km/h freespin vs Master v4 113km/h.

Coming back to blitz there is a temperature sensor in the motor. I am guessing that is because if you push 300A it can build heat quite fast in smaller, lighter motor. So probably there is power limiter in place in case when motor gets to hot. 

It's up to the rider to accelerate, if the wheel is not dipping you can accelerate harder, sure software can assist you to make it easier by leaning the pedals for you but rider can always compensate and tap into the potential that is already there regardless, it will just take more effort.

How fast a wheel can technically accelerate (until it dips) and how much effort the rider perceives it to be are two different things and software behaviour here is probably going to play a bigger role for a lot of riders and their perception.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

It's up to the rider to accelerate, if the wheel is not dipping you can accelerate harder, sure software can assist you to make it easier by leaning the pedals for you but rider can always compensate and tap into the potential that is already there regardless, it will just take more effort.

How fast a wheel can technically accelerate (until it dips) and how much effort the rider perceives it to be are two different things and software behaviour here is probably going to play a bigger role for a lot of riders and their perception.

Same can be said about torque. If it did not dip, you have not tested the torque limit. So you talked against your self a bit earlier when you wrote you could instantly "feel" the difference in torque between two EUCs, but at the same tide write it is impossible regarding acceleration (just lean more if it does not dip or fail).
Same rule applies to torque. Just press harder. Until it dips or fail, you don't know the limit.

Amongst the new top models, I am convinced the main difference most riders "feel" regarding torque if just differences in firmware. And I write most riders, not all riders. Because a few.... there are a few, can actually push it to the limit and test the differences. And I am not only talking about bouncing against an obstical torque. I mean really torque like pushing up a steep hill. If it does not dip, you have not tested the limit.

For myself, I have not even found the limit on my Master yet. And I ride hard. (I have blown fuses, but not found/tested the limit of torque or and acceleration)

Edited by EUCzero
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, EUCzero said:

Same can be said about torque. If it did not dip, you have not tested the torque limit. So you talked against your self a bit earlier when you wrote you could instantly "feel" the difference in torque between two EUCs, but at the same tide write it is impossible regarding acceleration (just lean more if it does not dip or fail).
Same rule applies to torque. Just press harder. Until it dips or fail, you don't know the limit.

Amongst the new top models, I am convinced the main difference most riders "feel" regarding torque if just differences in firmware. And I write most riders, not all riders. Because a few.... there are a few, can actually push it to the limit and test the differences. And I am not only talking about bouncing against an obstical torque. I mean really torque like pushing up a steep hill. If it does not dip, you have not tested the limit.

For myself, I have not even found the limit on my Master yet. And I ride hard. (I have blown fuses, but not found/tested the limit of torque or and acceleration)

The principal is the same yes, but when you climb something steep you can listen to the motor, climbing at low RPM is much more demanding than accelerating on a straight and if it's near it's limit i.e. close to dipping you will hear it (and actually feel the vibrations as well), if the motor is not making any noises you can lean more and accelerate faster up the incline but if the motor is making noises and vibrating naturally you will not even try it because you know it will dip if you push too hard, so you are actually preventing the dip by listening to the feedback of the wheel in this scenario.

Body weight makes a big difference, you are a lightweight rider that is why you haven't found the limit, I think the Blitz would have plenty of torque for you!

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, techyiam said:

The Blitz is now in stock at ewheels.com. 

Hopefully, Blitz owner's first impressions will come out soon.

and my wheel (???) will arrive in 2 month or so. But all on all just in time when riders over there has found out all the shitty things about it ... how I hate this ridiculous delivery times 🙄

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Robse said:

and my wheel (???) will arrive in 2 month or so. But all on all just in time when riders over there has found out all the shitty things about it ... how I hate this ridiculous delivery times 🙄

If you are afraid of people finding shitty things about it doesn't it make more sense to wait? 😅

• Haha 1

Just now, Rawnei said:

If you are afraid of people finding shitty things about it doesn't it make more sense to wait? 😅

yes, but it's just my common rant about us poor (hehe) people living in Europe, having to wait forever 😁 Guess it's the same for every new wheel coming out, and I have yet to see a new wheel without some weird engineering somewhere😉

5 minutes ago, Robse said:

yes, but it's just my common rant about us poor (hehe) people living in Europe, having to wait forever 😁 Guess it's the same for every new wheel coming out, and I have yet to see a new wheel without some weird engineering somewhere😉

Same with the SL, US got the first batch, people in Europe who pre-ordered almost 2 months ago still haven't even got them shipped from China, meanwhile people in the US who pre-ordered theirs the past weeks already have them coming with local delivery. 😫

35 minutes ago, Robse said:

Congrats! 

It's always exciting to ride a new wheel.

The Blitz is a higher speed wheel that is on the lighter side but the chassis feels very sturdy.

Two months shipping time is a bit of a wait.

Personally, I rather wait until all the known issues have been resolved before pulling the trigger. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

I’m one to usually wait for a few batches to cycle through, but with my latest Sherman L purchase, I figured that after the Sherman S, Parton, Lynx and lastly the L, wheels all based on same format, they should have iron-out the issues by now. @Marty Backeshould have come across them by now. 

7 hours ago, Robse said:

Delivered in snow/rain/freeze season :D

Nice weather to test IP666 :efef8189d7:

Edited by InMoOnGoWa75012

1 hour ago, Robse said:

no issues with what wheel?

The post @Marty Backe quoted was in answer to @Skampster's pre-order for the Sherman L and Marty's experience with it so far.

Edited by fbhb

On 8/30/2024 at 7:58 AM, Rawnei said:

The principal is the same yes, but when you climb something steep you can listen to the motor, climbing at low RPM is much more demanding than accelerating on a straight and if it's near it's limit i.e. close to dipping you will hear it (and actually feel the vibrations as well), if the motor is not making any noises you can lean more and accelerate faster up the incline but if the motor is making noises and vibrating naturally you will not even try it because you know it will dip if you push too hard, so you are actually preventing the dip by listening to the feedback of the wheel in this scenario.

Body weight makes a big difference, you are a lightweight rider that is why you haven't found the limit, I think the Blitz would have plenty of torque for you!

True.... but not the whole true.

You are a little bit wrong about the vibrations on electrical motors. The growling and vibrations is not necessarily a sign that the motor is just about to give up. The "cheap" controller systems EUC use makes the motors "complain" by sound and vibrations long before they give up. The complaining sounds can also come from a firmware not finetunes at low speeds. When a motor is rotating very slowly, the controller don't really know the position of the magnets, and therefor sends the power to the motor at a wrong frequency. That gives the motor a complaining sound, and even vibrate a bit. But it has not given up. Some systems complain more, some complain less. 

I suspect that you never actually got your old Master to give up on you either going uphill. Growling and vibrating sure. Mine does that to. But not giving up. So torque wise I have not yet found the limit. (except for one time when the fuse blew. And then a Sherman S blew the fusees at the exact same spot. ;) )

Regarding Blitz and off-road use .... I am 95% convinced an off-road version will be announced soon. So even if the Blitz probably have enough torque for but me (72kg naked) and others, I am not convinced it can take many off-road crashes. And I hope the "off-road" version also have less hard plastic and less flashing led lights, and focus more on being durable.

Edited by EUCzero
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

except for one time when the fuse blew. And then a Sherman S blew the fusees at the exact same spot. ;) )

Any more details on that spot?! Do you think it was too much of a angle? 

2 hours ago, EUCzero said:

Regarding Blitz and off-road use .... I am 95% convinced an off-road version will be announced soon.

This was posted on Facebook today, so the New dedicated off-road wheel, as promised at the Blitz launch is just around the corner:

Electric Unicycle dot org EUC | This is not a drill | Facebook

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1