Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

Perceived torque is very subjective, as a vocal member here always say.

The weight of the rider, skills, technique, pad setup, and firmware settings all matter.

The Blitz boasts 130 mm of travel, and while riding it, it feels light on its feet, and well balanced.

Also, the Blitz weighs 79 lbs, versus 86 lbs for the Lynx.

I think it is worth people's while to test one and see for themselves.

Edited by techyiam

Thinking it would have more torque than an 16inch wheel with a torque motor (extreme) was not to be expected anyway. It can still be an excellent off roader.
Tho I STILL believe Begode will come with a torque version soon. So I am waiting a bit longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

oh weird, it's what I was saying from the beginning but got a ton of flak for it... Still, it looks like a fun wheel though, and good for lots of street riding fun 😊

I will hopefully get my hands on a Blitz in the next week or so. Should be a good time. Hoping to pump out a review and some comparison videos (blitz vs Master V4 vs Lynx specifically comes to mind) and some other videos on the Blitz in the very near future.

No one gave you flack because you said a 16 inch wheel felt like it has more torque than a 20 inch wheel.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EUCzero said:

Impressive how bad GPS works in NY. My guess it's the big buildings and narrow streets doing it.
But it do look like more than 10% difference (2-4 miles/hour) when stabile 25 miles per hour.
So more or less like the ET Max.

GPS only updates once a second with phones. The are third party trackers that do 25 times a second (i.e. racebox). 

Combined with lots of high buildings GPS can be delayed. 

I'm interested in the exact figures on the left where they're doing a consistent speed. Seems pretty close 

Zen Lee has been posting a lot about his blitz. 

One of the interesting videos is the blitz out accelerating a v14 from a stand still. If that's true then this wheel should be amazing

Edited by Eyss

2 hours ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

No one gave you flack because you said a 16 inch wheel felt like it has more torque than a 20 inch wheel.

I was referring to when I was saying that the C32 motor choice delivers less torque compared to its c38 and c40 (otherwise equivalent spec-wise) counterparts, such as the Master V4. I was not referencing a comparison to the extreme in this case.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Yeah in my review, i mentioned that it rides like a OG Sherman, which is famous for its low end torque but better acceleration once it's launched. This feedback has also been given to me by a few riders that tested the Blitz here (Tep included). 

@Marty Backe and @roghaj are getting the wheel next, should be interesting to have their feedback! Im particularly interested to hear racers opinion on if the Blitz is a "Blitz" wheel, i mean, a race wheel :). I have my opinion but I'm not a racer! 

Edited by Ronin

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

Marty Backe and @roghaj are getting the wheel next, should be interesting to have their feedback! Im particularly interested to hear racers opinion on if the Blitz is a "Blitz" wheel, i mean, a race wheel :). I have my opinion but I'm not a racer! 

Oh wow, you got to test a newly announced wheel before the SoCal boys. About time.

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

This feedback has also been given to me by a few riders that tested the Blitz here (Tep included). 

But Tep is saying the Extreme is better for offroad than the Blitz, based on his first impression. Did Tep ride the Blitz offroad?

It would be interesting to see how the Blitz do against the Lynx, Master4, the EX30 and the Commander Pro 50 S on a racetrack. 

And also against the Lynx, Extreme, Patton, V14, and S22 Pro offroad. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EUCzero said:

Thinking it would have more torque than an 16inch wheel with a torque motor (extreme) was not to be expected anyway. It can still be an excellent off roader.
Tho I STILL believe Begode will come with a torque version soon. So I am waiting a bit longer.

Well the Extreme has about the same torque as a Sherman S, EX30 has more torque than Extreme.

Edited by Rawnei

4 hours ago, techyiam said:

Oh wow, you got to test a newly announced wheel before the SoCal boys. About time.

But Tep is saying the Extreme is better for offroad than the Blitz, based on his first impression. Did Tep ride the Blitz offroad?

It would be interesting to see how the Blitz do against the Lynx, Master4, the EX30 and the Commander Pro 50 S on a racetrack. 

And also against the Lynx, Extreme, Patton, V14, and S22 Pro offroad. 

No he rode it street only. It was just before the NYC Demo yesterday (wanted him to produce a review, i like his videos and he's a cool guy).

FYI when it comes to comparing vs other wheels, i can say that The Blitz is way more stable vs the Lynx at high speed.The Extreme and Lynx have way more torque, no questions asked. One being 16" and the other having a higher voltage. But the Blitz torque is acceptable. Imo of course. 

Edited by Ronin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ronin said:

No he rode it street only. It was just before the NYC Demo yesterday (wanted him to produce a review, i like his videos and he's a cool guy).

FYI when it comes to comparing vs other wheels, i can say that The Blitz is way more stable vs the Lynx at high speed.The Extreme and Lynx have way more torque, no questions asked. One being 16" and the other having a higher voltage. But the Blitz torque is acceptable. Imo of course. 

Thanks for your reply. 

When you say the Extreme and Lynx have way more torque, are you implying that the Blitz pedals dipped, due to over-torquing, but still could  not match the Extreme and Lynx, or are you saying for the same rider input, both the Extreme and the Lynx could accelerate harder or climb faster than the Blitz?

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Thanks for your reply. 

When you say the Extreme and Lynx have way more torque, are you implying that the Blitz pedal dipped due to over-torquing and still could  not match the Extreme and Lynx, or are you saying for the same rider input, both the Extreme and the Lynx could accelerate harder or climb faster than the Blitz?

The second one, rider input. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ronin said:

The second one, rider input. 

In that case, the ease of access to acceleration on the Blitz is poorer than on the Extreme and Lynx.

That's workable.

Each individual can still improve the level of ease of access to each individual's needs. 

Good to know. Thanks.

Torque is best tested objectively with a pull force meter, and subjectively by humping it so the pedals dip while going up a adherent incline, and doing that same process on the same incline with other wheels.

Ease of accessing torque is determined by firmware, settings, and pad placement (but we can ignore that since that's individualized), but is nice to know too. Mostly comes down to "how soft is soft mode on the given firmware" from the wheel's side aside from difference in tire OD and wheel weight.

Edited by Suzuha
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Suzuha said:

Torque is best tested objectively with a pull force meter

I agree, there is a lot of speculation but not a lot of numbers. I would love to see an actual dyno test just to see where the motor is performance wise for the application.  I also agree with Rawnei. That doesn't even take into account the physical parts of the rest of the EUC like geometry, tuning or inertia.

Edited by noonewantstobepeterchris

11 minutes ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

I agree, there is a lot of speculation but not a lot of numbers. I would love to see an actual dyno test just to see where the motor is performance wise for the application.  I also agree with Rawnei. That doesn't even take into account the physical parts of the rest of the EUC like geometry, tuning or inertia.

1 hour ago, Max B said:

The internal rim width is the same as on the C38, 38mm

That rim is way too narrow for a 90/90-14 tire. Did begode not learn anything from the ex30 rim story?

And also, why aren't the end of the motor cables crimped? 

Nevermind. I didn't quite grasp the concept that this was not a stock blitz and was a custom version 

Edited by Eyss

This is the OG HS Blitz in case of the rim width

The problem with the EX30 rim was that the rim flattened the tire with low profile very much, and the wheel arch did not support high tire profile. I don’t see how this interferes here, on the contrary, a narrow rim should break the tire too much and make it swivel, but the stock tire has a very strong gyro effect and stability. I don’t see a big problem in this, you can set it to 80/90, 90/90, or 90/80, this is much better than the old 80/90 in the Master

One of the riders managed to reach 104 km/h speed on the wheel, ~ 64.6 mph, unfortunately we didn’t look at the PWM, definitely 90+

photo_2024-08-03_15-18-08.jpg

Edited by Max B
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Max B said:

I brought some news. On the Blitz that we received, the stroke on the pipes is only 85 mm, there is also a slight shaft play in the shock absorber rod eye. They are on tubeless tires, but without humps. The internal rim width is the same as on the C38, 38mm. Stock tire weight 2.7 kg. A test batch of C38-based HT motors was ordered for testing (custom ones labeled HP38), so those who need torque instead of speed will most likely be able to order this version.

Am I reading this right? Only 85mm travel on a wheel marketed having 130mm?

53 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

If this is true..... I is a HARD "no buy" for me :(:(:(:(:(:(

59 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

4 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

If this is true..... I is a HARD "no buy" for me :(:(:(:(:(:(

this is pretty weird to me, and the measurement is not the best. the wheel is tall and share the ETmax concept which is like 125mm if i remember correctly

is the wheel full extended ?

( rubber ring at the end should be considerated, becouse it will be compressed at the end )

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Well BegodeWay marketed the Blitz as having potentially 2 ride heights/suspension settings (100mm/130mm), so I would hope this measurement is in the lower ride height/suspension setting?

Edited by fbhb

6 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Well BegodeWay marketed the Blitz as having potentially 2 ride heights/suspension settings (100mm/130mm), so I would hope this measurement is in the lower ride height/suspension setting?

maybe, also the advertisement on other wheels like extreme and ETmax is pretty accurate, i don't see how it could be so worong in this case